• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
What if Sasuke and Sakura were replaced with Shikamaru and Hinata.
I was gonna say this. The series would've been way better this way.

Like, come on, HInata even had a specific character arc, motivation, and backstory. She could've been infinitely more interesting than Sakura.

And having Shikamaru be the brains of the group and an actual friend, that'd be so much better. He even fills the "cool guy" role better than Sasuke.

Sianos

I was gonna say this. The series would've been way better this way.

Like, come on, HInata even had a specific character arc, motivation, and backstory. She could've been infinitely more interesting than Sakura.

And having Shikamaru be the brains of the group and an actual friend, that'd be so much better. He even fills the "cool guy" role better than Sasuke.

they even have way more interesting abilities that can be more creatively applied!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm debating whether or not Outlaw Star should get bold episode titles or not. I generally don't use bolds for returning Adult Swim series, but this is going to be an unedited version of the show that has technically never aired before, and I DID use bolds for the very brief 5 episode run of Cowboy Bebop HD.

Seda

I'm debating whether or not Outlaw Star should get bold episode titles or not. I generally don't use bolds for returning Adult Swim series, but this is going to be an unedited version of the show that has technically never aired before, and I DID use bolds for the very brief 5 episode run of Cowboy Bebop HD.

I guess it depends on how edited the original run was?

That said I'm looking forward to it.

Xe4

Banned

Did you bold GitS, which was also an HD worldwide premier?

If not, I don't see why this would be different. Isn't this HD as well?

RagnarokX

So I can't really explain why but this episode feels extremely weird. Even more weird than usual. Like, none of the components are coming together. Fitting square pegs in triangle holes. People are talking but aren't saying anything.

It feels like Kishimoto didn't know where he was going with this, and when Naruto is struggling to find an answer it's Kishi struggling to write himself out of a hole. This is a basic theme of Shippuden in addition to constant retcons.

cntr

Banned
Hinata as the main heroine would make it easier to have Neji as the main rival instead.

Anyway, I'm here to GitS!

...CGI!

yeah Hinata wants to be strong for a guy too, but at least she also tries to have a relationship with her family

I feel like becoming stronger was less for Naruto and more for herself. At first I don't think she really cared if Naruto noticed her or not. She just liked seeing him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Did you bold GitS, which was also an HD worldwide premier?

If not, I don't see why this would be different.

I did not. Ghost in the Shell's content has been identical to previous runs, though, which is clearly not the case with Outlaw Star, even from the promo.

Xe4

Banned
I did not. Ghost in the Shell's content has been identical to previous runs, though, which is clearly not the case with Outlaw Star, even from the promo.

Hmm. Either way you do it could be seen as a bit inconsistent, depending. It doesn't really matter either way though. Just do what you think works best : )

BBboy20

I feel like becoming stronger was less for Naruto and more for herself. At first I don't think she really cared if Naruto noticed her or not. She just liked seeing him.
I still see a flash of Naruto's reaction to Hinata's "I love you". The potential.........

Like.......fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Xe4

Banned
This is such a cool way to end a season. Most other shows would've had the whole episode be some huge action sequence, and I appreciate GitS bucking the trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom