• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

In general.

Ehh it could be better but can't complain. In between jobs, literally like I'm waiting for orientation stuff to be sent out, it's just a sales job at BB. Needed something better to hold down for the soon to be apartment with 2 other dudes later this month.

It's just a matter of ready to hit the ground running job wise.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm doing alright. Moving in a few weeks (probably going to miss a week of Toonami, I'll let you guys know).

Just got out of work myself, gonna finish AAI2 tonight then hopefully start trails in the sky

Personally I'm doing well, not much exciting going on besides work

Seda

My PHD Qualifying Exam is in about 7 weeks. I'm fine now but I assume I'll start loosing my shit as it approaches :p

Good luck.

I started 'losing my shit' /after/ I took the exam but before I got results, which took about a month to get back. You know, overthinking your responses and whatnot, wondering what you'd do if you failed.

Again, good luck.

Yo, guys. What's going on in he--

4509a1099e9a3a345e6a8f426603c0d11406741194_full.jpg

ipIIQCutG4Mlc.gif

So I was reading that Bravely Second composer thread and saw a repeated sentiment

Ryo sucks though.... :(

This is like finding out that Sawano is composing for Xenoblade X.
now THAT'S a tragedy.
Oh god, why did you have to remind me of that?

I finished the original Xenoblade the day before the Nintendo Direct with the Xenoblade X announcement, and I could not believe my eyes when the words Nintendo/Monolith Soft appeared. Seeing the footage of the new game, and how closely it resembled to the Xenoblade that I loved, made me the most excited and hyped I had ever been in my life.

Then "Music/ Hiroyuki Sawano" appeared. Again, I was shocked, but felt despair instantly replace the joy that filled me just a second before. That plunge from elation to despair is to this day the most extreme emotional shock I have ever experienced due to a video game.

Just thinking about it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

And I've seen various other anti Sawano posts across the anime thread and elsewhere. So I thought I'd ask, what does ToonamiGaf think of the soundtracks for Blue Exorcist and Attack on Titan? It seems this Sawano guy gets a lot of hate, but I've never had a problem with his music. (He also did Kill La Kill)

i haven't had any issues with Sawano's work on Toonami outside of that one song with vocals that played a few episodes ago in Attack on Titan.

Aldnoah Zero is a different story, however.

So I was reading that Bravely Second composer thread and saw a repeated sentiment

And I've seen various other anti Sawano posts across the anime thread and elsewhere. So I thought I'd ask, what does ToonamiGaf think of the soundtracks for Blue Exorcist and Attack on Titan? It seems this Sawano guy gets a lot of hate, but I've never had a problem with his music. (He also did Kill La Kill)

Sounds like a vocal minority to me.

Amikami

Banned
Hmm. Sawano is great imo. Love his work in KLK. BE has some gems also though not as satisfying in it's entirety as KLK or AoT. Completely fine with Sawano.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's something interesting. The Black Lagoon anime changed the order of multiple story arcs from the manga.

Here's how it went in the manga:
Black Lagoon (first two episodes)
Ring-Ding Ship Chase (Episode 3)
Rasta Blasta (Roberta)
Das Wieder Erstehen Des Adlers (Nazis)
Calm Down, Two Men (Rock and Revy "bonding")
Bloodsport Fairy Tale (Hansel and Gretal)
Goat, Jihad, Rock n' Roll (Japanese general and Rock getting kidnapped)
Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise (Japan arc)
Greenback Jane

I guess they chose to end on Fujiyama for the action.

The arc that followed, El Baile de la Muerte, was adapted into Roberta's Blood Trail. In the manga, that arc was 33 chapters (which is LONG for a monthly series).

The current arc is The Wired Red Wild Card. It will probably be years before it gets animated in some way.

i can kinda understand why they ordered the episodes the way they did; they put the character development pretty early, before Roberta. and i see why they put Greenback Jane after Hansel and Gretel to give the audience a breather. the reason for switching Hansel and Gretel with Rock's kidnapping is a little less clear, though i would imagine they thought it was better to end a season with Rock's kidnapping than Hansel and Gretel (which i would probably agree with)

Gorillaz

Alot of things big and small changed from the manga and anime

For the most part the "group" from the season 1 ending was in more depth. They made them more generic in the anime probably so it wouldn't be too offensive.The anime ending of Roberta's Blood Trail is also in more depth then the manga, way more indepth. Also the whole Revy and Rock thing at times felt like it was more concrete in the manga, where as it is ambiguous until this current arc where you can kind of see the wheels turning on something happening maybe/probably off screen(could be wrong)

I think they moved the Jane arc and the Tokyo one around because it would have been too much to deal with having the twin arc and then the Tokyo one right after it. Jane arc was a nice breather.The Wild redcard arc probably won't be done for awhile, Maybe by late Winter if they start putting up chapters next month. It looks like it might end up long in episode depth (maybe 4 or 5 episodes?) when it gets made. I"m interested where they are going with it because
they are setting up the new girl as a "Rock" character and maybe a possible new member of lagoon

Edit: None of this shit matters tho, because at the end of the day

It's not Beware da Gawdman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom