• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Viewership is definitely up compared to this time last year.

TOTAL VIEWERS:

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.8 HH, 1.236 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.7 HH, 917,000 viewers
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.6 HH, 805,000 viewers
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.6 HH, 822,000 viewers
1:30AM One Piece 0.5 HH, 694,000 viewers
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.4 HH, 567,000 viewers
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.4 HH, 520,000 viewers
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.5 HH, 538,000 viewers

ADULTS 18-49:

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.4 rating, 504,000
12:00AM Bleach 0.4 rating, 460,000
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.3 rating, 410,000
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.3 rating, 442,000
1:30AM One Piece 0.3 rating, 383,000
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.2 rating, 309,000
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.2 rating, 282,000
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.2 rating, 287,000

guys remember beware the batman

Holy shit at that list - Anarky, Magpie, Ra's al Ghul, Tobias Whale, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad, Lady Shiva, Key and Humpty Dumpty.

All of those I don't think anyone has heard about (hell even I don't know who Mister Toad is and had never heard of Pyg until Arkham Knight) except maybe Ra's AKA the dude from Batman Begins, at least they had some balls, not even B:TAS went into D tier.

Edit: Wait who the fuck is Key? I don't know who this guy is either.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Anarky, Magpie, Ra's al Ghul, Tobias Whale, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad, Lady Shiva, Slade, Key and Humpty Dumpty.

TAS dipped into the D tier once in awhile. Clock King, Roxie Rocket, Firemoth?

Anarky, Magpie, Ra's al Ghul, Tobias Whale, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad, Lady Shiva, Slade, Key and Humpty Dumpty.

TAS dipped into the D tier once in awhile. Clock King, Roxie Rocket, Firemoth?

I guess you are right, they did. Although Brave and the Bold did too, to better effect then Beware the Batman I'm sure

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*facepalm* So I'm giving Monster Musume ONE more chance, because I honestly don't know & I think it's just too stupid for me to enjoy, and I just freakin' realized something about the centaur character.

The reason why she has big boobs is because they took the term "hung like a horse" & applied it to her chest uuuggghhhhh

I'm also not a fan of the trope of the MC always getting hurt for random reasons by the supporting cast (unless it's actually warranted). I just start to feel bad for them having to deal with such crap when they want to live a normal life. There's putting up with crap & then there's just full-on abuse.

I don't think that's the full reason why I can't enjoy the show, though. Something is clearly not clicking for me when MAYBE my high school self probably would've just enjoyed the obscurity of "hur hur girls but as monsters".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Holy shit at that list - Anarky, Magpie, Ra's al Ghul, Tobias Whale, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad, Lady Shiva, Key and Humpty Dumpty.

All of those I don't think anyone has heard about (hell even I don't know who Mister Toad is and had never heard of Pyg until Arkham Knight) except maybe Ra's AKA the dude from Batman Begins, at least they had some balls, not even B:TAS went into D tier.

Ra's is actually a fairly notable villain. He even showed up in the Batman: TAS multiple times.
But the others, yeah they were garbage tier obscure nonsense. It's like they wanted the show to fail.

As I said, the second half they tried to add more notable villains. Deathstroke, Man-Bat (though this version was a good guy), Killer Croc, and Asshole Harvey Dent (he turned to Two-Face in the last episode, but we never actually saw his face, it was dumb)

EDIT: Roxy Rocket was an original villain for TAS (or rather, the comic spin-off but eventually made it to the show), just like Harley Quinn.
Also, there's no Firemoth. You must be confusing two different Batman villains. Killer Moth and Firefly.

*facepalm* So I'm giving Monster Musume ONE more chance, because I honestly don't know & I think it's just too stupid for me to enjoy, and I just freakin' realized something about the centaur character.

The reason why she has big boobs is because they took the term "hung like a horse" & applied it to her chest uuuggghhhhh

I'm also not a fan of the trope of the MC always getting hurt for random reasons by the supporting cast (unless it's actually warranted). I just start to feel bad for them having to deal with such crap when they want to live a normal life. There's putting up with crap & then there's just full-on abuse.

I don't think that's the full reason why I can't enjoy the show, though. Something is clearly not clicking for me when MAYBE my high school self probably would've just enjoyed the obscurity of "hur hur girls but as monsters".

Monster Musume is actually a survival game and Darling-kun has to try to survive against a horde of Monster girls who don't know their own strength, this becomes more apparent after the mermaid, slime and spider posse up

Ra's is actually a fairly notable villain. He even showed up in the Batman: TAS multiple times.
But the others, yeah they were garbage tier obscure nonsense. It's like they wanted the show to fail.

As I said, the second half they tried to add more notable villains. Deathstroke, Man-Bat (though this version was a good guy), Killer Croc, and Asshole Harvey Dent (he turned to Two-Face in the last episode, but we never actually saw his face, it was dumb)

Yeah you're right. Ra's is way above the others. I'm thinking he's below Joker, Two-Face and Penguin though. In the same league as Poison Ivy and Bane at least.

Killer-Croc was also D tier before TAS though.

TAS made a lot of villains more popular, mainly Mr. Freeze. Not to mention that it was the first to have Harley Quinn, now a very popular villain.

Grexeno

Ra's is definitely A-tier in Batman's rogue's gallery. He's basically the only one whose plots would consistently justify Batman calling in the entire Justice League to deal with him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh lawd Sentai got the rights to Monster Musume.

Monster Musume is actually a survival game and Darling-kun has to try to survive against a horde of Monster girls who don't know their own strength
Ya know, it just hit me: I have no damn idea of the name of the MC is. I don't even think it was even mentioned yet. He's THE MAIN MALE IN THIS SHOW and they barely say his name.

Does that count as a gary stu when your MC's name is almost never said & is just referred to nicknames such as Darling by the woman surrounding his daily life?

....actually, no, a gary stu is someone you WANT to be. I don't wanna place myself in this guy's shoes when 1/2 the episode is spend him trying to dodge not getting hurt or is in pain.

..............AND THERE WE GO, it just clicked with me why I'm not liking this show. I don't want to be the MC nor hang out with most of these characters.

Edit: Also why in the world is it the MC almost never has a normal face compared to everyone else. Most of the time, his eyes are just white circles. He only has pupils in a few scenes. Hell, his face won't even change for more serious moments.

Man, I seriously can't get over the fact how much this anime is just flat-out annoying me, this is like a first.

Oh lawd Sentai got the rights to Monster Musume.

Ya know, it just hit me: I have no damn idea of the name of the MC is. I don't even think it was even mentioned yet. He's THE MAIN MALE IN THIS SHOW and they barely say his name.

Does that count as a gary stu when your MC's name is almost never said & is just referred to nicknames such as Darling by the woman surrounding his daily life?

It's Kimito something? I know it's super close to Kazuta Kirigiya which is Kirito's real name (lol). Everybody just calls him Darling/Husband/Honey/Master/Whatever.

Also -

762988d09d.png

Man, I seriously can't get over the fact how much this anime is just flat-out annoying me, this is like a first.

It's a harem-ass harem. I dunno what you expected! It's apparent it's about monster girls and how violent they are!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Kimihito Kurusu". Yup, I clearly don't recall that ever being said in the anime so far.

It's a harem-ass harem. I dunno what you expected! It's apparent it's about monster girls and how violent they are!
Maybe I've finally outgrown them or something. Or maybe I was just expecting a bit more humor.

Edit: That's it, I'm done. I think this is the first time an anime has physically & literally given me a headache. 3 strikes, no more.

Puruzi

Banned

The centaur has big tits because they have large kids that need more milk. It's explained later on.
It's just an excuse to have her have huge jugs, but that's the reason.

I'm sure monster musume is fine for what it is (harem romcom fantasy), but what it is doesn't appeal to me at all. Unless the series pulls a tenchi and quickly turns into shonen shit or I wake up one morning with a monster girl fetish I doubt I'll ever check it out.

This is the worst lie. You might trick me into checking it out, and that would go nowhere.

its not like your average survival game anime isnt as shit as your average harem anime!

Also started playing J-Stars for PS4, it's bad. Can't these guys just make a regular fighting game? This plays worse then JoJo ASB. It's like musou with less depth. Not to mention you only start with six (SIX) characters. Wtf? At least I can play as Gintoki and Shinpachi commentates, prob the best part of this game

Yep, played J-stars for about an hour and a half, probably an hour more then it deserves. Bad game, can't play as Hisoka or Kumagawa, what were they thinking

Crocodile

Problems with Monster Musume
-Main MC isn't actually a character but a self-insert cipher
-Mediocre art and character designs (you'll see better/more creative stuff on deviantart)
-Characters suck, have little to no interesting personalities and like the MC because he's "nice"
-Weak/bad humour

Blech

Breaking: Adult Swim has canceled China, IL.

I'll be honest in that sometimes this show got too stupid for its own good but overall I liked it, shame to see it go. Please tell me at least Mr. Pickles has been cancelled? That show has NO redeeming qualities unlike China, IL.

Moaradin

J-Stars seems like a game entirely about the fanservice. If that does nothing for you, then I can't imagine liking it. The gameplay itself looks pretty mediocre.

J-Stars seems like a game entirely about the fanservice. If that does nothing for you, then I can't imagine liking it. The gameplay itself looks pretty mediocre.

I love all the fanservice. Gintoki and Joseph Joestar interactions are great, the unique lines between characters that would never meet like Kenshiro and Medaka are all nice.

The gameplay is terrible though, and none of the game modes are very fun. It's not even good enough to hold up on fanservice like CC2 games. Like I could look up YouTube videos of all the supers and interactions and have a better time. That's what I did for JoJo ASB and that game plays better then J-Stars.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The biggest issue I have is it just feels so padded with "filler". You do the Adventure Mode, but then you deal with 5 fights in each arc (hell one of them is the exact same in all 4 arcs) that have NOTHING to do with the story. Even worse, a few are basically "Hey so you know the two characters you just fought or are going to fight? Well guess what you get to PLAY the fight to show that they met & teamed up in order to fight you!" Why do I need to see the fight that they teamed up when I JUST FOUGHT THEM OR ARE GOING TO FIGHT THEM?!

Victory Road is also very tedious considering you can't freely choose battles until you do all of them in every area on the map, so you're gonna have to redo a ton of battles just to finish up the ones you need to do.

Don't get me, you need to really get into the fanservice to tolerate the game, and I'm finding it alright because of it, but yeah, I can see why this isn't really connecting with people, despite being fans. Also why limit how many characters you can unlock at a time? I don't mind buying/unlocking them in the order I want (that idea is fine & I can choose my favorites first), but only allowing 3-6 at a time to only be told "NO, go do some battles & level up before you get the chance to buy more" is just silly.

Also yes, Kumagawa being only support was a huge disappointment.

Edit: I will say the music is rather good (have some in my Music folder on my Vita) and the fanservice itself, like most anime games made by Namco, is still really cool.

Some of you are being too harsh on J-Stars. It's meant to be casual team brawler that's played with friends.
Outside of that, it falls apart.

There's some depth to the combat that only someone dedicated to learning every possible combo can access, but it's not worth it if you're looking for something competitive.

"Kill me please. I shouldn't exist."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Some of you are being too harsh on J-Stars. It's meant to be casual team brawler that's played with friends.
Outside of that, it falls apart.

There's some depth to the combat that only someone dedicated to learning every possible combo can access, but it's not worth it if you're looking for something competitive.
To be fair, I see it as "Wanna see your favorite Shonen Jump characters do flashy attacks from their respective anime/manga against others? NOW YOU CAN!" which is why I don't dislike it as much as I probably should. I'm still glad it came to the US and that I finally got to play it. Part of me hopes Namco pulls another Project X Zone 2 where the game does well in the US to the point they'll do a sequel where they take the feedback and mainly focus on that in order to improve the game.

I'm still a bit bummed that the Vita wasn't retail. I think it would've been better portable, doing a battle or do, put it in sleep mode, then come back for another round or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom