• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
ddb.gif

He was sick that day as well
grexeno just coughed as I read this post

cntr

Banned
catching up to the toonami showdown:

"Get out of here with that laffy taffy bullshit!"

edit: you guys should just forget about this Toonami nonsense and just talk about whatever on this podcast

Regiruler

Out of curiosity: would anybody say that Lupin the 3rd (more specifically Part 4) is enjoyable by non-anime fans too? People say the series is pretty widely popular to a casual audience but I haven't heard of the series much before seeing it on Toonami.
Hellsing ultimate
yes I know they already played it

Just play everything except the last half of the final episode.
byq0venidh8z.jpg

Murata does Vegeta and Nappa

Murata's super detailed style doesn't work that great with dragonball tbh.
Are we talking TG's first OP or second. Could explain the confusion. I assumed the second seeing as S2 just started airing.

I like the style of the first OP.

caliph95

Out of curiosity: would anybody say that Lupin the 3rd (more specifically Part 4) is enjoyable by non-anime fans too? People say the series is pretty widely popular to a casual audience but I haven't heard of the series much before seeing it on Toonami.
I would say yes i only watch the first two episodes and it's the only lupin i've seen and i would say like the typical anime on toonami it's the kinda show that would appeal to the casuals.

Code:
[IMG]https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/4/42/Jojomonokuma.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140218102042[/IMG][IMG]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/26/1403975813-monokuma.jpg[/IMG]

Regiruler

I would say yes i only watch the first two episodes and it's the only lupin i've seen and i would say like the typical anime on toonami it's the kinda show that would appeal to the casuals.

Even moreso though, do you think it can appeal to people who don't even watch shonen? I feel like Lupin has a very controlled western feel to it.
New TRIGGER show in production:

94f.png

Is that love machine in the background?

caliph95

Even moreso though, do you think it can appeal to people who don't even watch shonen? I feel like Lupin has a very controlled western feel to it.
It's far from typical shonen like if it wasn't for the budget and different locations it could be a comedic crime live action show on a network. People who do't care for the narutos, i can see them personally enjoying Lupin. So far it doesn't feel very animu to me

Code:
[IMG]https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/4/42/Jojomonokuma.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140218102042[/IMG][IMG]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/26/1403975813-monokuma.jpg[/IMG]
tumblr_inline_oa4kyfBW4H1tjoa4a_540.png

Raxus

I am catching up to Toonami and I watched Lupin, Dragonball and Attack on Titan. I am slowly building up to having to watch Tokyo Ghoul and descend to complete madness.

cntr

Banned
You guys should just stop watching Tokyo Ghoul, tbh.

It is impossible for me to logically chart the course for Kanedgy's character development. That shit just came out of nowhere.
It's basically Pierrot writing shitty fanfic, 'cause that's is the point where the anime totally breaks from the manga.

caliph95

It's basically Pierrot writing shitty fanfic, 'cause that's is the point where the anime totally breaks from the manga.
Pretty much he didn't join in the manga because why would he, they tortured him and i doubt he agrees with their philosophy
It makes no sense here

Cause it's shit. I don't exactly hate the characters or the fucking plot, I honestly think Touka is a slightly less edgy Revy, but her character is actually likable (Revy is too). I think about 9 eps in it's very obvious that Touka's edge is just a mask concealing her actual personality, with Kanedgy it's well...EDGE EDGE EDGE EDGE EDGE. I don't think I'll mind going through the manga when that moment hits though.

cntr

Banned
afaik, the anime leaves out so much that you have to start the manga from the beginning, otherwise nothing makes sense

so

afaik, the anime leaves out so much that you have to start the manga from the beginning, otherwise nothing makes sense

so
Unless it's a decent enough adaptation like Claymore or Black Lagoon I normally start from the beginning. I even bought my HxH and Berserk manga from the beginning.

Huh, impressive.

Wait, you watched the Berserk anime first? Which one?
I actually read Berserk before I watched the 90's anime and the 3 movies and way before the last anime was announced. I bought Berserk because I wanted to own it legally and wash the shit taste that damn anime left in my mouth.

Morlas

my only real problem with claymore was the author made the main villain too op so they had to bs their way to the finish line

my only real problem with claymore was the author made the main villain too op so they had to bs their way to the finish line
Wait it's actually done now? I should buy it at some point. I got pretty caught up at some point then it hit a hiatus and I dropped it. Can't be anywhere as bad as the anime ending, which was horrible.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wait it's actually done now? I should buy it at some point. I got pretty caught up at some point then it hit a hiatus and I dropped it. Can't be anywhere as bad as the anime ending, which was horrible.

The manga ending is way better than what we got in the anime but still disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom