• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least sausuke has a decent character design
Kaneki was fine until
latest

cntr

Banned
There's something weird looking about anime figurines that makes me uncomfortable about having them lying around my house, tbh.

Video game characters, especially Nintendo characters, I'm fine with that. Making them bright and stylized and toy-like makes it less tacky.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least with amiibo, they're only about $13 each & they serve a purpose aside from "a piece of plastic that sits there", plus we get some characters who never had merchandise before like freakin' Duck Hunt or Mr. Game & Watch.

Meanwhile, I can't justify spending $50+ or $100+ or something that does nothing but look neat, let alone those insanely priced ones like First 4 Figures that can have something be almost $400. That's as much, if not more than a game console, I just don't have that kind of money to blow on such items.

.....though I'm okay with them being included with Limited/Collector's Editions of games since I'm getting them as a bonus, not just the figure itself.

Edit: I am also okay with them being prizes, like my super ultra mega limited T.O.M. marquette to which only 5 exist.

Jarate

Banned
I'd get that vegeta one if it was like only 30-40$

I don't really see the point with anime figurines, especially statue ones. What do you do, just like look at them.

Give me a good action figure any day of the week

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only other figurines I have, aside from the T.O.M. one I have, are the two that were exclusive to Club Nintendo, & they were appealing on account that it was the ONLY way to get them, one for reaching Platinum status for the year, & the other had to be bought with a good amount of points.

...oh, and some pre-order figures for Hammerin' Hero.

I guess I only care about figurines if they're something that I can only get through special means (i.e. contests, membership programs, limited editions, etc.) & can't just be bought outside of eBay. Makes them feel more....special, I guess. I've got so much gaming stuff on my desk/cabinet where my TV & consoles are. Should take a picture showing it off eventually.

cntr

Banned
Catching up to the podcast: was Papenbrook that bad? You guys talked about none of the cool bits from the Eren and Armored Titan fight!

I feel like Papenbrook's the main issue with why you guys hate Eren so much, pfft. His Japanese voice (Titan or otherwise) sounds perfectly fine.

Also, can I say, saying Papenbrook's name kind of makes me want to punch him. It just sounds stupid.

caliph95

Wait it looked like Flyers won it's year
#FakeNews

Also thy are having a Best girl bracket, so there is something else we can be smug about

Raxus

Are we talking TG's first OP or second. Could explain the confusion. I assumed the second seeing as S2 just started airing.

Moaradin

Seriously, I think that is the only ED I NEVER skipped. I watched it fully for every episode. The transition into it is great as well.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, it's not that interesting visually. Most EDs aren't.
I do like the references to future parts in the Battle Tendency version, though.

But best song, of course.

Morlas

also speaking of Tokyo Ghoul's second terrible op that should've been an ED it's not like pierrot doesn't know how to make a good filler material op, just look at yura yura from og naruto

tumblr_mkuw2e8yOm1rhr1xqo1_400.gif

Xe4

Banned
Catching up to the podcast: was Papenbrook that bad? You guys talked about none of the cool bits from the Eren and Armored Titan fight!

I feel like Papenbrook's the main issue with why you guys hate Eren so much, pfft. His Japanese voice (Titan or otherwise) sounds perfectly fine.

Also, can I say, saying Papenbrook's name kind of makes me want to punch him. It just sounds stupid.

Having watched S1 with both the Sub and Dub, I can confirm it's way better subbed. I think that's part of the reason why Toonami-GAF was so lukewarm on S1 even though I liked it quite a bit.

Still not as good as S2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom