• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do prefer Rave Master, though I haven't read it in a long time. This is in particular due to the series having an end goal right from the start and ramping things up appropriately as it goes on. Fairy Tail, meanwhile, didn't have a clear goal for a long time; I do feel hopeful about the current manga arc, though, perhaps foolishly. The Rave anime isn't good, though, because it ends halfway through the manga, and not only that, it literally ends right at the start of the arc where it gets really good. It also makes some odd changes, particularly in the beginning.

Makes sense. I also see that Mashima brought a couple of designs over to FT for some characters.

Nope, they censor the violence a lot, even though it was already censored in the transition from anime to manga. Still, great/dumb dub opening.

Good ol' Reel Big Fish.

I think the next One Piece episode is one of the best in the whole series, one of the best moments for sure.

I still do. It's very YMMV. I think a lot of people will be disappointed by S2.

Manga spoilers

he's not around for long but the ape titan is by far the best

And if S2 goes to where I think it will there are plenty of good scenes, I dunno how much Toonami GAF will like it due to their luke warm reception of AoT in general though. I think the general anime audience will enjoy it if only because
there is a lot of explanations and twist of why things happened and the casual fanbase that eats up AoT will eat that up

Yeah the next few weeks are going to be pretty epic though.

Agreed. KLK and OP hitting their climax, Naruto's gonna really get going, DBZ is getting closer to the big showdown (though probably still a few good weeks away) and Michiko to Hatchin will hopefully continue to impress.

Feels like this week was just an off week/building up for something big for most shows.

Agreed. KLK and OP hitting their climax, Naruto's gonna really get going, DBZ is getting closer to the big showdown and Michiko to Hatchin will hopefully continue to impress.

Feels like this week was just an off week/building up for something big for most shows.

I feel like the only meh stretch was SAO and Shippuden, everything else was good this week.

Seda

I remember thinking Jean was a good character the first time through, and a rewatch has solidified him as a favorite. His reactions to events around him feel appropriate and genuine without going totally melodrama (maybe a little),

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I remember thinking Jean was a good character the first time through, and a rewatch has solidified him as a favorite. His reactions to events around him feel appropriate and genuine without going totally melodrama (maybe a little),
He's the main character. The show just doesn't follow him.

Oh hey guys. This reminds me that it's time for ToonamiGAF's favorite Late Late Night Segment: What's Going On in the AoT Manga Now? Remember, don't click if you actually care.

So in the latest chapter it's revealed the whole thing with Eren not being able to stand up straight in the ODM gear during boot camp and the instructor guy were actually slightly related to the main story. Also, the instructor guy got some backstory.

being smitten by a Female Titan....weirdo

tumblr_mpnu7fb7MP1qblt7to1_500.jpg

I wasn't too big on KLK this week either, but it could just be the fact that SAO and Naruto felt like they went on forever tonight.

It's for sure the latter, were Toonami just DBZ Kai, KLK, M&H, and OP we'd talk about how great of a night it was. Also the first half of SAO was arguably decently paced and mildly entertaining, the second half was literally the most boring part of any MMO for 15 minutes into 30 minutes of nothing in Shippuden.

Oh hey guys. This reminds me that it's time for ToonamiGAF's favorite Late Late Night Segment: What's Going On in the AoT Manga Now? Remember, don't click if you actually care.

For it's problems which AoT has plenty I do feel like the author has had a pretty decent idea of where the story is going and has done a pretty good job of foreshadowing the later twist in the series.

Line_HTX

This started in the year 845. I think they'll get to the cellar in the year 860 when they're all adults. Maybe the year 865....

Why was Goku's SSJ hair blue in that trailer?

It's for sure the latter, were Toonami just DBZ Kai, KLK, M&H, and OP we'd talk about how great of a night it was. Also the first half of SAO was arguably decently paced and mildly entertaining, the second half was literally the most boring part of any MMO for 15 minutes into 30 minutes of nothing in Shippuden.

Yeah, you're right. I'm probably just not in the right mindset since I'm too into EVO right now lol.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Of course I joined, I'm the actual main character. You're just a specialized transformation unit with an arc specific backstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom