• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
? the only thing similar with Hit and frieza really is they're bald and have purple in their color shceme

tumblr_oqbn69yD4n1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Hit looks more like Piccolo combined with Freeza's (original) final form. He's probably also my favorite character and design but he is for a lot of people.

A lot of the other alternate universe characters just looks like they got bored of designing new characters and just said fuck it after the first draft.

Regiruler

The Tvtropes anime page for "so bad it's good" only lists dubs and fails to mention tokyo ghoul or sword art online.

I feel this is a universal injustice.

HStallion

The Tvtropes anime page for "so bad it's good" only lists dubs and fails to mention tokyo ghoul or sword art online.

Hopefully because they'll fall into cultural obscurity and no one will even remember they existed.

I think I looked on Amazon and the box set for Root A is like four and a half stars. Which means that a lot of people think it's a good show.

Massicot

why is winnie the pooh in dragon ball super

why does monaka have little bitty titties

why does hit look like cell combined with frieza

why does frost look like cooler combined with frieza

why do those character designs look uninspired

hey hit, you should take a hit

he hitted hit

if you hit hit, he'll put a hit on you & will hit you back.

You have the worst posts.

I still remember that horrible scene in SAO II with Shino where Kyoji coming after her in her room...

I can't...

I didn't want to remember that!

I think I looked on Amazon and the box set for Root A is like four and a half stars. Which means that a lot of people think it's a good show.

Ah, Amazon reviews! My favorite place to go for a critique!

I'm not surprised it's rated highly though. I very rarely see stuff on Amazon rated low unless the product just didn't work or the person was mistaken of what they bought. I don't think Amazon gets a lot of reviews for stuff like anime too.

Xe4

Banned
I can understand why some think Tokyo Ghoul S1 is a good show. It's not an opinion I share, but I understand it.

But HOW anyone thinks √A is anything other than horrific is beyond me.

I can understand why some think Tokyo Ghoul S1 is a good show. It's not an opinion I share, but I understand it.

But HOW anyone thinks √A is anything other than horrific is beyond me.
Season one was kinda fun. Season two is unabashed dog shit though. I only really like Touka at this point. Wannabe Revy deserved better. I can't wait to see the reactions to the fucking end.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
TG S2 is one of the worst kinds of bad, the kind where you just feel nothing & can't bring yourself to comment on anything because of how dull it is. Gundam Unicorn at least had its presentation & a few battles, but that's barely any better than Root A.

At S1 lead to a bunch of riffing at how hilariously edgy it tried to be. & as bad as Dimension W was, at least that had 3 alright episodes at the beginning, even if after that, it went completely downhill & I actually felt something in response to how bad it was getting.

Moaradin

I was lead to believe Tokyo Ghoul S2 would be more of a trainwreck. Very disappointing that it's mostly just boring with small hints of it here and there.

cntr

Banned
spoilersno.gif

tbh it's actually kind of disappointing you guys spoiled the silly designs like this, i was waiting to see what people would say

why is winnie the pooh in dragon ball super

why does monaka have little bitty titties

why does hit look like cell combined with frieza

why does frost look like cooler combined with frieza

why do those character designs look uninspired
this joke is getting really unfunny

Regiruler

Yet those same people probably think good dubs are trash.

American anime fans are backwards.
TVTropes is an awful, awful, trash website.

Except... it isn't? Outside of the taste coddling that subjective tropes can lead to, the majority of tropes are objective stuff. It's like wikipedia for minute details.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My friend stated he couldn't stand the dubs for stuff like Soul Eater & SAO, which baffles me.

I fully understand wanting to watch a series in its language of origin, but for people to act like dubs are still bad like it's from the '80s or early '90s makes no sense (unless it's Sentai).

If anything, I feel like you're missing out if you only accept one or the other. Jojo made for a really fun rewatch thanks to its dub, even if the sub still has its moments.

Regiruler

My friend stated he couldn't stand the dubs for stuff like Soul Eater & SAO, which baffles me.

I fully understand wanting to watch a series in its language of origin, but for people to act like dubs are still bad like it's from the '80s or early '90s makes no sense (unless it's Sentai).

If anything, I feel like you're missing out if you only accept one or the other. Jojo made for a really fun rewatch thanks to its dub, even if the sub still has its moments.

I was watching a random jojoke and people were complaining about how it was dubbed, even though Diskin has the best "peeving on your coach" voice ever.

EDIT: I just had a thought that Diskin in that clip gives me a bayonetta impression, somehow.

Seda

I was watching a random jojoke and people were complaining about how it was dubbed, even though Diskin has the best "peeving on your coach" voice ever.

EDIT: I just had a thought that Diskin in that clip gives me a bayonetta impression, somehow.

People are always going to make petty complaints like that. That video also has 1000+ likes and 44 dislikes. Don't worry about it too much.

The Death Note movie being bad is sadly predictable.

Actual anime movies have been really good as of late, so it's kinda doubly disappointing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sounds like Tokyo Ghoul the manga is considerably better than Tokyo Ghoul the anime by most accounts.
The more I hear about manga comparisons (mainly from Decimate & his podcast), it sounds more like a problem with Pierrot adapting the source material & trying to aim it at a younger audience while deciding to make their own material. Heck, it sounds like the manga is perfectly okay.

*watches first minute of Death Note*

Oh...

...oh this doesn't feel right...
"foreboding"

At the very least, Dafoe as Ryuk looks & sounds the part. That facial makeup looks great, easily the one part that they got right. But damn it, of all the anime/manga to adapt, this should've been one of the easier ones. It was one of the few that I figured "okay, this COULD work, or at least be passable..." I'll have to check this out with my friend one of these days with his Netflix account, we need to get around to seeing that Castlevania show.

HStallion

Its basically a prologue/intro to the real story which will be season 2. I'd actually recommend people wait until season 2 comes out and completes the story. Its basically the first third of a longer story so its a lot of set up.

Edit: Talking about Netflix Castlevania.

Toonami Showdown 8/19/17 - Outlaw Star Premiere

"We talk about the Outlaw Star premiere, Roald Dahl, the Legend of the Goatman, why Claire needs to clean her room, Dick Grayson, DEATH ROB, Stephen King again for some reason, Dick Grayson's ass, that Mummy reboot with Tom Cruise, World of Warcraft, ahhhhhh-haaaa, putting patches on T-shirts, whether Dio or Jonathan is the one who's sexy, and jerking it in the bathroom."

Anyone who listens to this, it'd be cool to get some feedback on the whole idea of talking about general movie news tangentially related to Toonami and whether that's a good idea to put at the front or the back?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

"We talk about the Outlaw Star premiere, Roald Dahl, the Legend of the Goatman, why Claire needs to clean her room, Dick Grayson, DEATH ROB, Stephen King again for some reason, Dick Grayson's ass, that Mummy reboot with Tom Cruise, World of Warcraft, ahhhhhh-haaaa, putting patches on T-shirts, whether Dio or Jonathan is the one who's sexy, and jerking it in the bathroom."

Anyone who listens to this, it'd be cool to get some feedback on the whole idea of talking about general movie news tangentially related to Toonami and whether that's a good idea to put at the front or the back?

What you are saying to me is that you're contemplating a...change?

Dio is the sexy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom