• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
The less people you have in a community, the better, since new people can get an idea of what the community standards are like and tone themselves down, and it's easier for the mods to handle without being overwhelmed.

So this thread's fine because we have like, what, less than two dozen frequent posters? And it's not like it's easy to join GAF in the first place.

So we need a Toonami fandom version of the "Zero Mortals Plan"?

Got it.

Morlas

i'll have you know shipping is serious business....
only when the couples make sense and even then it's not very serious

Amusingly, it seems like a valid strategy for having a happy shipping community is providing so many options that it's almost impossible for battle lines to be drawn, judging from the MLP fandom.

Chase17

*catches up on the HxH episode*
Really great episode. I think the series does a good job faking you out when it comes to the climax of an arc. Like with the tournament being jumped over after the Gon match and to a lesser extent one of the upcoming arcs. Also the latest manga chapter
has me rethinking just how revenge crazed Kurapika is here. And I already thought he was going overboard before hand haha.

Regarding the kid Kurapika sees:
is he ever explained? He is mentioned at the beginning of the current manga arc too. Might have been part of the manga I jumped over?

I really need to get around to Lupin.

Off topic:
I had really been sleeping on Gintama. It's hilarious. Keep rotating between anime and manga since I can't decide what I want to go with haha.

Really great episode. I think the series does a good job faking you out when it comes to the climax of an arc. Like with the tournament being jumped over after the Gon match and to a lesser extent one of the upcoming arcs. Also the latest manga chapter
has me rethinking just how revenge crazed Kurapika is here. And I already thought he was going overboard before hand haha.

is he ever explained? He is mentioned at the beginning of the current manga arc too. Might have been part of the manga I jumped over?

Off topic:
I had really been sleeping on Gintama. It's hilarious. Keep rotating between anime and manga since I can't decide what I want to go with haha.
That's a friend of Kurapika who died during the Kurta massacre. He appears in a movie (that's supposed to be terrible) and a movie tie in chapter that Togashi made that's good.

As for Gintama, stick to the anime. Even the filler is great (after the ones at the start).

Off topic:
You mean Pairoh Kurapika's dead childhood friend? That gets explained heavily in the manga.

Chase17

That's a friend of Kurapika who died during the Kurta massacre. He appears in a movie (that's supposed to be terrible) and a movie tie in chapter that Togashi made that's good.

As for Gintama, stick to the anime. Even the filler is great (after the ones at the start).
Ah that explains it. Guess I'll look for that chapter then. Thanks!

And yeah I had noticed that the added scenes to pad out an episode were just as funny. Good to know the full filler is good too.

zulux21

i'll have you know shipping is serious business....
only when the couples make sense and even then it's not very serious

I type in "UPS shipping is serious business." one of my hits is
xnyp9D4.png

:/

guess that settles it. time to replace toonami with teen titans go.

the most famous person i've ever met is Zach Callison
the voice of Steven from SU

I think I met David Gallagher (from 7th Heaven, and he voices Riku in Kingdom Hearts) when I was around 3. He was (probably still is) friends with our close second cousin(s). And my sister got to play ping-pong with him, lol

Also an English teacher I've had starred as the villain in Children of the Corn

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah but if every fight was on the level of later Naruto spoilers
kakashi vs obito it would've been way better

It wasn't even the fights. There were so many character decisions that were just terrible. For example let's just introduce a bunch of new characters at the end oh and Naruto and Sasuke are
the chosen ones!

Chase17

Even Kishimoto probably knew that the war arc was going to be a train wreck lol. Realized that he dug too big of a hole with the Sasuke/Naruto relationship which he tries to fix with retconning in that they were close/connected prior to chapter 1 / chosen one nonsense (both lazy solutions that fail).

Also a good chunk of it he settles in on retreading the greatest hits of the series (none of which was very compelling haha).

Jarate

Banned
Remember when Toonami hot rid of One Piece and the entire block got shit ratings on a slow decline

THUS IS THE ONE PIECE CURSE

IDK if this is true at all but in my head it's true

Jarate

Banned
99% of DB Supers rating issues are because they decided to just not start post Frieza saga. Toonami should've just aired the actual really well made movies instead of the mediocre show we're getting

Seda

Basically a year ago the TV airing of One Punch Man premiered and Toonami got some of its best ratings ever for while.

NiMtxnP.png

Lower ratings are a combination of less people watching TV in general, more people watching anime via streams, and Attack on Titan not being the phenomenon One Punch Man was.

It's weird. Usually, a big gap between airings tend to stir up demand but it seems AOT S2 has failed to really break out empirically, both in the U.S and Japan.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's weird. Usually, a big gap between airings tend to stir up demand but it seems AOT S2 has failed to really break out empirically, both in the U.S and Japan.

I suspect people got tired of waiting and just switched to the manga.

Doing a 12 episode cour does seem to help, since we're getting Season 3 next year.

Too many people are watching Tokyo Ghoul.

I'm amazed that the manga is still majorly selling despite the anime not airing and being a big failure.
Then again, it could have been so bad that people went to the manga in droves.

I'm amazed that the manga is still majorly selling despite the anime not airing and being a big failure.
Then again, it could have been so bad that people went to the manga in droves.
They probably had to read the manga to find out what it's really about like with Berserk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom