• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CKohFGrUEAAW5RG.png:large

Well uh...

how long are these series anyways?

Is this a zombie's first season is 12 episodes plus an ova, it's second season is 10 episodes plus an ova

Tokyo Majin is 26 episodes broken into 2 seasons of 14 and 12

Devil May Cry and Blood Black Brothers are both 12 episodes

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can you pull up ratings from before/after the chiller block and/or ratings for the same hours on other nights?
I can pull up last week's.

Is This A Zombie (Chiller, 12:00-12:30 a.m.) 91,000 viewers; 28,000 adults 18-49
Tokyo Majin (Chiller, 12:30-1:00 a.m.) 54,000 viewers; 14,000 adults 18-49
Devil May Cry (Chiller, 1:00-1:30 a.m.) 42,000 viewers; 7,000 adults 18-49
Black Blood Brothers (Chiller, 1:30-2:00 a.m.) 21,000 viewers; 1,000 adults 18-49

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation remove their shows from Chiller to bring them to Cartoon Network, extends Toonami to Wednesday nights.

I didn't even know ratings could get that low.

The question is will they let it air again next week or pull the plug on it ASAP. Even if they got these shows dirt cheap they'd probably be better off cancelling the chiller block and just letting any of their serial series air then like Buffy.

Not sure what the rules are on discussing non toonami anime here, but i got to pick up the cyborg 009 reboot movie this past weekend and was wondering if any of yall have seen it. i havent rewatched 009 since it ended on toonami so im not too familiar with it. Is the movie like a sequel or is it just a completley new plot?

When you don't advertise anywhere on tv or on social media and show anime most people don't know and don't care about and are on a network a lot of people don't have you can't expect to do that well.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't forget to add an additional three zeroes to that number.
So the ratings are:

Even knowing that though, that is pathetic. That's public access TV bad and that has the excuse of being restricted to a single area.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hell, Funimation themselves, who owns the rights to ALL FOUR SHOWS, doesn't mention it on Twitter & Facebook and such, and they'd done it for Toonami in the past.

But again, to be fair, how many of us here stated we didn't have the channel? Dish only has Chiller if you get their most expensive package with all the channels (290+ channels for $85 A MONTH), & I only have their 190+ channel bundle. Compare that to Cartoon Network which is pretty much always in the cheapest bundle for any satellite or cable package.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funimation has a lot of experience with SD only channels that no one has.

Also every first commercial break of all 8 episodes so far has had the full length Tokyo Ghoul ad. This is basically the world's worst infomercial for Tokyo Ghoul.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It makes you wonder if Nielsen is even accurate with such a small sample size.

Well we already know it's fairly inaccurate. DeMarco had a whole rant about it pretty early on in new Toonami's run and how those numbers aren't the only things they look at.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nielsen is a severely outdated system.
With the advent of DVRs, online streaming, and bulk watching, the Nielsen system just seems silly now.
I remember Dan Harmon saying that the viewers on Yahoo were vastly greater than the ones NBC reported (in terms of Community).

Nielsen isn't as accurate as it was but it would take some serious PR to try and spin those numbers into anything not terrible

Not sure what the rules are on discussing non toonami anime here, but i got to pick up the cyborg 009 reboot movie this past weekend and was wondering if any of yall have seen it. i havent rewatched 009 since it ended on toonami so im not too familiar with it. Is the movie like a sequel or is it just a completley new plot?

There is a general anime OT, guarantee you someone could answer your question there

Soulflarz

Banned

Unable to answer on your specific show, but I think the general rule of thumb for ToonamiGAF is to not use it like a Instant Message service for your Splatoon matches.

I mean what. We've never done that.

Puruzi

Banned
Unable to answer on your specific show, but I think the general rule of thumb for ToonamiGAF is to not use it like a Instant Message service for your Splatoon matches.

I mean what. We've never done that.

When Splatoon came out people were fiending hard about it in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom