• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Hinata is Stephanie Sheh who has a ridiculous CV of voice roles, but her Hinata goes super-over-demure and it never really works imo.

Granted I don't know what Hinata sounds like in Japanese.

her hinata is really good when she's speaking with conviction though

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
i know one person who always had faith....
best girl
Hinata having faith in Naruto makes sense. Everyone now having Hinata levels of faith is... new

Hinata is Stephanie Sheh who has a ridiculous CV of voice roles, but her Hinata goes super-over-demure and it never really works imo.

Granted I don't know what Hinata sounds like in Japanese.
Her voice mimicks the Japanese voice actress very well. The super demure is more of a problem with Hinata's character overall.

Morlas

Hinata having faith in Naruto makes sense. Everyone now having Hinata levels of faith is... new

Her voice mimicks the Japanese voice actress very well. The super demure is more of a problem with Hinata's character overall.

yeah i could almost believe that the japanese actress just speaks perfect english

cntr

Banned
I haven't watched the Naruto anime in either Japanese or English, but yeah I can totally imagine Hinata's Japanese voice being pretty meh too.

Anime female voice acting is rough in general.

Moaradin

Hinata's voice works better in Japanese because well... that kind of Japanese voice acting is kinda hard to translate to English to begin with. I always thought Stephanie Sheh did an alright job though.

when is the
confessions
episode? That one I remember actually being a little interesting.

Next episode

cntr

Banned
It's worth finding a video of a real life woman speaking in Japanese and comparing that to a typical anime girl voice. It's weird how different they are.

though I can guess the reason why

cntr

Banned
so I guess Kishimoto read about the cold war except Naruto is not the kind of series suited for geopolitical commentary goddamn it Kishimoto you idiot

cntr

Banned
Seriously, Naruto becoming a plot-based series when it started out as a character-based series was the worst decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom