• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Ehh, the AGK dub from that sneak peak sounds tolerable. I kind of need to hear more from the MC before I say anything else though... The trailer looks cool and stuff. I'll try this again after I gave it the three episode rule and see who this Esdeath is.

This is Sentai right? My only experience with a Sentai dub was Ghost Hound, although to be fair that's not exactly a show that would have a wide range of emotions though. LOL Crocodile pls, haha...

So a SAO game released today on PSN for PS4; anybody played it? I'm considering buying it.

I think that people are saying to just play Lost Song probably because there are more things to do and there are more characters, especially game exclusive characters. Too bad Lost Song isn't dual audio. I'm curious as to how the dub cast would do in a video game.
BWONG!
Mmm, Sinon, Lisbeth, Suguha and
Strea
on the PS4~

Bring Dang Gang (sic) the anime to Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll wait until the show premieres to hear the dub. I feel like it might give me a better impression overall if I hear an entire episode's worth instead of a few seconds or minutes.

.....unless it's of a specific character, because I remember that awful casting for that cat character in Log Horizon.

I'll wait until the show premieres to hear the dub. I feel like it might give me a better impression overall if I hear an entire episode's worth instead of a few seconds or minutes.

.....unless it's of a specific character, because I remember that awful casting for that cat character in Log Horizon.

Nyanta's English voice is so bad it loops around to being amazing

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nyanta's English voice is so bad it loops around to being amazing
It's not even the voice itself that bugs me, it's the fact they gave it to THAT character of all things. I guess their logic was "well this is suppose to be a cool cat, so give him a deep, "smooth" voice", but it's so completely different to the JPN original and his personality.

I think the only other Sentai dub I've heard of is Girls Und Panzer......

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, HSotD, I've heard clips & bits. What bugged me were the random references & memes. & this was by the same script writer who did the Ghost Stories dub.

Like, out of nowhere, a dazed character after being seduced by a woman, just randomly says "I like turtles." GET IT, LIKE THE STUPID ASS HELL INTERNET MEME THAT HADN'T BEEN RELEVANT FOR YEARS!!!

I can understand wanting to change up a script to better suit US viewers &/or make it sound better in the English language, but there's times where it's better left alone & not try to force in jokes where it's not needed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You either commit 100% to a parody dub or not at all
Exactly. HSofD was like....20%(??) parody. Which doesn't work.

Actually, this reminds me I wanna watch Samurai Pizza Cats one of these days. They actually couldn't find the script of the Japanese version, so they pretty much just made a new script based on what they THOUGHT was happening in the show. So it's pretty much the first "abridged" show, & it was passed off as an actual dub.

Hell, there's even a line in the opening theme joking about "as soon as we can find the script, then we can start the show", an inside-joke about how they lost the translated script.

Line_HTX

I prefer dubs since they've come a long way from the horrid ADV ones in the 90s.

However... there is no excuse for the way Highschool of the Dead turned out. That made me very angry about this "adapted script." Shame on them for such horrid shit.

At least I can take comfort in JP Saeko though... O////O

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Real talk: HSotD's dub is 100% serious. It's just a bad dub. Fairly talented cast too. It's still better than what I've heard of from Girls und Panzer.

I don't know what you guys are talking abo--

*watches AGK promo*

tumblr_nrnvqwV9Tp1qa94xto1_500.png

Is Tatsumi still going through puberty? Holy hell.

BBboy20

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya.

I can see now why it got all the snubbed and cryptic remarks when the Oscars came around.

I didn't expect the press release to be a bit emotional.

That behind-the-scenes DVD alone was something else...

sLMWL7S.gif

Takahata directed Grave of the Fireflies...I'm still not sure I'm ready to see that.

Moaradin

I may or may not have finished Yamato's 2013 anime with some of you, if we did I honestly can't say I remember. >_<

Nope. Quit halfway.

Yamato was by far the best series of 2013 and the movie was amazing as well, I am so glad about this (obvious) news
I was surprised at how great the movie was. It was perfect at being it's own thing, while also expanding the universe and setting up things for the sequel.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya.

I can see now why it got all the snubbed and cryptic remarks when the Oscars came around.

I didn't expect the press release to be a bit emotional.

That behind-the-scenes DVD alone was something else...

sLMWL7S.gif

Takahata directed Grave of the Fireflies...I'm still not sure I'm ready to see that.

Two years in a row that Ghibli CLEARLY should have won the Best Animated Feature Oscar by a mile if it was actually an award for the actual best animated feature of the year, with masterpieces from both Miyazaki and Takahata, yet lost to dime a dozen fare like Big Hero 6.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, be glad your birthday isn't associated with
the day your mother passed away from cancer
like mine is.

So how old are you now?

Seda

i had significantly more free time in college than i did in high school

heck i probably have more free time in grad school than i did in high school

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Yep, I beat all the games in college. Also went to the movies more, went out to eat more, etc, etc.

bigkrev

18 I GET TO GO TO COLLEGE :D

Rip free time :/

You'll have more free time than you know what to do with.

Yup, it's insane how much "harder" High School is than college. You are in a classroom for no more than half the time you were in one in High School, there is no "busy work" homework, and you get a syllabus on the first day that basically tells you exactly what will be in each and every classroom session. Once you are past your first semester and can start actually planning when you want to take classes, you can do things like sleep in till noon every day and never miss a class if you want to.

Hell, the hardest thing that you will be doing most likely is trying to learn hundreds of faces and names of people you meet and hang out with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom