• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
Bah, I can't watch the simulcast on PS4, back to figuring out what I can do after I give up cable.

You can use SlingTV, Vue, or DirecTV Now. I use SlingTV cause it's cheapest, but it's not available on the PS4 unfortunately.

Unfortunately there's a 30-45 second broadcast delay, but it's good aside from that.

cntr

Banned
Oh, so he is augmented? Why did I never notice this?
I think he has a normal brain, but he has a cyberbrain interface tied into his biological brain. So what normal people do instead of cyborgs.

Wow, already doing a title drop, Chief?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You can use SlingTV, Vue, or DirecTV Now. I use SlingTV cause it's cheapest, but it's not available on the PS4 unfortunately.

Unfortunately there's a 30-45 second broadcast delay, but it's good aside from that.
My plan is getting PS Vue, then logging into the Adult Swim website, but if I use Chromecast, the quality lowers because I'm trying to do two streams at once (streaming the simulcast, then having my chromecast stream what's on my computer) & my phone is too small & quality is still bad if I put it on my TV.

I REALLY don't want to resort to splitting the screen on my laptop between the stream & the chat, but I might just have to if I can't figure anything else out.

cntr

Banned
I'm really amazed they went for "American Empire" instead of "Confederacy".

I don't know if that's more or less on the nose.

BBboy20

The Major's tactical suit is awesome looking. Also American empire never gets old.

I'm still convinced this is a very good template for an AAA GITS game.

ckohler

Are those wired telescope machines they use for hacking ever explained? When people can surf the net in thier heads and flatscreen monitors exist, wha do these machines do?

Xe4

Banned
My plan is getting PS Vue, then logging into the Adult Swim website, but if I use Chromecast, the quality lowers because I'm trying to do two streams at once (streaming the simulcast, then having my chromecast stream what's on my computer) & my phone is too small & quality is still bad if I put it on my TV.

I REALLY don't want to resort to splitting the screen on my laptop between the stream & the chat, but I might just have to if I can't figure anything else out.

It's what I usually do. Not ideal, but it works ok.

cntr

Banned
Are those wired telescope machines they use for hacking ever explained? When people can surf the net in thier heads and flatscreen monitors exist, wha do these machines do?
I think the idea is that doing it inside your head exposes you since you connect in, while you obviously can't be hacked by a plain video feed. And it's a binocular thing instead of a screen for privacy.

Whoa, I thought he looked different, but he just hijacked a waiter?

I love this plot. Its just talking but it's so interesting.

God, this was so engrossing I didn't even want to post.
Agreed. This is talking done right.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm kind of bummed my best friend doesn't like the Planet of the Apes film, mainly finding the core idea silly/dumb along with the CGI not looking good (but said the Transformers films having good CGI). Personally, I find these newer films took the idea & managed to execute it rather well.

I'll probably take my dad & his wife to see it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Always thought it was weird their operators were human like. Why not have just regular ol computers?
I want to say that they have other functions to help around the place, pretty sure it was mentioned in one of the episodes focusing on just the Tachikomas talking.

cntr

Banned
Holy fucking shit I didn't expect Batou to pack a rocket-powered grenade launcher!

This outfit is way better than the Major's normal one, even if it's a bit too skin tight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That certainly looks like a Masamune designed mech.

....though part of me is bummed it's not hand drawn compared to CGI. His robots look better when drawn.

OH GOD, I FORGOT ABOUT THIS

Xe4

Banned
Welp... that's one downside of cyber eyes.

Night ya'll.
Lots of ups and downs, but there were some real highlights.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 25 - A Full-Throttle Battle! The Vengeful Golden Frieza
8:30 - Samurai Jack - 55 - XCIV
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 25 - A Full-Throttle Battle! The Vengeful Golden Frieza
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 124 - Straightaway Into Despair? The Terror of Majin Buu
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 36 - Charge
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 2 - Dancing Flowers
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 58 - Signal × To × Retreat
2:00 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 4 - With a Gun In My Hand
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 165 - Nine-Tails, Captured!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 22 - SCANDAL
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 55 - XCIV

Later.

cntr

Banned
Hunter x Hunter and Stand Alone Complex were both standout, yo. Word out to Lupin and maybe Attack on Titan, too.

Later.

Ecotic

Everyone in GITS is so wooden except for moments of extreme anger. It's off-putting not to see much any other emotion.

cntr

Banned
Everyone in GITS is so wooden except for moments of extreme anger. It's off-putting not to see much any other emotion.
Really? I find them pretty relatable. They're professional yet familiar with each other, like the way Batou makes jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom