• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
remember this version of Lupin
82d995f936f589cee9db9mdsyz.jpg

"She's a fighter and she's trying to get in our way. I don't care if she's a girl or a baby or somebodies grandmother. I'll still knock her out." "The family jewels have not been stolen."

*looks at Sonic Mania*

Hmm...

*glances towards Uncharted: The Lost Legacy*

Maybe...

*remembers Hey! Pikmin*

...Wanna play that too....

*remembers a new Metroid game is out in three weeks*

Goddammit, too many games. TOO MANY GAMES!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey Pikmin is very "okay", would probably wait until it's $20 unless you really liked the demo. I feel like it might've gotten more attention if it was one of the first 3DS games rather than the last.

Granted, I was able to score it for $6 thanks to that Prime Day error.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Commenting on the last couple weeks.

Never saw Outlaw Star, liking it so far.
Lupin is still lots of fun.
Tights! Amazing how Goku nor Vegeta knew Bulma had a sister. Thanks Toriyama!
And now Goku & Vegeta are so strong they can break the fourth wall.
Uncensored Stardust Crusaders is gross. Gray Fly's split tongue flapping around like that... yeesh.
Bisky is best.

And fuck Tokyo Ghoul anime.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow... FIRE!

"I'll make America great ag-" oh wait...

That part did nooooot age well. At least Raiden slices him up.

Xe4

Banned
I'll make America great ag- oh wait...
To be entirely fair, "Make America Great Again" and its variants have been a slogan used by American politicians since time immamorial. Before Trump it was famously used by Regan in his slogan "Let's Make America Great Again". Sen. Armstrong wad just the second most crazy person to use it.

Also, in a semi related note, Revengance is the second best Metal Gear game aside from MGS 3. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hideo Kojima also basically predicted the future with MGS2. Scarily so. There was also a lot of incest in the game but still.

Morlas

It never really appealed to me is all nothing against it....well it was on the playstation for most of my childhood so i guess that's one reason

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well Otakon was a fan of those Japanese anime

Also don't forget Vamp who may or may not be a vampire

Even MGS4 was kind of impressive on a meta level as it was basically about Kojima trying to kill himself aka his own franchise.

caliph95

Even MGS4 was kind of impressive on a meta level as it was basically about Kojima trying to kill himself aka his own franchise.
It's pretty him going "nanomachines son" to explain everything

It's still doesn't explain a lot of the ridiculous shit Vamp pulled besides being immortal

Or that Black(?) lady if fortune magneto powers

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Metal Gear Solid is the equivalent of Street Fighter 2 in that NOBODY talks about the original game, only the sequel.

Hell, the US didn't even get the MSX games until MGS3, & I'm pretty sure that was only via the updated version with the better camera.

I think Metal Gear Solid 1 is in many ways a better game than 2, but 2 is a more interesting one overall.

2 also has that FUCKING SWIMMING SECTION!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's pretty him going "nanomachines son" to explain everything

It's still doesn't explain a lot of the ridiculous shit Vamp pulled besides being immortal

Or that Black(?) lady if fortune magneto powers
All of vamps shit is nanomachines. Fortune is a device the Patriots gave to fuck with her.

Ray Down

Banned
While MGS2 isn't my favourite, I would say its Kojima most Kojima game its his baby.

His masterpiece for better or worse from a man that really is one of a kind in the industry.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The "fight" with Vamp is probably the worst part of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Vamp was always kinda terrible to be honest.
2 and 4 both have bad boring boss fights and cutscenes that take too long. 2 unlike 4 has fun ideas and spoke way too accurately about the future.

Also the tanker is the best single segment in the entire series. If the rest of Sons of Liberty was as good as the tanker it would be the best game in the series.

Hey Pikmin is very "okay", would probably wait until it's $20 unless you really liked the demo. I feel like it might've gotten more attention if it was one of the first 3DS games rather than the last.

Granted, I was able to score it for $6 thanks to that Prime Day error.

Yeah, that's what I figured about Hey Pikmin and why I didn't get it. I ended up getting Ever Oasis and that's been pretty great (still need to beat it though).

Far as MGS and 2015 GOTYs, my GOTY that year was Steins;Gate (NA Vita release) and I've only played MGR:R. Steins;Gate 0 and TMS #FE were my GOTY with a slight edge to TMS.

This year is going to be chaos far as my GOTY goes...

Haven't watched SU for almost a year now. Left off halfway through that Thanksgiving ep...to, unsurprisingly, have a Thanksgiving dinner with the fam

Xe4

Banned
To my shame, I haven't seen any SU. I hear godlike praise for its story and characters, and I'm sure both are amazing, but I can't stand the character design. the only character who's design I like is Lapis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom