• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I just watched Hunter x Hunter, you can do plenty of ass kicking down an arm and a leg

TQeQe9o.gif

The two most epic responses in the history of Toonami.

daveo42

Banned
zlCfzR_qGVgEY0ZCBa

zlCfzR_q3gQpndhP0z
zlCfzR_rQMcNFlNRiF

zlCfzR_rwuI10GT1Gm
zlCfzR_sHqoAqStPx3

zlCfzR_sZ1I0xUb82M
zlCfzR_szpUCgwkEvh

zlCfzR_tMJgzYrHLUH
zlCfzR_tieUdN2HPwW

zlCfzR_t4WUIHmDnyN
zlCfzR_uSPcAron9hv

zlCfzR_uziMZaqH5Zb
zlCfzR_u_lIg8zyLqJ

zlCfzR_vRVYFnQ06O7

LATER.
FINISH!

Another great dump! Mario Kart actually helped to power through last night, especially during Batman. Have absolutely no clue what happened there, but that half hour went by really fast.

From what I did see last night:

One Piece
Still moving along, but not much at all actually happened other than the intro to the massive wave, people yelling, people being dumb, and recaps. At least it was somewhat entertaining.

Blue Exorcist
Holy shit an episode where things actually happen and the story moves forward in a meaningful way. I think they fit in that 5min recap at the beginning just to avoid putting too much actual plot (not boobs) into this episode. Just think if every episode had a quarter of the actual substance found in this one single episode. BE might actually be watchable outside of the pandering.

Black Lagoon
Fantastic intro to Chang and his crew along with one of the more ideological characters i the series. Those accents though...including Chinglish. Oh man.

Beware the Batman
Fuck blue turtle shells.

Naruto
Rock Lee bodies both Naruto and the Sauce, but misses out on love with Sakura. It's probably for the best.

FMA: B
I love LIng and his crew. Some of the best peeps of the show.

Samurai Jack
I remember this episode, but damn that was some really hardcore action and scenes with all the robot death and violence. Simply brutal and any robot watching would be legit shook by the carnage. I know I was.

Attack on Titan's plot twists, like many animu and JRPG's, are foreshadowed and easy to figure out. Still, try to act surprised in the next few episodes.

Except for the flashback where Little Eren stabs two guys to death and feels no remorse whatsoever, you might not see that coming.

789shadow

Banned
Attack on Titan's plot twists, like many animu and JRPG's, are foreshadowed and easy to figure out. Still, try to act surprised in the next few episodes.

Except for the flashback where Little Eren stabs two guys to death and feels no remorse whatsoever, you might not see that coming.
I wouldn't. Those guys had it coming.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm officially dropping actually following Attack on Titan. Gave it a chance, but just not my cup of tea, to be honest.

Hopefully next week I'll be here from the beginning instead of hopping in halfway through Space Dandy.

bigkrev

I'm officially dropping actually following Attack on Titan. Gave it a chance, but just not my cup of tea, to be honest.

Hopefully next week I'll be here from the beginning instead of hopping in halfway through Space Dandy.

Spoilers
social life is a good thing

Takashi

Afternoon all. Lol I just realized the first pic is Pixis. I thought it was Bradley at first with the "sloth" and that I was missing some reference. The toonami karting stuff was top percentage though. Very creative!

Attack on Titan
Eren dies. Series becomes Angel Beats. I was actually legit shook when I first saw that happen, mostly because of the shattering of the main character immunity trope just 5 eps in.

Bleach
Orihime keeps growing, annoying girl, perverted water bending, annoying girl, everything has a soul, we don't like our powers, annoying girl. I had no clue what that guy was talking about when he was explaining the heartless powers or whatever. Someone is going to have to give me some cliffs notes on that.

Space Dandy
Pretty good first half, weaker second half. The antics with the space fleas were funny, but it seems like all the fuss with the dog is pointless since she's forgotten about.

Shippuden
Naruto continues to be a loud annoying little shit. Kakashi not doing anything to stop him shows how little fucks he gives about the situation, clearly a metaphor for the viewers. Sakura tries to diffuse the tension with some comic relief by vowing to never be dead weight. But at least stuff actually happens!
for 2 or 3 minutes

One Piece
Padding and loud noises. I do give credit on the Franky and Iceburg flashback, that was a good little moment. It's little insights like those that compel me to keep watching.

Blue Exorcist
Plot progresses! Shura proves no part of her body is exempt from hiding swords. Rin unleashes the beast on his half brother in what's actually a very cool fight scene. I know the anime diverges soon, but my expectations are at "as long as it's better than soul eater's ending", so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Black Lagoon
The Revy shots are real. I am loving this show. The action, the Revy, the dialogue- it's just fun. It feels like Toonami hits the climax with this show, especially with the sharp contrast of Batman.

Naruto
Theme of "hard work vs innate talent" gets introduced. It has very high potential, but unfortunately it gets forgotten, like many other things in the series.

FMAB
Even in its early stages, it's such a great show. There's no need to build up a cliffhanger for a fight the next episode. The action is just always there. The fights just.. happen; it all flows nicely.

BL = AoT > BE > Dandy > FMAB > Bleach > Naruto > OP > Shippuden

I want Irregular At Magic High School to be dubbed and air on Toonami so I can use my new favorite image in context

For those who haven't watched it, this is the little sister of the MC, who from the first seen of the first episode has wanted only one thing from her Onii-chan, and has gone into a jealous rage when other girls even look at him causing her powers to over flow.

SykoTech

1. I'd be pretty pissed with that one
2. He was kinda chomped, I'm pretty sure he's in pieces
3. Guaranteed :/

I'll throw out some speculation...

-He busts out through the titan's chest fully repaired, because he heals inside the stomach of the titan for REASONS
-After the battle, they find him miraculously unharmed in the middle of the field unconcious, and we get a story arc trying to find out why it happened (divine intervention?)
-He possess the Titan somehow like a ghost? He obviously wouldn't get his body back, but humanity has a bearded ass santa looking Titan on it's side?
-That wasn't actually Eren, it was Nere, his identical twin brother who switched places with him right before the battle
-Misaka goes nuts, KILLS ALL THE TITANS, finds the pieces of Eren, and they reconstruct him

I'm guessing option 1 or 2 is the most likely, or something to that effect, and we get some time spent explaining how he survived.

My guess is that either Mikasa will cut him out or Eren will burst out himself using sheer shonen determination and a little plot armour.

I'm kind of glad he got his ass kicked so quickly, without having killed a single Titan. Obviously, this won't stop him from pursuing his "destroy all Titans" dream, but maybe it'll give him a nice wake up call that he can't just charge in like an idiot.

Losing a leg probably isn't a big deal since they spend most of their time swinging in the air rather than being on foot. Losing an arm though...guess Armin could always pick that up for him!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think I'm going to have to finish the second half of AoT on crunchyroll before Toonami gets remotely near those episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom