• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cuz it's a Chiller, Chiller night!
From last week:

Cuz this is Chiiillleeeeerrrrr, iiinnn theee niiiigghhhtt....

....& I can't watch cuz I don't have the most expensive Dish package.
Also not sure if I wanna bother with trying to watch along online. Too much of a pain to figure out commercials & I tend to be busy on Thursdays, so I don't feel like staying up late. Especially considering I have a Calculus exam tomorrow...

& really, the only show I'd probably rewatch just for the reactions is Is This a Zombie.

Line_HTX

On second thought, I don't have Chiller on this DirecTV. Oh well...

How is Tokyo Majin and Blood Black Brothers? I more or less have an idea of how Is This A Zombie is like lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
On second thought, I don't have Chiller on this DirecTV. Oh well...

How is Tokyo Majin and Blood Black Brothers? I more or less have an idea of how Is This A Zombie is like lol.

Both are worse than the other two shows, which is saying something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
12:01 I actually remembered Chiller's channel.

12:07 (regarding magical floppy thermos rolled omlet.) Weird.

12:09 (regarding eating her box.) Phrasing!

12:19 (regarding a fight with big tittied vampire ninja.) substitution jutsu!

12:26 (regarding the death of the mc via sword to the back.) BAD END.

12:37 Mysterious Transfer Student?!?!?!?

12:40 thus begins the first meeting of the midnight society.

12:43 people going missing? mysterious deaths?!? nothing phases our protagonist.

12:47 Chiller commercials > Tokyo Majin.

12:49 Protagonist chuckles "You mean the chaos chatroom?"

12:51 I also observe a strict no ghosts policy.

12:53 suddenly Persona 4.

12:57 darkness is the heart's true essence!

12:58 it's Medusa's snake arrow magic! Saved by upperclassmen!

01:00 Motorcycle card games?!? Let's die like lovers.

01:07 Random Ed Elric.

01:09 Ed Elric...was Barry the Chopper demon!

01:11 Screw the plot, Dante is eating Pizza! Lady is throwing mad shade!

01:13 did this show suddenly change into the good DMC?!?

01:15 They're racing for slips now.

01:19 helmets are for losers. so are weapons.

01:21 NOS!!? Shit this really is Fast and Furious with bikes...and demons.

01:22 Devil May Destroy Bridge. Lady is straight out of Akira.

01:24 Swerve, the bike was the demon.

01:26 Chhese it, it's the fuzz.

01:28 Ahaha, she is charging him for the bridge!

01:37 BBB just started. Also has a pale blue haired silent girl! This one is a princess!

01:39 The BBB lived! Well, one has no face and they're both technically dead!

01:41 Zuper Soldier Serum turns Nazi into vampire.

01:44 Vampires eating dessert is weirder than them surviving extreme sun exposure and moving water.

01:48 Mimi points out the obvious; these two don't seem like bros.

01:52 Vampire rebels are pretty tolerant.

01:53 Mimi wants that Vampire Hunter D. Kin Killer. Swat has rolled in!

01:57 inconsistently weak to sunlight. Got reckt via landing in water fountain.

Line_HTX

Dat Non-Canon Quad posting.

Obscure cable channel that suddenly has anime on Wednesdays. Very small channel, so they don't have an HD feed. Their lineup is Is This A Zombie, Tokyo Majin, Devil May Cry, and Blood Black Brothers.

I swear I get that confused with Blood Blockade Battlefront, and speaking of which, where the fuck is the final episode?!

Dat Non-Canon Quad posting.

Obscure cable channel that suddenly has anime on Wednesdays. Very small channel, so they don't have an HD feed. Their lineup is Is This A Zombie, Tokyo Majin, Devil May Cry, and Blood Black Brothers.

I swear I get that confused with Blood Blockade Battlefront, and speaking of which, where the fuck is the final episode?!

Damn, don't think its on Xfinity. Have no idea what those other shows are, but I kind of want to see Devil May Cry.

tumblr_nrkrapVTzJ1rb1rgoo2_400.gif

Cosplaying was a mistake.

Reading through ANN (yeah, I know) about the Attack on Titan movie, I found this pretty amusing:
"Please change Eren's character," Isayama pleaded of the writers. "He's not that sympathetic as a shōnen manga hero. ...I want him to be an ordinary youngster who gets paralyzed with fear when he sees a titan."

Raxus

I hate Erin's character but when all is said and done it shows shades of originality if he wasn't a psychopath.

I don't want any more weenie characters in anime for some time.

Eren sucks, the best thing to do in the movies would be to remove him and replace him with Jean or the character of Mikasa if Eren didn't exist

That's right Eren makes other characters suck more by existing

I heard Levi is not in the live-action movie for some reason.

But isn't he the most popular AOT character?

He is, I think they are making more movies so he wouldn't show up until the second one, like Aigis in the Persona 3 movies

So nothing then.

Yeah pretty much, you could probably fill the Eren-less void with some character traits outside of muscular, oriental and almost yandere

Seda

I don't really mind Eren being 'determined' or 'vengeful' or whatever. It's not terribly interesting but not inherently problematic.Heck some of his character in coping with being a titan is sorta alright.

but stuff like "the world beyond the wall is my birthright!" is awkwardly arrogant to the point of being confusing like holy crap dude wtf

The birthright comment is just a poorly phrased sentiment that [humans] deserve freedom to live without being metaphorically caged like animals. What we would call human rights. Just a silly sounding attempt to sound deep for an obvious repeating of his simple motivation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Never forget that he's a dumb teenager who has grown up under horrible circumstances. The rest of them are just as crazy, only in different ways.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Never forget that he's a dumb teenager who has grown up under horrible circumstances. The rest of them are just as crazy, only in different ways.

A dumb teenager who had brutally murdered people YEARS before any really horrible circumstances had actually manifested for him. He was a privileged doctor's son living in an idyllic hamlet surrounded by massive impenetrable walls. That's a pretty solid life compared to...almost anyone else in the goddamn series.

Mik317

Eren's main issue is that he is outclassed by damn near every other character in multiple facets and constantly fails at things until his "win" against
Annie
. That makes his angst and weird arrogance feel weird and unearned.

It may be the Papenbrook talking but he is like a reverse Kirito but yet still unlikable in that regard.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
Erin's certainly arrogant, or at least he likes to talk himself up in front of the other cadets. I like his rage though. I kind of like the birthright line. Very manifest destiny.

A dumb teenager who had brutally murdered people
He brutally killed people. Huge difference there.

Line_HTX

"The world beyond the wall is my BIRTHRIGHT~!!" has to be the best dialogue ever conceived in an adapted script. I could never have thought up a more unintentionally hilarious line.
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Eren is definitely outclassed by the others. Hell, even Annie has more character than Eren.

It may be the Papenbrook talking but he is like a reverse Kirito but yet still unlikable in that regard.

What's your full name?

Eren Kirito Okumura.

All in one. =D

ckohler

"The world beyond the wall is my BIRTHRIGHT~!!" has to be the best dialogue ever conceived in an adapted script.

That HAS to have been lost in translation. Did he really mean to say, "Going outside the wall is my DESTINY!" or something? Such an awkward phrase.

That HAS to have been lost in translation. Did he really mean to say, "Going outside the wall is my DESTINY!" or something? Such an awkward phrase.

From what I remember of the fan subs, he was saying that the outside is the right of humans. So a better translation would have been "our birthright", if the subs were accurate.

Destiny doesn't have the same implication though. He's not saying its his destiny to go outside the walls and see the world he's saying its a right he and everyone else should have that they don't have to live in a cage.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For awhile I expected people to actually watch Chiller with me like they did last week. But nope. Not a single one. After my third post I figured, well, might as well do one more as I started liveblogging the jokes I would have used if other people were reading.

Line_HTX

For awhile I expected people to actually watch Chiller with me like they did last week. But nope. Not a single one. After my third post I figured, well, might as well do one more as I started liveblogging the jokes I would have used if other people were reading.

You achieved what many people couldn't do with a quad post though... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom