• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

So I value, like, actual animation over being "on model" so that was a pretty good episode.

Also who the fuck cares if it's filler.

It doesn't matter that it's filler, it's that it's incongruent filler. They could had Pain dodge attacks or block them with his ability instead. Stuff like this is just silly:

fbmFqH4.gif

Sianos

That was a good episode.

...but yo Ghost in the Shell. I'm really interested to see where the series goes after that last episode, because that was nuts.

Oh, you read/watched Part 1?

Yeah, you don't need to watch any more of the series. Shippuden destroyed everything good about Naruto.

ghost in the shell is at the very top of my "gotta watch this some time", so i'll have to tune out for the night

that's disappointing to hear about shippuden, is it at least a wild ride? maybe i can find a highlight real because 500 EPISODES

As a long time Naruto fan who has been with it from beginning to end, pain ARC is considered the best arc of Naruto and one of the best in the shonen genre at that, from this point on lets say its gonna continue to have some amazing highs with a lot of emotional moments but its Finns have some teal low lows, and part of that is the pacing, it became obvious that after the pain arc, Mr shonen jump shut man came to masashi's office and demanded he continue making more Naruto because it was at s all time high

yeah i'm morbidly curious how the series escalates from here, i've heard bits and pieces of what follows without context and watched one of the latest movies

spoilers and also a question for the end of naruto:
at least naruto and hinata get together in the movie with the moon prince - but does the rest of shippuden show their relationship developing? cause i thought they were SUPER CUTE in part 1

Xe4

Banned
If you die, you're fired.

It doesn't matter that it's filler, it's that it's incongruent filler. They could had Pain dodge attacks or block them with his ability instead. Stuff like this is just silly:

fbmFqH4.gif
It's expressive animation. Not everything needs to be wholly realistic. You could argue it doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the show (though I would actually disagree), but as a fight on it's own there's nothing wrong with it. Indeed, more fights need to do stuff like this (IMO). The over reliance on being on model and "realistic" reduces the possibilities of what can be done in a fight. To see a show that takes full advantage of realism being thrown away at times, see Samurai Jack.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
at least naruto and hinata get together in the movie with the moon prince - but does the rest of shippuden show their relationship developing? cause i thought they were SUPER CUTE in part 1

nope, totally ignored

cntr

Banned
that's disappointing to hear about shippuden, is it at least a wild ride? maybe i can find a highlight real because 500 EPISODES
shippuden is often one of the most boring shows ever, lol

Shippuden has terrible romance, and Hinata and Naruto's romance is very badly handled. And I like the pairing!

ckohler

So I value, like, actual animation over being "on model" so that was a pretty good episode.

I agree. What I can't understand is how someone can complain about the animation in that episode when most of them time we get garbage like this...

JK8Q6h4.gif

Sianos

nope, totally ignored

oh god, is it just like
"naruto doesn't remember hinata's confession because of the mental stress of going berserk and then hinata just goes back to being shy"

shippuden is often one of the most boring shows ever, lol

Shippuden has terrible romance, and Hinata and Naruto's romance is very badly handled. And I like the pairing!

i guess i just hit a lucky spot of the series these past few episodes - eh, maybe i can follow along with toonami for the next seven or so years

that's lame :\ but also expected tbh

well at least naruto and sakura don't end up together!

cntr

Banned
This fight is good, yo.

oh god, is it just like
"naruto doesn't remember hinata's confession because of the mental stress of going berserk and then hinata just goes back to being shy"
you got it. that is literally what happens.

Moaradin

I agree. What I can't understand is how someone can complain about the animation in that episode when most of them time we get garbage like this...

JK8Q6h4.gif

I wonder what sort of reception Mob Psycho 100 would have if it aired in 2010 like today's shippuden episode. Would it be considered an ugly show?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
can they please play ANY OTHER of the Starburst commercials? I swear there's like 3 other variations, but for some reason, we always get this one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How does it not whack anyone with its giant cockpit on its back? You'd think someone would remove it as to not accidentally harm anyone.

cntr

Banned
The Tachikoma are back! Hell yeah!

How does it not whack anyone with its giant cockpit on its back? You'd think someone would remove it as to not accidentally harm anyone.
They're probably programmed to automatically avoid hitting people.

Xe4

Banned
Daww the Tachikoma
<3 I'm glad they didn't all go to the farm.
Super GITS Spoilers:
Oh the episode where they sacrifice themselves is coming up : ((

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
lmao
dac15_sad.gif

what do they fill 350 episodes with?! i know they can't pull any more crazy time skips because of the new series existing, where does the show go from here
in a vague, only semi-spoilery sense

New and creative ways to create massive massive amounts of filler.

cntr

Banned
what do they fill 350 episodes with?! i know they can't pull any more crazy time skips because of the new series existing, where does the show go from here
in a vague, only semi-spoilery sense
terrible asspulls, bad manga pacing, horrible anime pacing, and tons of filler

like three quarters of it is filler, probably

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
but major

the hollywood adaptation said that it's not our memories that define us, it's our actions

are you saying you can change your memories, which could also possibly change the actions you perform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom