• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey, 3DS bros, is there any reason I shouldn't use the 11 bucks I have in my eshop account to pick up RE: Revelations on sale?

Is there anything that would be better to buy that I'm not thinking of?

LOLDSFAN

It's the definitive edition of the game so go ahead.

I got it last time it went on sale but I stopped once I got stuck at this one part. I should get back into it.

LOLDSFAN

Oh I'm not really sure but the 3DS has a higher Metacritic score (82 compared to 77). Also it was designed with a handled in mind so I'm assuming that probably doesn't translate well for consoles/PC's. I could be wrong though.

Just got back from the Smash Bros event and I'm pooped, definitely going to take a nap here soon so I can stay up for toonami tonight. It was only a 5-10 minute drive to my local best buy here in Columbus; I showed up about one hour early and was probably 100th in line. Most people had brought their 3DS's and were playing Pokemon X/Y; I ended up just chatting with a couple of guys near me about the game and E3, it was nice.

At about 15 minutes to noon they started letting people in the building in groups of 8; by this time there were probably close to 600 people in line, I'm glad I came early! It took about 45 minutes to an hour for my group to get inside, we got to play one 2 minute 4 player free for all. I picked Pit and went up against Zero Suit Samus and two Kirby's. We played on Pro controllers which was extremely awkward, I'll definitely be using the 'cube pad for this game.

Now I'm just a casual player so I can't get into the technical details, but the game feels great, not as fast as Melee but definitely quicker than Brawl. Game looks amazing in 1080P/60FPS and I had an absolute BLAST playing, ended up getting 2nd in my group to the Samus player. I even got some hands on time with the 3DS version which looks great as well, but plays very awkwardly. Maybe I'd just need to get used to the controls but it felt like there weren't enough buttons.

Here's a few pics I snapped:

photo4-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo6-1.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love Smash, I honestly do. I even got good enough at 64 and Melee to not embarrass myself competitively. There's no way though I was driving an hour or two to wait in line for a few hours to play 4.

Kinda off topic but whatever: Schadenfreude we got a date for Gravity Falls S2! August 1st.
Yay!
The rest of y'all should also check out the show.
Its awesome.

weaKwillO

Just got back from the Smash Bros event and I'm pooped, definitely going to take a nap here soon so I can stay up for toonami tonight. It was only a 5-10 minute drive to my local best buy here in Columbus; I showed up about one hour early and was probably 100th in line. Most people had brought their 3DS's and were playing Pokemon X/Y; I ended up just chatting with a couple of guys near me about the game and E3, it was nice.

At about 15 minutes to noon they started letting people in the building in groups of 8; by this time there were probably close to 600 people in line, I'm glad I came early! It took about 45 minutes to an hour for my group to get inside, we got to play one 2 minute 4 player free for all. I picked Pit and went up against Zero Suit Samus and two Kirby's. We played on Pro controllers which was extremely awkward, I'll definitely be using the 'cube pad for this game.

Now I'm just a casual player so I can't get into the technical details, but the game feels great, not as fast as Melee but definitely quicker than Brawl. Game looks amazing in 1080P/60FPS and I had an absolute BLAST playing, ended up getting 2nd in my group to the Samus player. I even got some hands on time with the 3DS version which looks great as well, but plays very awkwardly. Maybe I'd just need to get used to the controls but it felt like there weren't enough buttons.

I was planning on going to Polaris, kind of glad I didn't go now do to circumstances but glad you had fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So what happened to the Brawl threads post Japanese release has now infected the SSB 4 thread, only this time its far worse. Instead of complaining that a game they've only had a little time with is fundamentally broken now its with a months old alpha build. Also being salty that a game meant to be played with up to 4 players with an expectation of having items on has to be balanced for 2 players with no items is ridiculous to begin with and it's not even like their precious SSB:M is balanced in such a way.

There's no way I'm waking my ass up early just to drive all the way to Culver City and wait in line for several hours just to play a few minutes of smash bros.

So what happened to the Brawl threads post Japanese release has now infected the SSB 4 thread, only this time its far worse. Instead of complaining that a game they've only had a little time with is fundamentally broken now its with a months old alpha build. Also being salty that a game meant to be played with up to 4 players with an expectation of having items on has to be balanced for 2 players with no items is ridiculous to begin with and it's not even like their precious SSB:M is balanced in such a way.

Yep, also isn't melee the worst selling game in the series?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Speaking of BtB what was last weeks episode so I can watch it not asleep?

Last week was Episode 5 "Broken"
Tonight is Episode 6 "Toxic"

It's weird that Cartoon Network has yet to officially cancel it. I mean, we all know it's dead but they have yet to give the official word. Do they think it will do well on Toonami?

Raxus

It's weird that Cartoon Network has yet to officially cancel it. I mean, we all know it's dead but they have yet to give the official word. Do they think it will do well on Toonami?
Not a chance. Toonami isn't officially a part of CN anymore. I assume they are canceling it quietly since everyone knows what is up.

I still can't figure out why Toonami didn't pick up Young Justice.

Soulflarz

Banned

How bad are the views?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm rewatching the Nintendo Digital Event and I have an even bigger appreciation for it now. That plus the amazing Treehouse streams, NIntendo really knocked it out of the park this E3. Hopefully it pays off for them.

Not only that it was so good streaming the YouTube streams to the Chromecast on my HDTV. It was like a Nintendo-only, commercial-free G4/Spike. Amazing.
wAvFoG6.png

I decided rewatching brave and the bold awake was low on my list of things to catch up on from last week, so I skipped to FMA:B

Man the whole revelation to the Hughes death is so better treated in this version. It's emotionally intense without being overly dramatic. It gives a weight to a character depth that feels very real, you can feel the pain and suffering the cast is going though. Of course it doesn't stop evil from making it's move with the episode ending on a one two punch where things will continue to heat up as the homonculi make their next move.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't get the complaints about the accents, yea they weren't very accurate but they were a lot easier to understand
Irish guy's accent was actually kind of funny. The Chinese woman just makes me think games like Plumbers Don't Wear Ties or Trouble Witches Neo (a shame since the shmup is rather decent. Just glad JPN voices are intact) that have horrible voice acting.

Seda

when something sounds really fake, it gets distracting.

I thought the driver-guy was okay but the stereotypical Asian broken English was annoying.

Also, what the heck happened in Blue Exorcist last week. I don't know if it was disinterest or what but it all seems so jumbled. Rin is stuck in a crystal, they need to fix the sword so he doesnt go full-demon, so they find Bon's friend. Then there were zombie buddha statues and Mephisto's in a courtroom or something.

Might be able to watch tonight, but unsure.

Still on that business/research trip?

Also, what the heck happened in Blue Exorcist last week. I don't know if it was disinterest or what but it all seems so jumbled. Rin is stuck in a crystal, they need to fix the sword so he doesnt go full-demon, so they find Bon's friend. Then there were zombie buddha statues and Mephisto's in a courtroom or something.

Rin went berserk fighting Amaimon, whooped his ass but couldn't handle the flames. Moe blob calms him down but then he's captured by the current paladin and taken to the Vatican to stand trial now that everyone knows he's the son of satan. Mephisto is standing trial as well for knowing Rin is satan's offspring and not telling anyone, they obviously don't trust him. Everyone else is taking his sword to one of Bon's friends to get fixed.

I thought the driver-guy was okay but the stereotypical Asian broken English was annoying.

All that happened on Blue Exorcist? I really wasn't paying attention

the driver didn't sound convincing (he was passable i guess), but he never went into annoying territory like the woman did.

Last weeks Clone Wars was good, got irked when Boba wussed out at the end, and when the bounty hunters didn't shoot the pod to bits. I was honestly expecting it, or for them to be "off screened" with Anakin and Mace finding the wreckage of the pod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom