• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

Attack on Titan - Now that they've waisted an entire episode waking Eren up, hopefully he can control his power do something. Also, LOUD NOISES!

Bleach - That fight music was far too epic for such a lame battle. Ichigo's Fullbringer form is uninspired. I'm looking forward to seeing Naoto Shirogane's PSP powers next week.

Space Dandy - Possibly the best episode so far. I don't like musicals but it was an entertaining watch.The animation (while clearly rotoscoped) was melting my eyes it was so good. The '80s training montage killed me with laughter. I have a real soft spot for nerdy girl characters and she was just.. so... incredibly... cute... hhhnnnnngggggg!

Naruto Shippuden - Ewwe. Someone lost the character models sheets when making this episode. It looked like utter garbage. The animation was terrible. Kakashi uses deus-ex-machina paper seal to stop Naruto from transforming which was mega anti-climatic. The scene with Naruto crying wasn't bad, though.

One Piece - Another fun episode. SniperKing is rocking Luffy's and Chopper's worlds. Everything feels fresh now that we're finally off the sea trains. The new OP wasn't bad (Ive never seen the original) but the ED was pretty lame. My only complaint is that the new villains look and sound really annoying.

Blue Exorcist - This... this episode almost broke my brain. From the horribad claymation looking CGI to the absolutely ridiculous idea of making SATAN a loving husbando. I... I just can't. Help guys. The only redeeming quality was that this terrible writing makes Bones Eater's ending look better by comparison.

Beware the Batpunchingbag - An average episode. Magpie is a fun character to watch and I thought the facial and character animation was improved. Still, Gotham looks even more deserted than ever and Bats continues to get his ass handed to him by scrub villains. I liked the twist that he dug up the wrong coffin but it was waisted on the fact that Katana survived anyway.

Black Lagoon - Awwe, look at Revy getting all soft for the kids and showing concern for Rock. I like this. She desperately needs this kind of character development. The episode was kinda dull but I enjoyed it for the most part. Clearly a setup episode.

Naruto - This episode's animation shits on Shippuden this week. Really, really impressive looking. Maybe a little too much squash-and-stretch but still, highly detailed and fluid. Really good episode with heart.

I fell asleep after that. Ranking:

Ranked by Quality:
Space Dandy
Naruto
One Piece
Black Lagoon
AoT
Bleach
BtB
Blue Exorcist

Top Three With Most Hilarious Reactions:
Blue Exorcist
Space Dandy
Bleach

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece Opening 6!

Here!

Like all One Piece openings...it has spoilers. The edited version of last nights tried to shy away from them.

I find it pretty good but then again I consider Opening 5 to be one of the best in the history of anime.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They really spent like most of the budget on the main event fight in shippuden for this arc and we're seeing the aftermath of that, the directer/producer of early shippuden had no idea what he was doing, probably had a good idea of having a slower pace so they wouldnt run into fillers faster which is what they probably wanted to avoid the most so another filler hell situation wouldnt instantly drop the ratings, but the planning around the slower pace was horrible and they still end up going to fillers earlier than they thought I think.

They really spent like most of the budget on the main event fight in shippuden for this arc and we're seeing the aftermath of that, the directer/producer of early shippuden had no idea what he was doing, probably had a good idea of having a slower pace so they wouldnt run into fillers faster which is what they probably wanted to avoid the most so another filler hell situation wouldnt instantly drop the ratings, but the planning around the slower pace was horrible and they still end up going to fillers earlier than they thought I think.
On the bright side, you can release Shippuden Kai in 10 years

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh I just realized I can now safely use Chapapa and Yoiyoi over and over again until they get beaten into the ground!

Let's talk about how amazeballs Space Dandy was.

tumblr_n9d3ufmuhR1t1j1quo1_500.gif

tumblr_n9d30zW7KM1t1j1quo1_500.gif

ckohler

Choice selections from last night's Blue Exorcist:

I repeat, this is Conqueror of Shamballa

What is going on?

Yup, that's CG alright.

World-class writing.

86dBwf5.gif

"He killed her!"

First half of this episode:

tumblr_lg2vpu1D9i1qaz0v7.gif

I can't believe my Witch is so kawaii ~.~

So Demons have emotions suddenly?
WE ARE WAY TOO LATE INTO THE PLOT FOR THIS

Satan was an ok guy.

You're the lord of the god damn underworld and you don't understand death

Awwe. She's asking Satan out on a date. ^.^

WHAT.

SATAN DOESN'T KNOW LIFE & DEATH.

WHAT. SATAN, YOU THE GUY THAT TORTURES PEOPLE WHEN THEY DIE.

WHAT.

ALSO, HOW DID SHE GET SATAN'S SPERM, FROM THE WOLF?!?!?

*BARFS ALL OVER THE PLACE*

What what what what what what what what what what what

Oh my god, I can't stop laughing, that is one of the corniest things I have ever seen, and that covers some ground.

DIS /MY/ BABY

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATWHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATWHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATWHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATWHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

She let Satan inside her

lLGKsTS.png

Oh man, I haven't laughed this hard at the writing & these reactions since SAO.

I... I love you Satan!!!

Man. Satan is a good guy all along.

Satan-kun :(

SATAN IS THAT REALLY YOU?!?!?!

This is SAO level of stupid right here.

SATAN THE PATERNITY TESTS HAVE COME BACK

IN THE CASE OF 13 year old RIN AND YUKIO

YOU ARE THE FATHER

I am now the deads

THIS IS LITERALLY THE DUMBEST SHIT

If I wasn't laughing so hard I would be so angry I would be spitting blood on the screen.

LOL WHAT IS THIS

THIS IS LITERALLY THE DUMBEST SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN

I have so many questions.

So

Many

Questions

I8nxMSV.gif

This is worse than Bones Eater and the climax of SAO.

looks-like-its-fuck-this-shit-o-clock.jpg

I also like how Satan being a shit stain right now contradicts the flashback WE JUST SAW

This episode...
RQCaBlt.gif

...No words. For any of this.

Satan is the king of games!

Wow this really is the season finale of SAO all over again.

PREPARE THE TABLES!

So what the hell happened to that B52 bomber?

...guys?

Blue Exorcist:

off-the-rails-o.gif

Naruto Shippuden
If it is one thing Naruto does well it is emotional scenes. Shippuden on the other hand...is hit or miss. The animation for this episode is non-existant at points (did Kakashi just teleport slap that seal on?) and Lady Chiyo mentions the resurrection jutsu and is conveniently dying just for the ending scene. The pieces weren't set up well for the climax and it reeks worst than Naruto's orange farts at the beginning of the episode.

Line of dialogue that perfectly encapsulates how poorly paced this series is: Jiraya to Kakashi: '...don't let Naruto go beyond 1 tail, it may already be too late'

*Kakashi watches as Naruto SLOWLY gets his second tail and ponders if he should use the seal*

eh. they DID set up this whole resurrection thing, to be fair, when she healed Sakura. and they did say she was gonna die soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The next Shippuden opening has to be coming up pretty soon, no? It's around episode 30.

EDIT: I don't know if I'll be able to resist referencing it a lot...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Five bucks says it's still the same Toonami promo.

Actually come to think of it it's next week. They already changed the custom bump a few weeks ago but maybe they also did one for the next arc.

Hero's not making a comeback anytime soon but you are my friend (aaaah aaaah)

Actually come to think of it it's next week. They already changed the custom bump a few weeks ago but maybe they also did one for the next arc.

Hero's not making a comeback anytime soon but you are my friend (aaaah aaaah)

They'll air the full ED for its first run, but yeah, there should be a new 30-second intro.

Neoxon

I'm a musical guy, so I absolutely adored this recent episode of Space Dandy.

The next episode has a tough act to follow.

Hey guys, I remembered some of you were interested in hate-watching the Scooby Doo WWE movie and so I wanted to come in here and tell you that it just started on CN.

Neoxon

I guess I was wrong about the Blue Night Booty Call, but I was right about Yukio. He was prone to demonic possession by Satan.

Other then Shippuden, Blue Exorcist, and Beware the Batman I enjoyed everything last night. Space Dandy, OP, BL, and FMA:B were my top 4 with uncut naruto getting an honorable 5th spot

The best thing about last nights BE was that it was truly completely pointless, it could have been as simple as satan emerged from the whole and posses Yukio who was his son (hence why he didn't die instantly) and unable to resist due to his loss of blood. This gets us to the exact same spot as this episode did without the 20 minute flash back that ended up being pure padding and pointless world building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom