• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

tumblr_my34v6lCwo1r3k4jlo1_500.jpg

I can't find the picture I took a few months ago of the entire anime section being adult titles :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't know what I expected but a casual search of Legit Shook Naruto on google gives pretty much all of my pictures from my project this year.

Titan reactions were enjoyable:

This is what I wanna see, whiny bitches and people in shock, comeback.

Eren is pretty unreasonable about this. Titans are legitmately scary.

When all else fails, make your point with a headbutt!

why he yellin at bae though

Eren used Resolve Headbutt.

Eren solves all his problems with headbutts. Remember when he headbutted that Titan cat.

Attack its weak spot for massive damage!

LET THE BLOOD RUN THROUGH THE SKIES LIKE RAIN HAHA :D

im fine i swear

Well shit just went so fucking south.

Nom nom nom.

They talk a big game.
Let's see them-- OHSHITTITANAMBUSHOHMYGOD!

I THINK ONE OF THEM GOT ME.

And dead!

Jeez, caught in the mouth.

Snack time.

Damn that answered quite a few questions for me about titans. They're ruthless.

That sucks dude. Damn.

R.I.P what's his name

Holy shit

Shook on Titan: Legitimate Boogaloo

Edit: Eren got fucked

Eren you FUCKED UP!

Stay free, Eren.

CHOMP. These guys getting are wrecked.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Kawaii girl taken down by Kawaii Titan

how poetic

HE JUST LOST HIS GODDAMN LEG!

Nice work, good effort.

MAH LEG!
Mah leg...

Hello Kawaii Titan.

Hell, they getting wrecked as shit.

All your friends are dead, Eren.

dat scream

Welp, that all went to hell pretty quick.

Did.... did everyone just die?

What made Shrek 1 amazing is why Shrek 2 is blah, Shrek 1 tells a simple story but turns it on it's head. The story is familiar (hero saves sleeping princess from dragon to save the kingdom) but twisted in a way to make it original and fun (prince is an ass hole, princess really didn't need saving, ogre has to save the kingdom, etc). The story isn't really about Shrek he's just the guy accidentally cast to play the hero, tie in a bit of that fairy tail happy ending charm about being beautiful on the inside and BAM instant classic. There is both a clear love for the disney esque fairy tail stories and a jaded desire to take the piss out of it that can be very difficult for parody films to find and Shrek hits it perfectly.

Shrek 2 by contrast has a more bloated plot that focuses on Shrek himself and loses sight of what made the original so great. The film loses that fine balance of respect and jadedness and swings waaaaaaay to hard towards being jaded at the disney esque fairy tails. The story adds way too many characters that largely don't work and the humor is a lot more miss then hit. Instead of the story being a simple fairy tail with role reversal it tries to be a character driven story about Shrek as a character instead of shrek as the guy cast by mistake in the role of the hero.

There are some great moments in Shrek 2, 3, and 4 that if you could take out all unfunny jadedness and bloated story could have made for an excellent follow up to the original.

Amikami

Banned
But how was Puss in Boots?

image.php

Puss in Boots was alright. I actually think Puss n Boots character is best in Shrek 2 and I like his introduction. All the characters are better in shrek 2 though.

Whats with the tomato and bird thing?

It's purple pikmin from the pikmin series, which is of course the best pikmin. When I was getting prepared for pikmin 3 launch, I had purple pikmin and the tomato edited in by some nice fellow in the avatar request thread. I liked it in there so never went back to the old avatar.

Speaking of cats and pikmin, this is one of my favorite artworks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No rankings, only quick takes:

Toonami Kart: Is fantastic. You should tweet it to Toonami.

AoT: This show is amazing and awful at the same time. Amazeful. Awfing.
Bleach: A really great little exposition episode. Everything has a soul, sounds fine.
Space Dandy: Great episode, first part is stronger but second part has the great bit with QT.
Naruto Shippuden: Sasori, my man. Love the Mother and Father puppet and Seda is right the music in this episode is great.
One Piece: Still the best. It's the one that's in my heart. It shoots a thousand times and hits a 1000 times.
Blue Exorcist: Really quite pleasant! Nothing amazing, nothing bad.
Black Lagoon: So good. So, so good. Next week in particular stands out in my mind.
Beware the Batman: Probably the best episode of the show so far.
Naruto: I really should go back and gif this episode. Really, really should. Legit Shook the crap out of the Legit Shooks in AOT and Bleach.
FMA:B: Lingsanity.
Samurai Jack: Great episode...but it still put me into that goofy dream state during the commercial break.
Star Wars:Clone Wars: The dream state was strong in this one but I did retain most of it. Fun episode and an interesting moral dilemma.
Symbionic Titan: Pretty great episode that did not play nice with my dream haze, waking me right the fuck up.

ckohler

Attack on Titan - Every bit as epic as I hoped. Titans don't mess around. I really wish I hadn't stumbled up those two late season episodes a few months back. :/ While I don't know what is currently going to happen; I do kinda know where things sorta end up and that unfortunately removes some of the mystery. I should have taken my own advice and not gotten spoiled.

Bleach - Slow episode with lots of confusing technobabble regarding chairs having souls and whatnot. I also need it explained to me why these people don't want these amazing powers and how Ichigo getting his back will help them? I'm confused. The red haired tsundere girl was at least entertaining to watch although she was equally grating to listen to.

Space Dandy - Skipped this repeat. Alright episode, from what I remember.

Naruto: Shippuden - THREE WEEKS of completely pointless, perfectly symmetrical clone battles so boring that even Death the Kid himself would have lost interest. Naruto, Kakashi and the Clay guy continue to have "a battle" so dull that they have time to quietly ponder in great detail what they should do next. You know what? I actually feel bad for Sakura. Imagine being a female character in a series written by someone who has no idea how to make a female character competent or worthwhile in any way. She's basically given the role of "I don't want to be weak!" then continues to never grow as a character. It's sad for her.

One Piece - That was pretty hype. I liked the three factions joining forces. The Rocket Man doesn't mess around. Pretty funny at times, too. The new ED was nice. My only complaint is that we continue to have to look at that hideous, monstrous Granny. Is she a Fish-woman? Because if she's not, she's one ugly creature for reasons beyond my comprehension.

Blue Exorcist - Great episode. I liked that Rin smashed that clock/portal thing. Didn't see that coming. I look forward to the group's outcome to all of this. Yes, I agree that this series has been riding on fumes for a while but I've enjoyed it all the same. At least now it's entertaining AND the plot is moving forward. People say this goes into non-manga story here on out. For those who have seen it, does this have a better ending than Soul Eater by comparison? You can spoiler tag the answer (Yes/No/Maybe) if you like.

Black Lagoon - Continues to be a great series. I was really surprised to see Revy of all people be humble enough to admit she's not the baddest ass person in the room, especially having just faced her equal. The Engrish was pretty bad but I still chuckled. I got into anime watching Ranma 1/2 and listening to the dub Shampoo doing the same thing anyway.

Beware the BatGhostTown - To be fair, it was probably the best episode so far of what is pretty much a pointless series. I think the problem is (aside from the weak production values) is that this show can't seem to decide if it's serious or for six year olds. The way they portrayed that brilliant scientist like a child was bizarre. The one thing I did kinda enjoy was the crush he had on the assassin girl, who is the only character in the series I can stomach. The Iron Monkey was a joke.

Naruto - One of the best episodes. Lee and Guy are the best. I love whenever the Sauce gets force fed a fat slice of humble pie into his smug face. Whoever said that Sakura is really the avatar for the author showing his love of Sauske hit the nail on the head.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Great episode. I've never seen the original series so it must have been painful for fans of the manga to not have these wonderful characters appear. They are all great.

I skipped Jack but fell asleep at the beginning of Clone Wars so that's all I saw.

my early verdict on AOT is that it is amusing to watch in a morbid kinda way but its bad execution has lost my attention on actually caring about the story, characters and having any interest in why anything is happening or the way it is. I'll just enjoy seeing annoying humans eaten by the heros. Didn't pay attention through Bleach and Space Dandy. Naruto Shippuden was not great, it was a somewhat possibly interesting fight intermixed with tree canyon chase scene and boring clone fighting. One Piece was pretty good even if it was mostly more build up + flashbacks. Blue Exorcist continues to be run of the mill shonen but amusing in some elements. Black Lagoon, I'll be honest, I was skyping with my girlfriend and I kinda completely didn't pay attention to what was going on, same with BTB. Naruto...This is the *best* Naruto episode, seeing Sasuke get his shit kicked in while Sakura gets her world crushed will never not be good plus Rock Lee is indeed the best character. FMA , I went to make a sandwich during this time and that took up my whole time, I'm not a very quick food preparer. Samurai Jack was the best , omg one of the best episodes of Samurai Jack, amazing build-up,amazing fighting, ROBOT ARMS, dues ex machinas ,omg this episode.

Titan, Bleach, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon, FMA:B. and Samurai Jack were all ace last night

I missed most of Naruto but I know it's also an ace episode

Shippuden was okay, better then it's been for awhile but still not up to par

Beware the Batman was meh

SBT and Clone Wars were both

ib1afEIhd5L5CK.gif

ckohler

my early verdict on AOT is that it is amusing to watch in a morbid kinda way but its bad execution has lost my attention on actually caring about the story, characters and having any interest in why anything is happening or the way it is. I'll just enjoy seeing annoying humans eaten by the heros.

LOL. That's a pretty funny way to watch it. Those poor Titans! They just wanna snack, after all. :)

I'm going to hold out these human characters redeem themselves in some way and become more likable but I agree that so far, they haven't done much to make me like them (aside from Potato Girl who has an actual personality).

AOT is a story about the best trolls to ever enter the trolling scene. Sasha is probably the only human I'll care not to see eaten, her and maybe Mikasa.

Amikami

Banned
Top 5 best anime cats. GO!

Very tough to decide.

1. Catbus; My neighbor Totoro
2. Baron; The Cat Returns
3. Luxray; Pokemon (Always thought his design was badass.)
4. Jiji; Kiki's delivery service.
5. I don't yet.

Hmm, now I want to watch studio Ghibli films.

Seda

Nice write ups, ckohler

Very quick thoughts:

Attack on Titan: Well, I wasn't expecting Eren to get killed, although now I think I have context for spoilers I saw way back, so I have an inkling of future events I believe. Not a big deal though because I don't know how it gets to that point. I'm not sure what it is, but the dub seems more iffy than Space Dandy / One Piece / FMAB.

Bleach: Very talky episode. I don't really understand what these new guys are after exactly, but then again I had a hard time paying attention.

Space Dandy: This show is so silly and I really like that.

Shippuden: Any action that does come up in the sea of endless talking is marred by goofy animation. Still a slog but a smidgen better than a few months ago I guess.

One Piece: A really silly episode and not much happened, but I quite liked how Luffy stepped up to the plate and took charge at the end. Time to get serious, maybe?

Blue Exorcist: I've been waiting for an episode like this. The several weeks of stand-alone stories resolved in an episode were starting to fully turn me off of the show so this was appreciated. It's a bit done-before, but that's not a huge deal. Wonder if the non-manga content coming up is at all interesting.

Black Lagoon: Mr Chang is such a baller, and as ckohler said I didn't expect Revy to admit inferiority to another person when it comes to marksmanship skills. Takenaka seems like an interesting villain too, kinda non traditional in anime.

Beware the Batman: Said this last night, probably the best episode yet, but ghost town Gotham and weird awkward doctor guy are annoying. Katana is probably the most interesting character, and we seem to have the start of a longer term conflict now.

Naruto: Rock Lee is great, that is all.

Fullmetal: I'm still not too much a fan of May. Ling is great though, definitely one of my favorite characters and there are so many good ones. 'Searching for immortality' isn't the most exciting of motives but I like how it's handled, generally.

Clone Wars: I actually really liked the second half of this episode. Felt like a monster movie, and the animation/artwork was pretty great.

Symbionic Titan: Ilana is definitely the weakest character of the main three, so this episode is a little weaker on that front. Additionally, Genndy is great at setting up atmosphere and tone (next episode shows this too).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Revy has actually never been more claimed to be that good of a shot. She's ruthless and stays calm most of the time and can do some of that dual wielding cowboy shit from the action movies but she also blind fires all the times and misses stuff she probably should hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom