• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Frieza and Goku throw down and it becomes clear that Frieza's training has put him on par with the Super Saiyan once again, Gohan unleashes a last desperate attack against Majin Buu's egg directly to try to destroy it and the monster within before he can be released, Ymir's history as a Titan is revealed as the Scouts arrive to try and take back Eren, season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul kicks off with a battle between the CCG and Aogiri while Touka faces off against her brother Ayato, while Gon and Killua are held captive by the Phantom Troupe their friends hatch a new scheme to get them back, Lupin targets a precious diamond in the possession of the crown prince of England, Naruto goes all-out against the various Paths of Pain but pushes his Sage Mode to the limit in the process, after the assault on the Sunflower Society by the Narcotics Suppression Squad Section 9 rushes to protect Dr. Imakurusu who they believe may hold a vital clue to the truth about the Laughing Man, and finally Jack is hunted by the Daughters of Aku.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 24 - Clash! Frieza vs. Goku: This Is the Result of My Training!
8:30 - Samurai Jack - 54 - XCIII
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 24 - Clash! Frieza vs. Goku: This Is the Result of My Training!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 123 - The Seal is Released!? Gohan's Kamehameha of Resistance
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 35 - Children
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 1 - New Surge
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 57 - Initiative × And × Law
2:00 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 3 - 0.2% Chance of Survival
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 164 - Danger! Sage Mode Limit Reached
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 21 - ERASER
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 54 - XCIII

Hmm...

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I....what?

An almost TWENTY (yes, HxH started in 1998, feel old) year old shonen manga that's aged rather well is a summary of everything wrong with anime made in the mid 2010's?

Yeah, no, I'd see it as everything done RIGHT with anime lately.

Edit: Now if the user posted that pic that caliph posted, that's way more understandable, especially knowing that the animation company tends to reuse similar art styles, giving off a sort of "same face" vibe.

Line_HTX

People who make these kinds of threads are both lazy and wrong and they're looking for an axe to grind instead of putting an effort to expand their horizons for just a little bit.

cntr

Banned
Even if you didn't know what Hunter x Hunter was, anime would be a lot less off-putting if more of it looked like that HxH poster, rather than...moeblobs.

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/9181462/p9181462_b_v8_aa.jpg[/IMG]
This is everything wrong with modern television

cntr

Banned
So Gintama has 201 episodes it seems...

Chris Carter effect happenin' again.

Welp, hope Prison School is good.
Yeah? Gintama's an episodic comedy series, not a continuous story. At most there's a handful of longer more serious arcs, but they're all self-contained. Chris Carter doesn't really apply.

(Only series where the filler matches the quality of the original material, btw.)

TheSun

Yeah? Gintama's an episodic comedy series, not a continuous story. At most there's a handful of longer more serious arcs, but they're all self-contained. Chris Carter doesn't really apply.

(Only series where the filler matches the quality of the original material, btw.)

Oh okay. Thanks for clearing dat up. I might've gotten the definition wrong.

still not gonna bother watching tho

Moaradin

Gintama has more like 300+ episodes lol

It's seriously one of the best Shonen manga/anime out there. One of the funniest shows I've seen, and the serious arcs rival some of the best Shonen in that department. First 20 or so episodes are slow, but once you get past the introduction phase, it just gets better and better.

cntr

Banned
still not gonna bother watching tho
It's your loss!

Gintama has more like 300+ episodes lol

It's seriously one of the best Shonen manga/anime out there. One of the funniest shows I've seen, and the serious arcs rival some of the best Shonen in that department. First 20 or so episodes are slow, but once you get past the introduction phase, it just gets better and better.
Yeah, it's amazing! I need to rewatch and catch up sometime.

I haven't watched Castlevania, but I do have one concern based on what I've seen so far.

I think it may be too violent for a series I never really considered terribly violent. I'm talking about this one scene where the camera pauses on
a baby ripped in half,
and I think that's a bit much for a game series where throwing pies at your enemies is a reasonable tactic. Part of that is also due to the fact that most of the games are 2D, and that doesn't really lend itself to serious violence.

Still really looking forward to checking it out.

Are we in the QUALITY stage i heard about

Oh yeah, lots of QUALITY tonight.

I kept it on mute but my eyes wandered to it and I saw a scene I saw on /a/ last year to showcase how bad it was. I can't believe that got past QC.

Super began production on a terrible schedule, and it's honestly surprising it lasted this long without crashing. The previous arc looked pretty good.

Moaradin

Castlevania had some clunky animation, but the two big fights were great. Definitely liking this recent trend of adult action cartoons.

caliph95

Castlevania isn't perfect and has problems something to do with it's 4 episode count but it's everything i needed this day and age especially for someone for only played the castlevania demo

Is there anime recommendations for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom