• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

They don't surpass
Kakashi
, that man remains the GOAT until the last possible second.

i mean in terms of cool factor they can't hold a candle to Kakashi or Jiraiya....Orochimaru is more engaging in another sense, but they definitely become more powerful
though if Kakashi kept his two sharingan he would indeed remain GOAT

I really like most of the Metal Gear Solid franchise, but I think MGS3 is the only game of the main series that I consider truly great.

2 is also pretty good.

Twin Snakes is just hilarious.

cntr

Banned
1 and 3 are the best, imo. I've heard good things about 5, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Revengeance is also fantastic in that cheeseball Platinum way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really like most of the Metal Gear Solid franchise, but I think MGS3 is the only game of the main series that I consider truly great.

2 is also pretty good.

Twin Snakes is just hilarious.

Twin Snakes is fine. The custom boss tracks are bad. No VR is regrettable and the eye modeling could use some work.

1/TTS are truly great games. 2 is a technological marvel at the time and while stupid at the same time has some truly interesting things to say about information control. It also has the same few rooms repeated over and over and shitty boss fights that fans argue is some fourth dimensional chess messaging but in reality is because the game had a deadline, Kojima thought that it was truly his last MG game and let people go wild on it before putting it all together.

3...is just a great game all around. You want more information on these weirdos? Use the Codec instead of sitting around for hours letting them lecture you. It's all optional. CQC was a revelation. None of the first three solid games have great controls but at least CQC is something approaching empowerment. Hold ups in 2 and your bare bones ass punch punch kick in one don't hold a candle to these new options. 3 has a very fun self contained story as well...which is kinda ruined by everything after 3 ignoring but still focusing on that snake instead of Solid. Even 4, which stars Solid, ain't really about him.

4 is the game that ruined MGS forever for me. I still haven't gotten around to V or Peace Walker because of it. It's a truly awful experience. I'm not even being hyperbolic about this. I was so excited to play it and was even able to borrow a PS3 weeks after the game launched to do so. The plot is terrible, the supposed freedom to take control of the battlefield is barely an illusion, the game is even worse about cutscene pacing than 2 was, especially in the final three acts. The bosses suck mechanically and story wise. The ending is AWFUL. I never want to experience it again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm going to play Revengenance when I get an XBONE I've decided. Cyber Ninja Raiden is another bad memory of MGS 4 but just years of talking to nerds has all the games memes stuck in my head.

1 and 3 are the best, imo. I've heard good things about 5, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Revengeance is also fantastic in that cheeseball Platinum way.
I don't even consider MGSV a MGS game. Fuck that fucking game just fuck it, I hate it not even a good fucking story and that's what I play MGS games for. Good controls, living world and all that open world shit, but there's like no story taking place in it. Not to mention Fuckonami.

Morlas

tumblr_n11ifnxCsv1rq2ep4o6_r1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, why in the world did Crunchyroll make Kimi ni Todoke exclusive to premium members for FIVE YEARS? I watched the first 5 episodes, then find out the rest are locked behind premium, but then a few days later, noticed they're now available for everyone & that the "free for all" date was a few days ago. My only guess is NIS America had something to do with it since Arakawa Under the Bridge also was exclusive to premium members for over 4 years.

...also you can watch all of Toradora dubbed for free, but only the first 6 subbed, with the rest completely locked to premium. Okay? I don't quite get Crunchyroll's rules for what's locked behind a pay wall & what isn't aside from simulcast stuff.

& one of these days, I should try Revengeance. Tried the demo & thought it was okay, but felt like I needed to get used to the slicing controls. It didn't feel as fluid as I thought it'd be when I saw the footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom