• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

*Guitar riff*

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You guys should just stop watching Tokyo Ghoul, tbh.

It's basically Pierrot writing shitty fanfic, 'cause that's is the point where the anime totally breaks from the manga.

It also makes for a decent hatewatch, which we like to do as well. It is very telling that pretty much everybody just stopped watching Gundam Unicorn and its endless boring of thier own accord.

Grexeno

I would say yes i only watch the first two episodes and it's the only lupin i've seen and i would say like the typical anime on toonami it's the kinda show that would appeal to the casuals.

Code:
[img]https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/4/42/Jojomonokuma.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140218102042[/img][img]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/26/1403975813-monokuma.jpg[/img]
abf.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wouldn't mind going, but I don't know if I could afford the flight + accommodations, let alone figuring out how to take time off work. Same issues I have with wanting to go to E3 (though I'm waiting for them to figure out how to handle the increased crowds since my fears were confirmed this year that the increased attendance made it harder to get around + play games).

One of these days, I should see if my friend & I can attend a local convention, but those are harder to find in Michigan, especially with our work schedules & night shift.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One of my fears is I travel to some kind of convention & somehow spend more on travel or lodging, then havng to figure out how to bring the stuff I bought back with me.

zulux21

Don't go to cons unless you want to buy a ton of stuff.

I rarely ever buy much from cons. in general the ones I end up at don't have great prices. tend to be able to get stuff cheaper from any given amazon or rightstuf sale thus I don't buy much.

I think the most I have spent is $50 last year because one of the board game shops were selling some games I was interested in at really cheap prices for the first time in 5 years lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd like to go one day, but I have no idea what obligations I'll have a year from now.
I have this issue as well, because there are some weeks where we can't request time off because it just gets too busy due to big movies coming out (i.e. Star Wars in Dec.) & summer is when things pick up due to blockbuster films & kids being out of school, plus Pixar seems to love to release films the Friday after E3. & night crew doesn't have as many employees that can help cover.

My best friend really wants me to go since it's been a dream of ours for so many years, but I have to keep my expectations in check & understand that it could still take a few years to save the money up, be able to take all that time off, & such. Even worse, we can't go together since my friend couldn't afford it & even if he could, we both can't take time off at the same time because there isn't enough employees to help cover for our days off.

bigkrev

Don't go to cons unless you want to buy a ton of stuff.

I'd mainly be going for the Artist Alley and meetin internet friends who make me super jealous by posting fun pics from the event
One of my fears is I travel to some kind of convention & somehow spend more on travel or lodging, then havng to figure out how to bring the stuff I bought back with me.

That's why you bring a spare suitcase!

Also don't go unless you have more sick/vacation time for after the con because you will get Spanish Fever or some shit

My immune system game is 💪

Line_HTX

I love how there's a progressively LOUDER rumbling effect at the Forest of Giant Trees when he's told to stop and drop the pretense that he's a soldier.

Jarate

Banned
I wish I watched more anime on my computer so I could make more gifs

Not that I've had time to watch anything ;-;

The good news is that I have over $3k saved and I've lost 20 lbs doing pizza delivery. I've just been super stressed out and been getting worked half to death!

I have this issue as well, because there are some weeks where we can't request time off because it just gets too busy due to big movies coming out (i.e. Star Wars in Dec.) & summer is when things pick up due to blockbuster films & kids being out of school, plus Pixar seems to love to release films the Friday after E3. & night crew doesn't have as many employees that can help cover.

My best friend really wants me to go since it's been a dream of ours for so many years, but I have to keep my expectations in check & understand that it could still take a few years to save the money up, be able to take all that time off, & such. Even worse, we can't go together since my friend couldn't afford it & even if he could, we both can't take time off at the same time because there isn't enough employees to help cover for our days off.

If AX is a no-go, maybe Otakon or A-Kon might be good alternatives, with the former being in June and latter being in August.
Anime Expo is the biggest anime convention, but there's plenty of smaller cons and local cons that can be just as fun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I will still say that Unicorn is better than Tokyo Ghoul. You guys are just old types weighed down by earth's gravity.
The thing is that they're different kinds of bad.

Unicorn is more competent, but good lord is it BORING AS HELL, which you could argue is the worst kind of bad because there's nothing to take from something that's boring. There's only so much technobabble you can take before it just becomes white noise.

Tokyo Ghoul is at least intriguing in how bad it is & just hilarious at its attempts of being edgy, which makes for a more interesting group watch because there's just a lot more to comment on what it's doing wrong.

If AX is a no-go, maybe Otakon or A-Kon might be good alternatives, with the former being in June and latter being in August.
Anime Expo is the biggest anime convention, but there's plenty of smaller cons and local cons that can be just as fun.
I'll have to look more into those. A-Kon sounds more plausible since August is when things are starting to wind down due to kids going back to school soon, college starting again, & there's not as many big films premiering.

Watching some Batman Beyond.

Willie_Watt.jpg

Man, Willie gets a rough deal.

Granted, not as bad as that one off villain who straight up falls through the center of the Earth.

The thing is that they're different kinds of bad.

Unicorn is more competent, but good lord is it BORING AS HELL, which you could argue is the worst kind of bad because there's nothing to take from something that's boring. There's only so much technobabble you can take before it just becomes white noise.

Tokyo Ghoul is at least intriguing in how bad it is & just hilarious at its attempts of being edgy, which makes for a more interesting group watch because there's just a lot more to comment on what it's doing wrong.
I think Unicorn works better as a solo watch if you actually grew up with the subject matter. I have seen so much UC Gundam that I was fine with it. It drags at times and fuck the ending but I do like the bulk of it. Tokyo Ghoul is well, it started fine, but by ep 10 it got stupid as fuck. The meat of the story has potential, but the skeleton of it is just not sturdy.
Watching some Batman Beyond.

Willie_Watt.jpg

Man, Willie gets a rough deal.

Granted, not as bad as that one off villain who straight up falls through the center of the Earth.
Batman Beyond legit had some dark ass endings.

caliph95

With whose kids though? That's actually a pretty funny easter egg.
Idk all we know she has twin jokerz grandaughters and i think she's raising them so her kids are dead i guess.

Also Dick grayson hates bruce because remember the best scene in KJ and runs i think a gymnast school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom