• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
mcw7wWb.gif

Nothing trumps the rump.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This was also the first US premiere episode of BtB and someone did try and tell us it was pretty good. Possibly for the wrong reasons but it was actually entertaining. Slightly better cgi than normal too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*watches This is How You Don't Play One Piece Pirate Warriors*
Phil claims to be a fan, gets just about everything wrong. Acts like a heartless bastard during emotional scenes because he's possibly a sociopath.

This trainwreck never ends.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I honestly believe that besides a hiccup or two (the recap episode, bits and pieces of the prelims) that Naruto is basically untouchable between the moment Naruto appears on the bridge until the end of the chunin exams. Then it kinda slows down for the next arc, which while still pretty good has some pacing issues and then from the end of that arc until the end of the canon material is amazing if you take out the Tea Garden race. It's a pretty amazing feat.

Hell in One Piece Water 7 and Ennis Lobby are my favorite arcs and even then they have what, six episodes of recap between them and a tiny bit of filler.

Levyne

Banned
I honestly believe that besides a hiccup or two (the recap episode, bits and pieces of the prelims) that Naruto is basically untouchable between the moment Naruto appears on the bridge until the end of the chunin exams. Then it kinda slows down for the next arc, which while still pretty good has some pacing issues and then from the end of that arc until the end of the canon material is amazing if you take out the Tea Garden race. It's a pretty amazing feat.

Hell in One Piece Water 7 and Ennis Lobby are my favorite arcs and even then they have what, six episodes of recap between them and a tiny bit of filler.

image.php

i'd say a lot more than just bits and pieces of the preliminaries; it's the majority of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i'd say a lot more than just bits and pieces of the preliminaries; it's the majority of it.

Ah but I have nostalgia from my first viewing a decade ago that makes me immune to the sexist, slow paced bits so I love it all.

The show also hits a comedic peak when it briefly turns into a buddy cop movie featuring Shikamaru and Naruto.

bigkrev

So, I passed out at like 11 last night. Obviously watched nothing.

Also, accidentally bought a PS4 today. Totally didn't mean to

Add me (same username)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom