• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
You want to talk about something that would be completely underappreciated and a total ratings flop, can't do much better then that

It's a shame they never finished the series
The ending to the anime was a pretty shitty way to end that series

I actually like the show a lot better then the manga, shows art style and music are absolute fucking ace

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah that Fairy Tail Honest Trailer was pretty bad.
He barely even made fun of the characters, just listed what their roles were.
And yeah, half the appeal is Jon Bailey's voice.
"Meet our heroine Lucy, a mage with a sweet pair of guns. Beeeeewbs"

As I said the tower of heaven arc was when Fairy Tail clicked for me in manga form and that's like 80 some odd chapters in :X

Its also the first arc with a foe that felt like a real threat with a plot that felt significant.

I find most of this season's anime slightly disappointing so far. No real winners stick out.

It's been pretty good for me. Ushio and Tora, Non Non Biyori Repeat, Gatchaman Crowds Insight and Dragon Ball Super. Also some YMMV shows like Gangsta, Snow White with the Red Hair and the 200 smut shows this season. That Rokka show looks kind of neat from setting alone.

Plus Prison School later, sure to be AOTF

Jarate

Banned
So I just finished season 1 of Kingdom, and my god, I shouldve listened to the warnings. Ive heard really good things about season 2, so I stuck it out, but man, the budget for the show was less then a One Piece episode, some of the worst use of CGI ive ever seen, and when they did do 2d animation incredibly rough is a really fair compliment for the animation.

The director was also pretty meh at pacing the story and fight choreography, and just a lot in general. Im assuming the manga doesnt have these problems, but ive committed to 38 episodes of kingdom Season 1, so I may as well enjoy my ride.

Im still stunned that there hasnt been a good 3 Kingdoms anime, there was an absolute horrid one, there was a loli one, there was a slice of life high school one, but idk if there has been a truly well made one yet.

Anybody with good manga sense has anyone made a good manga out of the 3 Kingdoms era?

Raxus

Ushio and Tora

Probably one of the few openings I enjoy even then I am not a huge fan of the general designs but it looks gorgeous in motion thanks to the Ippo animators. Probably one of the few shows I will pick up this season.

I sadly missed the Gatchaman Crowds boat.

daveo42

Banned
I find most of this season's anime slightly disappointing so far. No real winners stick out.

Rokka for the action, Ushiro to Tora for balls-to-the-wall shounen, Charlotte for the trollolol, and GATE for who we all want to be when we grow up.

Crocodile

Huh?

Why?

Sell me on it. One sentence, go.

Black Lagoon in Italy

Granted, I didn't think the first episode of Gangsta was as good as the first episode of Black Lagoon but they are similar in tone and setup - a group of ner'dowells (two to start, three at the end of the episode and I wouldn't be surprised if more join later) get paid money to fuck shit up in a crummy town run by gangsters of all sorts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For you DBZ fans with a 3DS...

IKBQ9F0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom