• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So is this yet another incidence of not panicking about One Piece because of one individual week?

We shouldn't even say anything until we see the number. I seriously doubt it was as low as people might be worried it may have been.

Grexeno

Can't wait until Luffy reks Bellamy.
OuhK3Ni.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, sounds like the dub is not going to be as bad as feared from that promo. Still bad mind you, but not like Log Horizon bad.

Moaradin

Dialogue already sounds super stilted.

I definitely heard worse from Sentai, but it's still not up to the usual quality that Funimation and Aniplex bring to Toonami.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I am pretty positive that a large contingent of people vote DBZ for every single category no matter what it is.

"Favorite Toonami show with female protagonist"
"DUHHH DBZ!"
"... That doesn't have a female protagonist!"
"WHAT A PROTAGONIST?!"

Ratings - July 25, 2015
For the entire week of July 20-26, 2015 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is:

• Up 4 percent in total viewership (1.127 million vs. 1.082 million)
  • Up 8 percent among Adults 18-49 (622,000 vs. 577,000) from one week earlier
  • Down 12 percent in total viewership (1.127 million vs. 1.274 million)
  • Down 15 percent among Adults 18-49 (622,000 vs. 736,000) from the same week one year ago (July 21-27, 2014).
798da.png

55d11.png

This time, with One Piece and Attack on Titan.

Line_HTX

Maybe I should watch that despite the insistence to the formula over Endless Piece. I have been told that I might like a red haired lady that's like Scarlet from Space Dandy and Chief Warden Makina.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe I should watch that despite the insistence to the formula over Endless Piece. I have been told that I might like a red haired lady that's like Scarlet from Space Dandy and Chief Warden Makina.

Keep in mind, Gucci literally rage quit Fairy Tail without even seeing the worst parts. Also, there's no one in Fairy Tail like Scarlet. I know who they are thinking of but comparing the two is just insulting to Scarlet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Those lists also manage to miss the actual GOAT 80s anime.

pssK3uW.jpg

Well, ok, that image is actually for Overture to a New War, which is from 1993, but the point remains.

Seda

Agree that the guy is the weakest voice in that dub preview, but I've learned to never trust trailers for things like this.

Let the hate flow through you like dipping noodles masking as ramen!

this doesnt even make sense but works with your avatar

Crocodile

Akame ga Kill is a show that would 100% be improved with a dub similar in style to Kill la Kill dub. I guess a mediocre dub for a mediocre show is appropriate though :p

I'm watching the block.

This ramen thing literally takes 25% of the fucking Naruto episode.

and it was the best part of that episode! :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonamafia: Home of the Baccano Family

Looking at the page, I saw three.....& for some reason, one of them was Danganronpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom