• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

image.php

Ah OK.

5 episodes into Monster. This is legit shook the anime. Will post my impressions when I feel a major event happens.

Gorillaz

Watching a few Eda/Revy scenes on YouTube I like how neither of them have an off button and seem to find a way to out shit talk each other

Is the anime adaptation of Monster on par or better when compared to the manga? I want to experience both, but I'm not sure which one to start with.

Are there any censored scenes or significant changes in the anime?

Is the anime adaptation of Monster on par or better when compared to the manga? I want to experience both, but I'm not sure which one to start with.

Are there any censored scenes or significant changes in the anime?
It's really really good. From what I've heard it's basically the manga with no cuts or filler. Haven't read the manga, but they are reprinting it this summer. Also the dub and sub are equally good.

Gorillaz

I'm going to be honest I could never get into clone wars. I remember it being on CN years back and I just didn't really feel like diving into that.

I think it's just me being burnt on Star Wars stuff

daveo42

Banned
Oh yeah...missed putting up impressions.

Most of the block was pretty good from what I remember. Standouts include Black Lagoon, Samurai Jack, and Shippuden (actual action!). Worst was probably Naruto Uncut, followed by Blue Exorcist (felt really meh to me). I don't remember much anything from Batman...a mix of too tired to care and needing a recovery period after Black Lagoon.

i did not like Clone Wars or Beware the Batman (though Batman was better than it has been recently)

I literally do not remember anything about BtB from Saturday other than her being Robin, but really Katana, but no really, she's Robin and oh yeah don't go killing with that bladed weapon there.

Seda

I wasn't really feeling the Boba Fett story that ended season 2, and this season 3 opener was mostly mind-numbing. I thought one of the Zillo Beast episodes was fun if only because I thought the visuals of the monster wrecking through Coruscant were very good. Otherwise it's the current airing has been pretty mediocre at best for a while.

I wasn't really feeling the Boba Fett story that ended season 2, and this season 3 opener was mostly mind-numbing. I thought one of the Zillo Beast episodes was fun if only because I thought the visuals of the monster wrecking through Coruscant were very good. Otherwise it's the current airing has been pretty mediocre at best for a while.

i actually liked the last two episodes of the Boba Fett storyline. the Clone Cadets one i did not like because of how absurdly blunt it was with conveying its little teamwork message. like, blunt even for a show that literally puts its lesson at the front of every episode.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i actually liked the last two episodes of the Boba Fett storyline. the Clone Cadets one i did not like because of how absurdly blunt it was with conveying its little teamwork message. like, blunt even for a show that literally puts its lesson at the front of every episode.

I was in my post Jack haze as usual but somehow liked this Clone Wars.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jack is seriously hurting my enjoyment of Clone Wars. It's too chill, like IGPX season one's soundtrack only with less talking. I end up being in a haze until the second half of Clone Wars at a minimum.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jack is seriously hurting my enjoyment of Clone Wars. It's too chill, like IGPX season one's soundtrack only with less talking. I end up being in a haze until the second half of Clone Wars at a minimum.

Jack's got great action and is a master class in how to tell a story without dialogue, but you're right that it is on WAY too late in the night. It's too artsy for that time of the night.

It's really really good. From what I've heard it's basically the manga with no cuts or filler. Haven't read the manga, but they are reprinting it this summer. Also the dub and sub are equally good.

That's good to hear.
I'll take your word for it and start with the anime. I'll pick up the manga later.

Gorillaz

So instead of Monster I decided to check out this show called Baccano. I'm going to rewatch episode one later but it's a cool premise. Takes place in the 30's and is basically about some sort of thing between 2 mafias in Chicago. Apparently the whole thing is which PoV does the show really take place from and which story is "true".

idk only seen this one episode and will try to see more tonight but it looks interesting.

Moaradin

So instead of Monster I decided to check out this show called Baccano. I'm going to rewatch episode one later but it's a cool premise. Takes place in the 30's and is basically about some sort of thing between 2 mafias in Chicago. Apparently the whole thing is which PoV does the show really take place from and which story is "true".

idk only seen this one episode and will try to see more tonight but it looks interesting.

It's a great show. Bit confusing at the start but it all comes together.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Baccano was rather good, done by the same person that did Durarara. I think my only gripe was how many times it'd keep shifting from time periods & who'd it be focusing on.

So don't watch the viz english dub trailer for Blood Lad if you're interested in watching, the trailer spoils the best scene in the whole series. I mention because I just saw the commercial on hulu watching Sailor Moon

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So don't watch the viz english dub trailer for Blood Lad if you're interested in watching, the trailer spoils the best scene in the whole series. I mention because I just saw the commercial on hulu watching Sailor Moon
Aaahh, right, should watch that after I'm done with No Game No Life. Though should I go dub or sub from what you've heard?

Aaahh, right, should watch that after I'm done with No Game No Life. Though should I go dub or sub from what you've heard?

I mean the dub trailer sounded fine from all 20 seconds I heard, though milage may vary depending on your opinion on Bryce Papenbrook who is the main character

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I mean the dub trailer sounded fine from all 20 seconds I heard, though milage may vary depending on your opinion on Bryce Papenbrook who is the main character
CAN WE GO ONE DAMN WEEK WITHOUT HEARING BRYCE PAPENBROOK IN AN ANIME?!?

All seriousness, not sure how I'd feel without knowing the mannerisms of the main character & if the voice matches. Considering it's only....what, 9 episodes, maybe I'll watch it both sub & dubbed. Though only real issue is my mind is trained to prefer the one that I hear first.

CAN WE GO ONE DAMN WEEK WITHOUT HEARING BRYCE PAPENBROOK IN AN ANIME?!?

All seriousness, not sure how I'd feel without knowing the mannerisms of the main character & if the voice matches. Considering it's only....what, 9 episodes, maybe I'll watch it both sub & dubbed. Though only real issue is my mind is trained to prefer the one that I hear first.

I mean if you think he's good as Rin in Blue Exorcist then you'll think he's good as Staz in Blood Lad. Staz is like if you got rid of all the lame parts of Rin and added in a love of otaku stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Smallberries Jr is really good at what he does. He's the best part of SAO, he's pretty damn funny with the script given in both BE and AOT.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I mean if you think he's good as Rin in Blue Exorcist then you'll think he's good as Staz in Blood Lad. Staz is like if you got rid of all the lame parts of Rin and added in a love of otaku stuff.
Yeah, that sounds like a role that works for him.

Now I wonder if this guy is gonna be like the next Johnny Yong Bosch.

#BringNoGameNoLifetoToonami
Everyone would get to see the greatest chess game of all time if that happened, but I don't think it'd "fit".

excuse me sir there is nothing lame about Rin

he can cook and has a tail

how can you be cooler than that?

Jintor

Blue Exorcist's comedic animation is pretty good for some reason

I mean look at the way her face size morphs as she's shocked. hilarious

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So despite no Toonami panel, think we'll get a Toonami-related announcement at Anime Expo this week? We've got a month for some shows to end, so it seems we could hear their replacements there by Funimation, Aniplex, etc.

Bleach doesn't really have good reaction faces, I'm a super fan and can admit that. Dandy, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, and even Titan blow it out of the water.

I can't tell if Man God genuinely likes Bleach or is still using it as a schtick. The world may never know.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach doesn't really have good reaction faces, I'm a super fan and can admit that. Dandy, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, and even Titan blow it out of the water.

I can't tell if Man God genuinely likes Bleach or is still using it as a schtick. The world may never know.

I'm so deep into character I don't truly know either but the people who stuck around and said the Lost Agent arc was better than anything in recent memory were right on the money. This arc is great so far. I'm sort of dreading it turning into the same old Bleach once the fighting begins to pick up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom