• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Can i just say that catwoman is an underutilized character and should be in batman shows far more often....
batcat 4life

Morlas

Toonami needs more 60s Spiderman

spider-meme-20.jpg

BBboy20

Lesson here from Netflix's Castlevania: only approve an adaption if a bunch of highly talented artists who REALLY want to make one. Because I have a feeling an legendary comic book writer is the key reason for it working too damn well.

Also: I think this 4 episode season already made the franchise more relevant then the entire Lords of Shadows franchise.

Morlas

I'll be the roundabout.....

Also guys i got a question for ya, if you could bring back any show from the new era of toonami to do a full rerun which one would it be? i feel like it'd be cheating for me to choose space dandy or gurren lagann so i'll go with soul eater.

Xe4

Banned

Also guys i got a question for ya, if you could bring back any show from the new era of toonami to do a full rerun which one would it be? i feel like it'd be cheating for me to choose space dandy or gurren lagann so i'll go with soul eater.

Probably something like Eureka Seven or Michiko & Hatchin because I've seen neither, want to watch both, but they're kind of low on my list of priority shows. A Toonami run would give me that drive to watch them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Black Lagoon, easily. I REALLY wish I could get that LE with the bonus stuff, but seems the price has jumped a lot & it's out of my price range now.

It might be cheating a bit since it only was part of Toonami when it was about halfway through its 2nd rerun, but I would really like to group watch FMA Brotherhood with you guys.

cntr

Banned
Did you know that the Japanese live-action Spiderman (the one with the leopard mecha), helped inspire Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Super Sentai (and thus Power Rangers)?

That means Spiderman was responsible for tokusatsu.

BBboy20

Did you know that the Japanese live-action Spiderman (the one with the leopard mecha), helped inspire Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Super Sentai (and thus Power Rangers)?

Wait, that was made before that genre existed?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

That's not quite right.
Ultraman, Kamen Rider and the first two seasons of Super Sentai came before Japanese Spider-Man.
The giant robot idea was then brought into the third season of Super Sentai, which was originally intended to be an adaptation of Captain America.
So it's more that Japanese Spider-Man was responsible for the Megazord.

BatDan

*watches Rebel Taxi's video on Digimon*
Wooof, the music really is worse than I remember. The first three seasons could really benefit from a new dub. You can keep the original voices, but stay truer to the script and keep the original music. If Adventure Tri can keep Braveheart...

BatDan

Too bad Super Saiyan Colonel can't compete with Popeye's the God of Destruction (and Chicken)

Jarate

Banned
S6J2N7l.png

I, RONALD MCDONALD, AND MY STAND, 「BIGGU MACU」, WILL ASSUREDLY DEFEAT COLONEL SANDERS, AND HIS STAND 「FINGERU LICKIN GOODU」!!!!

RAN RAN RURURURURURURURURURURURU

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom