• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Asuna can do damage, but Kirito has the cooler looking supers. Plus there are shenanigans to be had if you use Kirito with the Leafa assist.

Kappa

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 124:

Now that we have reached the crescendo of the endgame, all episodes automatically are of the highest recommendation to watch. Indeed with Mistress 9 awakened she outlines her purpose, to bring her mistress the evil alien spirit Pharoah 90, who incidentally has a name right out of an 1995 AOL Chatroom, to Earth and allow the Tau Star System to reign. All that is needed is the Holy Grail, which is serving as an odd stand in McGuffin for the Silver Crystal and its limitless power. At any rate the ensuing power surge activates the rest of the Daimon Eggs and it turns out Tomoe had a shit ton of eggs lying around as we get the endless voluble masses that endeavor to keep the Inner Guardians occupied while Sailor Moon is grabbed quite violently into the lair.

Meanwhile the Outer Guardians are trying to access the base by helicopter but they encounter too much resistance and we get into the first of many controversial plot points raised as Sailor Pluto stops time, and in doing so has committed the ultimate taboo and is basically sacrificing herself in order to save Hakura and Michiru and get them to the endgame. If this sounds familiar, you probably just got down watching Sailor Moon Crystal and indeed we have her heroic sacrifice from the previous arc integrated here for little describable reason.This is something that actually has very profound implications the reverberate throughout the entire series and would not be the last time this would happen this season.

Indeed it happens again this episode as Uranus and Neptune face off against Tomoe and TOEI being TOEI they changed this encounter a great deal and the upshot is the talisman weapons are now active and Tomoe is free of Daimon influence and is alive, this is something that just flat out comes back to bit this series in the ass down the line. The episode reaches its conclusion with Mistress 9 ready for a showdown, the Outer ready to see their mission through to the end and Sailor Moon standing in between unsure how to properly resolve the situation.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 125:

Picking up where we left off we were in the middle of the grand confrontation between Mistress 9 and Sailor Moon and the Outers and then a philosophy class breaks out as the Outers are captured and used as bargaining chips as is Professor Tomoe. The Outers as still ready as ever to sacrifice everything to prevent the destruction of the world but they just do not understand the ideology of Sailor Moon. They do not understand that Sailor Moon sees such sacrifices as unacceptable, that as the great protector of the Earth she must do better, be better then allowing lives to be given away so cheaply. Such idealism never really clicked with this anime incarnation of Hakura and Michiru and I have never liked that, more on that next week and in the future.

Anyway, since Sailor Moon is a hero she gives away the Holy Grail so that nobody dies and it is used to summon Pharaoh 90. I will say it right here I have always found Pharaoh 90 to be the lamest of all of the final bosses that show up in this series, even in the manga I was never impressed with Pharaoh 90 the way I was with Wiseman and others. When it seems that the prophecy is about to come true, Mistress 90 is ripped apart by the awakening of Sailor Saturn, the guardian of death and rebirth. After handing ChibiUsa her pure heart back Saturn returns to use her demonstrable powers to destroy Pharoah 90 at the cost of her life. Going back to what I said, Sailor Moon still finds this idea beyond abhorrent and breaks down under the sheer weight of helplessness in one of the emotional scenes of the series.

It is the same emotion that resonates with the rest of the guardians, including out favorite extremists and allows for the true birth of the true Messiah, Super Sailor Moon who now has the power and the capabilities to save Hotaru. Indeed she marches into the edifice of Pharaoh 90 and defeats the abomination and heads out carrying an infant Hotaru, which is about as inexplicable here as it was in the manga. Well, maybe not because the 1990a anime series never really got the fact that the Guardians have certain abilities that i will touch upon in a later season. Anyway, the day is saved and next week we close out Sailor Moon S.

Line_HTX

There was no question that EVO was more important than my KLK post, haha. This episode title could not be more appropriate.

Screams loudly. That looks very painful.
Of course you're a dumbass, Ryuko. Just a terrible main character.
Bitch has got life fibers running through her body.
Hmph. Don't even try.
Coming back like a yoyo.
That Nui derpy face looks frightning.
TIGER KNEE!
I chopped them off, dipshit.
Gamagoori intensifies. RRRAAAAAHHHHH!
Medic family on standby.
Nui officially snapped.

This is one random Tiesto 7Up commercial. Could've gotten Armin van Buuren instead. :p

KLK bump coming back from commercial got a sick beat.
Very well. I shall take the punch.
We're the face and limbs of Lady Satsuki!
Shiny bowing. What a moment that is.
The callouts LOL.
Sounds like the words of a woman with victory on her mind. So you wanna get naked? This Mohawk dud, I swear... He's lucky that Lady Satsuki didn't decide to kick him below right there. Good job ignoring him.
TAILOR'S REGALIA!
I'm with Nonon. Fuck Sanegeyama's puns.
Bitchen.
Let's get this show rolling!
Best older sister?
Let's hurry! Them laser trails look like the lasers from Eureka 7 with the crazy maneuvering.
Mako's special uniform is back! Fight Club President!

Jarate

Banned
I think the worst thing about those 7-Up commercials is that no one is going to drink that during a huge EDM concert. 7-Up would actually be the worst thing to drink on stage.

And really, the entire thing is asinine to exist, they couldve been like "hey this guy that makes EMD music is drinking 7-Up while producing in his studio, but we wasted way more money then was necessary to make sure he was on a cool stage!

LOLDSFAN

As I was going through the tail scene in SAO again I noticed Silicia. She grabs her tail like she's almost thinking "Man I wish Kirito would touch mine..."
KuGsj.gif

CdZaZDg.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess she was sad that Kirito wasn't.......

\o-o\

........TAILING HER.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BBboy20

Yup.
Considering none of the marketing showed him before, and it was kind of a twist in the movie...
Heh. I didn't mind it when I saw it since I didn't have that high of a expectation; probably would have AGH! too if Edgar Wright was still in the project which, going by the end-result and the credits, he kind-of still was.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, when he wants to eat meat to recover his energy, that could be considered an emergency break.

........I don't know about brakes, though. Maybe when Nami or so try to stop him from doing something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
can luffy do 2nd gear and 3rd gear at the same time

Since all the other answers are spoiler marked, the short answer is that right now he cannot, no.

Remember, the fight with Rob Lucci is only the second time he's ever used Gear 3, for example. And the first time ever was like an hour earlier when he busted open the door to the secret passage under the Tower of Law.

Luffy almost never tests this shit in advance, so he's pretty much inventing his capabilities on the fly.

Jarate

Banned
Also, I gave Vagabond a good reading, and that was a pretty sick manga. Ignoring the art which is seriously the second best manga art ive seen (behind Berserk) the story was a little meandering in some places, but overall the themes presented are all incredibly well done and also incredibly well thought out.

It makes me want more Samurai in media. Is there any good Samurai anime that's presented in the style of a Kurosawa film?

Tenumi

Banned
Hopefully he'll be back. Doubt it's a perm, looking at it, but who knows.

I learned my lesson once. Never again.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Akame ga Kill will be starting next month, right?

Jarate ;_;7

And super late/off topic by now, but yeah, EVO was the best.

Hopefully he'll be back. Doubt it's a perm, looking at it, but who knows.

I learned my lesson once. Never again.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Akame ga Kill will be starting next month, right?

Less than 3 weeks I believe, so yeah.

Raxus

Akame ga Kill will make an excellent group watch for reasons I will not spoil but I would like to think it has enough in the tank to keep us entertained for its 24 episode run. Hard to believe it is so close.

Also why was Jarate banned. Nothing in his immediate post history raises any red flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom