• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Studio Pierrot deceptively highly promoted his new redesign, so people took that to mean he was going to have a major role. :p
I don't follow the day to day machinations of Naruto, I just marathoned it. It was essentially a done franchise by the time I even got to it. Manga I do believe was done, but the anime took forever to catch up. I believe that movie was either out or just coming out when I first started it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I could not believe how long they milked the Naruto anime's ending. It was rather insulting to anyone who was still a fan by that point.

HStallion

The amazing thing is there multiple points where they could have stopped the filler shit and they're were like,"NOPE! There's more!"

Helps a little that they gave it some time before starting to adapt it. Yet, they still did go at a rushed pace throughout the Soul Society arc, I hear

Moaradin

To be fair, they adapted the ending on October 13, 2016. The last 21 episodes are all (pretty good) post series filler arcs. Still 2 years after the manga ending lol

Have no idea how this is the same studio that is doing such a good job on the Boruto anime.

HStallion

To be fair, they adapted the ending on October 13, 2016. The last 21 episodes are all (pretty good) post series filler arcs. Still 2 years after the manga ending lol

Have no idea how this is the same studio that is doing such a good job on the Boruto anime.

Give it time.

I just want Naruto Gaiden, but I really should start Boruto at some point.
I could not believe how long they milked the Naruto anime's ending. It was rather insulting to anyone who was still a fan by that point.
I got to the ending of Naruto before Pierrot did and I was extremely late to that show too. Didn't start it till late 2015, early 2016.

cntr

Banned
Man, I remember when Naruto Gaiden happened. Or more specifically, when that happened.

That was something else.

Man, I remember when Naruto Gaiden happened. Or more specifically, when that happened.

That was something else.

I almost want to say that the meltdown that resulted exceeded the Naruto/Sakura ship getting shot down. I almost wish Kishimoto went all the way with the trollage. :p

HStallion

So Tiger Mask W is pretty good. Its interesting how restrained it is with the wrestling so far. Though Ms. X's tits are huge to ridiculous proportions.

cntr

Banned
I almost want to say that the meltdown that resulted exceeded the Naruto/Sakura ship getting shot down. I almost wish Kishimoto went all the way with the trollage. :p
And that was one of the last things Kishimoto ever did for Naruto, wasn't it?

I think the very last one was about Naruto's daughter screwing up his Hokage inauguration, which was actually kind of cute.

And that was one of the last things Kishimoto ever did for Naruto, wasn't it?

I think the very last one was about Naruto's daughter screwing up his Hokage inauguration, which was actually kind of cute.

Yep.

The Gaiden was actually his last big hurrah, and it was actually a really nice read. And I think that one-shot was included in the home video release for the Last Shippuden movie IIRC.

Man, imagine Toei trying to make a sequel to One Piece.

Thank god Oda would say "fuck no" to that.

I'm positive he wouldn't.

Make no mistake, unless One Piece drops to Bleach levels of irrelevance by the end of its run, you can bet your ass they will get some former assistant to write a sequel manga while they produce an anime.

cntr

Banned
...bleh.

I'm just really hoping it doesn't happen, because that's just gross. You can't extend One Piece's world like you can Naruto or Dragonball without screwing it up.

Maybe spin-offs or movies or something? That'd probably still be bad, but not as bad.

...bleh.

I'm just really hoping it doesn't happen, because that's just gross. You can't extend One Piece's world like you can Naruto or Dragonball without screwing it up.

Maybe spin-offs or movies or something? That'd probably still be bad, but not as bad.

I mean, just do a time skip after Luffy became the pirate king and died and how he influenced a new generation of Pirates.

It's creatively bankrupt, but it writes itself. :p

For some works, there's nothing really inherent to the story that makes a continuation appealing.

Theoretically, Goku and pals can fight alien robot gods from now to eternity, because people like to watch them do that.

Naruto is popular, so they took the inch that Kishimoto gave them with a "here's everyone's babies!" ending and made it into a mile (or more like...a yardstick maybe).

Maybe if Oda went full Tomino and had the strawhats die at the end, then maybe. But that's unlikely.

Moaradin

Well, FMA never got a sequel. And the guy who did Assassination Classroom just went "Nah, the story's done."
Assassination Classroom has a spin-off anime already. They might not make a full blown sequel of One Piece, but you can bet your ass that they won't let the franchise rest when it's done.

cntr

Banned
Assassination Classroom has a spin-off anime already. They might not make a full blown sequel of One Piece, but you can bet your ass that they won't let the franchise rest when it's done.
Spin-offs are ok, I guess.

Edit: Wait, the Assassination Classroom spin-off is one of those "fantasy AU" things. Yeah, whatever, those don't matter.

cntr

Banned
That'd be cute.

You know, where are they going to fit in the last chapter? Or are they just going to not adapt it?

cntr

Banned
a ten-year long arc where it turns out that you need to go find the eight One Piece shards after buying the eight One Piece charts and sailing around the world and getting them from the bottom of the ocean, and only then can you complete the One Piece

cntr

Banned
I don't think One Piece should get a direct sequel, but if they could get Oda to check it, spin-offs covering the bits of the world or characters we don't know enough about would be cool.

cntr

Banned
Always thought it was kind of weird Roger had so many random generic people on his crew, but the Strawhats are pretty restricted. I mean that makes sense, but you'd think Oda would've made Roger similar.

Then again, there's the new fleet.

Prequels in the One Piece world would be more interesting than a sequel since the lore is pretty vast and there are like dozens of old characters that have their best moments mentioned but never shown.

Always thought it was kind of weird Roger had so many random generic people on his crew, but the Strawhats are pretty restricted. I mean that makes sense, but you'd think Oda would've made Roger similar.

Then again, there's the new fleet.

I kinda guess it as "Oda didn't really want to draw "fodder strawhat characters" so he just regulated the "main" crew to 10

cntr

Banned
I kinda guess it as "Oda didn't really want to draw "fodder strawhat characters" so he just regulated the "main" crew to 10
Yeah, and the dynamic would've been pretty different if random people just joined the crew whenever Luffy needed some. (...though now that I think about it, that might've been fun. Hmm.)

Though it's not like they need them, the Strawhats don't do that many pirate things.

Ray Down

Banned
Man, imagine Toei trying to make a sequel to One Piece.

Thank god Oda would say "fuck no" to that.

Thank fuck for Oda.

At most he will give Toei idea for movies, but then again he really shouldn't be doing that after his past expeirences.

Ray Down

Banned
Well, isn't that why he writes them now?

What I meant by that is that he really doesn't and shouldn;t be involved with them until he's done with the series.

He got really sick working Film Z and he wore never to do it again after that...only to apprently work more on Gold and got really tired doing that.

Oda says he's fine working on OP manga, but he he gets involved with other project he gets really tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom