• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

I can't really tell people not to read ahead in One Piece now. The anime really doesn't stop declining in quality from now on.

I would definitely suggest to Dominican Power that he just keep reading until he catches up completely.

Reading ahead has actually made the anime better for me. As I am picking up on things I missed the first time through. Helps that the dub is good but then you also get to see certain moments animated and it's just woooo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
anime is a FANTASTIC companion piece to the manga. Really fleshes certain bits out considering how dense each page of the manga is.

Rewatching YYH again.

The Dark Tournament is the best anime arc ever for me up there with Alabasta, the Auction in HxH and a few upcoming ones in Shippuden.

It is also one of the worse OP arcs.

RisuXcs.gif

I've been using this gif a lot.

Moaradin

The anime has it's bad stretches for sure, but the latest episodes in the last few months have been pretty great. Probably more animation in those episodes than it ever had

Grexeno

Fun fact: if One Piece had started at episode one back in 2013, the upcoming episode would feature the reveals of all of the Baroque Works officer agents.

Soulflarz

Banned
^I know about spoiler scene and spoiled it in here not realizing it was a spoiler because if you go to funimations site and go /videos/official in the one piece section it links directly to that episode which has it in the title WHO KNOWS WHY

Seda

Sorry, I know they were tagged but with two significant spoilers from two currently airing series I felt the need to remove

:/

^I know about spoiler scene and spoiled it in here not realizing it was a spoiler because if you go to funimations site and go /videos/official in the one piece section it links directly to that episode which has it in the title WHO KNOWS WHY

I tend to click spoiler tags anyway, but otherwise I'm sometimes spoiled by YouTube. Sometimes comments, sometimes related videos.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aww shit I missed some spoilers!

Next episode of One Piece people. WATCH IT. 6 days and change! Don't fall asleep during SAO II.

Soulflarz

Banned
I tend to click spoiler tags anyway, but otherwise I'm sometimes spoiled by YouTube. Sometimes comments, sometimes related videos.

Me too, because spoiler tags half the time is a real spoilers.

Seda, Nag someone! Shades of black on the spoiler tags clearly :V

(If you spoil 999 I'm going to cry)

Sword Art wasn't actually 100% boring last episode. But I guess pretty animation and godlike music can make anything slightly more entertaining.

You have two hours to finish it or I'm PMing spoilers.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

The only solution is to go play 999 right nao, so you can't be spoiled :3

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 126:

Okay, this episode was kind of really hilarious when you know how much they mis-stepped on some of the choices here. I can see where the lines of delineation came from via the internal logic, like for example having The Outers give the infant Hotaru back to a recovering Tomoe who now has amnesia, it is a nice neat warm and fuzzy end, but not the proper end. Indeed, I think somebody on staff had an actual clue of what was supposed to happen, The Outers decide to raise the kid on their own as a way of easing into retirement and shouldering a new duty.

Pluto is most decidedly not dead here and indeed she was brought back in Infinity to showcase one of the reliable powers the Sailor Guardians possess and that is reincarnation. Indeed the guardians though mechanics not are functionally immortal and when the body is terminated the spirit will find new flesh. Pluto is a strange case because she basically incarcerates backwards but that is the guardian of time for you. At any rate, these major plot choices don't really for anything the next season since that was the time even in the manga where The Outers were out of action. Though it did mean my favorite section from Dreams never got properly introduced. Still, once we get to Stars, which actually began at the late stage Dreams arc, the choices really hit the wall here.

Meanwhile the pink hellbeast has arisen, her pure heart restored and through contrived coincidence she get closure on Hotaru because I suppose there was no other way to handle this? I suppose it is nice and touching but as usual I found the ChibiUsa sub-plot to be boring and plodding. It is also worth noting that it was supposed to be Sailor Chibi Moon getting the big power up here in response to all of the Hotaru stuff but since they made her into a literal joke this season, that will have to wait.

Finally we come to Haura and Michiru and the closure they get for this arc. Indeed I actually rather liked this, it was the natural conclusion of the tensions that were being built up all season and the manga could never have a proper blow off since the plot and interaction of the two groups differed wildly. In this storyline The Outers finally come to blows with Sailor Moon over her actions and her very philosophy. What follows is actually one of the best character moments of the entire franchise as Moon acknowledges the flaws in her ideology but has no regrets about protecting Hotaru.

Things get a bit odd as the Inners attack and Sailor Moon fights back. Usually the storyline goes the hero takes the beating in order to stick to the lofty principles and is thus a better person. Here she takes some blows and then uses the Sailor Moon Super power to basically put them in their place and when that happens they immediately stop, kneel and finally acknowledge Usagi as the true Messiah and then fuck off to live the good life and to stay the hell away from Super S. This would be a fine wrap up to the season but we got one more episode to go through.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 127:

Right, I suppose this episode exists because they needed to fill out a certain number of episodes this season because it is pretty useless. The plot is basically retreading ChibiUsa leaving for the future once again and I suppose it does showcase her character growth as she is indeed much less of a brat this time around and actually likes the past. We get once last Daimon attack because we needed to give that oven closure as well and sadly this time we don't get the half a season rejoinder from ChibiUsa this time. I suppose another positive trait is Mamoru and Usagi got screen time as a couple, which was really rare at this point because certain people hated Tuxedo Mask and we got to see some of the old Inner team dynamics. Anyway a new dawn has arrived that portends a bright and dreamy future. So this was the Sailor Moon S season and I do agree with the consensus that this was the overall strongest season that had existed up to this point. The best one overall, that still remains to be seen.

bigkrev

I haven't played 999 (and honestly i'm not really interested in getting around to it)

Visual Novels aren't for everyone.
END OF 999 SPOILERS
Also, as someone who does Sudoku daily, the final puzzle in the game kind of broke my immersion. Seriously, this girl needed to do all this because she couldn't solve a beginner level sudoku?!?

Visual Novels aren't for everyone.
END OF 999 SPOILERS
Also, as someone who does Sudoku daily, the final puzzle in the game kind of broke my immersion. Seriously, this girl needed to do all this because she couldn't solve a beginner level sudoku?!?

Come on bro
did you even know what sudoku was when you were 6? I didn't hear about it till I was in high school

bigkrev

Come on bro
did you even know what sudoku was when you were 6? I didn't hear about it till I was in high school

No, because Sudoku didn't become a thing in America till the early 2000s. It was a thing in Japan dating back to the early 80s. The last time I was involved in education of young children (back in 2010), we were using Sudoku puzzles in our 6-8 year old after school programs. And considering the difficulty of the puzzle, it was of an appropriate difficulty.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ummm...
there's still some spoilers in that clip from episode 24.
Damn it, is there? Ah well,
it's in Japanese, so I doubt anyone could understand the context (was it that one part of Mako & Ryoko sittin' on the bench?), & even then, I don't think it really spoiled anything.

I was debating on waiting until next week, but I couldn't recall anything there being from the last episode, or at the very least, being spoiler-worthy.

ckohler

For what it's worth, the only spoiler shots in the video are from
a Mako moment in
episode 24 and all of those are just
visual puns anyway
and
aren't meant to be taken literally

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Somehow missed that Funimation license rescued Noein over the weekend. There's a series that deserved better than Syfy's shit Ani-Monday treatment.

Damn it, is there? Ah well,
it's in Japanese, so I doubt anyone could understand the context (was it that one part of Mako & Ryoko sittin' on the bench?), & even then, I don't think it really spoiled anything.

I was debating on waiting until next week, but I couldn't recall anything there being from the last episode, or at the very least, being spoiler-worthy.

It's a very minor thing, but I know some people can be very strict when it comes to spoilers even if it's a short "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" bit.

"Hey, Leafa. How long until SAO2 leaves Toonami?"

"Never. The ride never ends."

TV By The Numbahs said:
Dragon Ball Z and Kill La Kill were Saturday's highest-rated originals, with each earning a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed:+Tvbythenumbers+(TVbytheNumbers)

Code:
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:00 AM	1.540	0.7
KILL LA KILL		ADSM	12:30 AM	1.344	0.7
MICHIKO & HATCHIN	ADSM	1:00 AM		1.069	0.6
SWORD ART ONLINE II	ADSM	1:30 AM		0.958	0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM	2:00 AM		0.879	0.4

One Piece and Attack on Titan didn't make the top 100 listed in the link, so still waiting on those numbers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did Kai once again make into the top 5 ratings of new Toonami? 1.5 million seems very high.

& huzzah for M&H keeping in the millions.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed:+Tvbythenumbers+(TVbytheNumbers)

Code:
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:00 AM	1.540	0.7
KILL LA KILL		ADSM	12:30 AM	1.344	0.7
MICHIKO & HATCHIN	ADSM	1:00 AM		1.069	0.6
SWORD ART ONLINE II	ADSM	1:30 AM		0.958	0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM	2:00 AM		0.879	0.4

One Piece and Attack on Titan didn't make the top 100 listed in the link, so still waiting on those numbers.

Those are going to be baaaaaaad numbers for One Piece and Attack on Titan. The dropoff from Shippuden would have to be pretty damn huge to go from a 0.4 to a 0.2 or less at that hour.

And only on one of the all-time best One Piece episodes. Go fuck yourselves, "Toonami faithful."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom