• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The true best live action anime

casshern1.jpg
not at all

HStallion

I suppose Golgo 13 could make for an easy enough movie. Though they'd probably try and whitewash Duke Togo

caliph95

Shenhua is technically Taiwanese and Revy is Chinese American. I have no idea with the casting. Roberta would probably be the easiest one.

Exactly.
Who would you cast

I'm guessing for revt her race doesn't really matter so does the.main character really so expect white guys

cntr

Banned
Yeah, something like Monster or Black Lagoon is grounded enough to turn into a live action adaptation.

And something like, say, A Silent Voice is so mundane that it'd be easy to turn into a live action adaptation, even though it got an animated movie instead. But zero chance you'd get that from a Hollywood studio, lol.

Shenhua is technically Taiwanese and Revy is Chinese American. I have no idea with the casting. Roberta would probably be the easiest one.
You could probably convince a studio to cast Asian actors for those roles. I mean, Pacific Rim and The Martian got made, right?

Who would you cast

I'm guessing for revt her race doesn't really matter so does the.main character really so expect white guys
I honestly have no idea. I'm not knowledgable enough about modern hollywood to even draw up a name.
Yeah, something like Monster or Black Lagoon is grounded enough to turn into a live action adaptation.

And something like, say, A Silent Voice is so mundane that it'd be easy to turn into a live action adaptation, even though it got an animated movie instead. But zero chance you'd get that from a Hollywood studio, lol.

You could probably convince a studio to cast Asian actors for those roles. I mean, Pacific Rim and The Martian got made, right?
Pacific Rim had a white dude as the headliner though.

caliph95

Not as leads though

HStallion

Cowboy Bebop

Keanu Reeves as Spike
The Rock as Jet
Millie Bobbie Brown as Ed
A Corgie as Ein
Not sure on Faye or Viscious

caliph95

Yeah, but just make it an ensemble cast movie with Rock, Revy, Dutch, and Benny, and they'd probably be fine with making Rock Japanese next to three Americans.
Nah knowing Hollywood and Rock being the audience surrogate he definitely won't be Japanese and Revy being part Chinese is a huge maybe

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Golgo 13 and Black Lagoon would be stupid easy to adapt into live action movies/series. They'd have to be helmed by utter incompetents to turn out bad.

So I'm calling it now.

Todd Howard is gonna bring out a live fire breathing dragon on stage next year at E3.

No longer content to sell Skyrim on every system, he now wants to spread it into the real world.

caliph95

Yeah my shitty opinion

Death Note sucked or at best mediocre

Ryuk was the best part, L was fine
until the third act
light sucked
and I don't buy he was able to play xanatos at the end

While the direction besides some silly scenes was fine the writing sucked, the pacing was way too fast and doesn't give much breathing

the twist
with mia shouldn't have been a twist because the film doesn't justify believing Ryuk did it especially when he said he letting light do his thing and you have every reason to suspect Mia

Some change that annoyed me while not perfect original L way of testing Kira abilities makes sense relatively as he gave a name of a convict to test how is he able to kill.
Here he gave himself up and assume based on that even though Kira only killed criminals at that point and wasn't an egotistical assholes like anime Kira was or could have decided not to
and even so never tried
to protect Watari and apparently you don't need a full name

I do not approve of curse words and gore in my Death Note

And the changing of the rules hurts to see as well. In fact, Willem Dafoe as Ryuk in this hurts as well - if not, more.

HStallion

So the Yakuza team is making a PS4 exclusive Fist of the North Star game... wait... WHAT?

jrq4jGV.gif

I'm already dead

RedUnluckyCaecilian.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom