• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I forgot how hard it is to watch GitS by myself, especially after taking a sleeping pill & close to going to bed.

Oh damn, forgot Aramaki had a brother. & sexy nurse is totally trustworthy.

"autistic mode"

...oh....err....um, that feels like a weird way to word it. Not a BAD way (not saying I'm offended by it), just....weird since it makes me question what they would call the mode to someone who would fall on the spectrum.

Autistic mode is basically the cyberbrain equivalent of operating in airplane mode.

IIRC a more general definition of "autistic" is being only concerned with your personal matters and/or wellbeing. You can see how this could relate to autistic people not being adept socially and whatnot.
I guess that makes sense in the context of the scene & how they use the word. Think I just was caught off-guard by how the term was used & the fact it was used at all.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Was I the only person that didn't know who the fuck that was?
He's controlled the radio top ten pretty much all year. But I'm surprised so many people recognized him so quickly by looks. I feel like no one would've noticed if they weren't already watching out for his cameo.

Regiruler

explodyparrot.gif

You will never see a more perfect gif emote in your life.

He's controlled the radio top ten pretty much all year. But I'm surprised so many people recognized him so quickly by looks. I feel like no one would've noticed if they weren't already watching out for his cameo.
Don't know anything about whatever the current top 10 is. I listen to goth and obscure alt rock.

bigkrev

Ed Sheeran's
cameo in Game of Thrones took me out of the episode.

This is where I am lucky that I don't know jack shit about popular music because I didn't realize anything till going on Twitter afterwards and seeing the complaints.

I'm at least happy I have heard of Ed Sheeran, but couldn't name a single song of his

shit, that's good
Rock and Revy deserve to be squids...
I am behind on my gaming news...Abigail looks bigger than a fucking pillar man and half as sexy... Why is Geese Howard in Tekken 7? They need to just give him a goose form to appeal to the internet meme.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Star vs the Forces of Evil for Toonami.

That "movie" ending was anime as fuck

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Adventure Time feels like a show that I probably would've really liked as a kid for how weird/surreal it is, but it premiered way too late for me.

At the very least, it feels like one of the rare current CN shows that has actual effort put into it in wanting to appeal to a wider demographic instead of just young kids. I remember briefly watching an episode that explained the Ice King's backstory & thought "holy crap, that's rather serious for a kid's show"

I watched the first four episodes.
The first season is heavy on stories that are random for the sake of being random, and it starts having more episodes that are weird but have a point as it goes on, plus story heavy episodes. Not necessarily a good change, but the show does change significantly. Still, if you aren't enjoying it at all, then I wouldn't recommend continuing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It feels like 90% of the shows discussed on here or on GAF in general are "oh don't watch the first episodes/season, it hasn't aged as well & doesn't represent the series that it becomes, jump to episode/season #"

Not that it's a bad thing, just something I've noticed over the years. & I say this as someone who probably has said something among those lines before (probably with the Simpsons since S1 is very.....dated compared to S2 when it had the better animation & better pacing)

Raxus

AT is heavily episodic even in later seasons. Moreso than SU or Star vs.TFE. AT is a big step for animation projects today so it is worth seeing a select few episodes if you don't want to watch the whole series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
thank god the toonami fandom isn't like that

........wait........*remembers times when Toonami Faithful podcast would focus on the women of the show & how they were attracted to them instead of the show itself*

......damn it......

At least fans behave themselves at conventions.

Sometimes.
I will never forget that con where Amanda Winn Lee got drunk off her ass and strip danced for a Pen Pen cosplayer. Sadly all known footage of that was scrubbed from youtube.

So confession time.

I think I watched the The Thing (1982) when I was 5.

I didn't sleep for three nights.
It effectively did it's job then. That movie has the creepiest practical effects. The sequel using CG couldn't capture the same grotesque horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom