• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecotic

Really? I find them pretty relatable. They're professional yet familiar with each other, like the way Batou makes jokes.

Yeah, everyone in the show is so austere and uncaring. Togusa gets shot and Major and Aramaki rush in and just want the data. There's no hint of genuine concern or a 'hang in there, buddy' moment. The show in general is so wooden that any time there's humor or light-heartedness it feels awkward.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, everyone in the show is so austere and uncaring. Togusa gets shot and Major and Aramaki rush in and just want the data. There's no hint of genuine concern or a 'hang in there, buddy' moment. The show in general is so wooden that any time there's humor or light-heartedness it feels awkward.
You're weird.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I've seen, the manga looked to have a decent bit of lightheartedness/levity
Yup, because it was more in line of Masamune's style, where people were more laid back & humorous.

...one of these days, I should check out Dominion Tank Police.

cntr

Banned
From what I've seen, the manga looked to have a decent bit of lightheartedness/levity
Yeah, but from what I've seen, it was rather tonally out of place and weird.

I don't find SAC wooden at all. It's got a pretty good balance between seriousness and humor!

Time to rank Toonami:

DB Super: ehhhhh it was a meme episode. Ehhhh is my response.

DBZ Kai: Buu is awakening...yawn.

AoT: Ymir carried this shit. Watch it all over again.

Tokyo Ghoul: Don't know, don't care.

Fell asleep last night at 2. New work schedule makes staying up late a challenge now.

Anyway, hearing that Mass Effect Andromeda isn't gonna receive any single player DLC is kinda sad. It's basically EA saying they're giving up on the game, which sucks for fans who decided to support it early on.

Going right from AOT S2 to Jojo part 3. Tokyo Ghoul aside, we've been getting some pretty solid shows as of late.

Both AOT and Jojo make for fun group watches too.

Morlas

454afcb13c7c41bb06188fae783a9a4af4608e21_hq.gif

fools! my legend dates back to the twelfth century.

So last night's episode of Super was ugly, but I kinda love Frieza going for Goku's eyes, shooting at Krillin to leave Goku vulnerable.

It shows a sort of awful character development for him, where Frieza on Namek probably would have just relied on brute force, Frieza now is more willing to rely on more underhanded methods.

When does HxH get a new OP animation? (I know the song barely changes)
As of episode 50, it HAS had a little new animation, but Toonami didn't bother showing it in this cut for some reason

Damn Machi is cool.
Guys, I just realized that Machi stopped Killua's attack with her fucking abs. This being a kid that a few months ago when he was weaker could push like a 10 ton door. Imagine having abs that fucking hard.
Glad peeps are taking notice to her splendor

What was it again?
latest

Right here, Machi says "If you wanted to kill, you should have aimed for the head"
They had to cut down on dialogue and some scenes due to the pacing they're going at for the next ~18 episodes. (The OVAs did cover most of this, but did so at a pretty slow rate)
All while being a decent trap

I wish we'd get more muscular women in anime, even if only to mix things up from the standard moe/cute designs we get.
The fact that only Kale gets any sort of muscle definition when turning Super Saiyan in Super disappoints me.

TRAPPED IN THE ABS OF STEEL!

Who knew Machi was so swole in the abs department?

Now I want to see some fanart of ripped Machi.

I'm pretty sure someone out there has drawn a muscular Machi because of this scene.

Mikasa's muscles are more compelling then Eren TBH.

What anime is this? Is the show she's in as good as her physique?

Seda

I might have said this (and elaborated on this) before, but I find that I am disappointed in villains basically 95% of the time. They almost always suck.

caliph95

I might have said this (and elaborated on this) before, but I find that I am disappointed in villains basically 95% of the time. They almost always suck.
In anime at least they try to hard, you either get satan in human skin or edgy emo assholes in order to try to be deep alot of the time

Moaradin

That's why I enjoy HxH so much. Togashi tends to focus on his villains just as much as the heroes. Even more than at times.

Kabaneri starts off feeling like a pretty decent spiritual successor to the first season of AOT.

Then around episode....7 I think it is, the villain walks into the story, and it falls completely on its face.

Still getting a sequel to it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom