• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could you not accept it? The concept is very straight forward. And it's not like this was an ass pull out of nowhere, we had been told before that time slows down in the dangai. Nobody was able to take advantage of this sooner because of the cleaner which kept people from staying too long, but Aizen blew it up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How could you not accept it? The concept is very straight forward. And it's not like this was an ass pull out of nowhere, we had been told before that time slows down in the dangai. Nobody was able to take advantage of this sooner because of the cleaner which kept people from staying too long, but Aizen blew it up.

Yeah, that's all fine I suppose

How quick and easily Aizen went down after a decade of build. They both do their build up thing...but Ichigo is just as fast in the end!

I guess it just seemed that Aizen had another trick or two up his sleeve that he didn't bother to use as mentioned above.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Those early episodes that were more comedy-like were so much more awesome.

They're okay. I'm annoyed by the thing where Rukia erases everybody's character development by the next episode. Hopefully that doesn't last too long.

The humor is pretty good, especially the physical stuff. It's just so over the top.

Ichigo's okay. Not much to say about him at this point. Kinda generic.

I like Rukia better. She's kind of doing a lot of exposition dumps by necessity at this point, but that's okay. I also like the running joke that she can't draw for shit.

If people want to know some upcoming manga spoilers that may also help to explain why the training was able to help him so much

Bleach manga spoilers that are currently not adapted and who knows when they will be

The old man that claims to be Ichigo's sword spirit is actually part of Ywach the leader of the quincy which Ichigo inherited from his mother a half breed quincy. Hollow Ichigo is the real form of his sword spirit and his true soul reaper powers. When they merge together and Ichigo is able to over come that power, he for a moment is able to wield the combined power of a soul reaper and a quincy which is why he becomes pretty uber at that section (think sayian and human blood).

MCXC might need to correct me on a few minor details but that is the gist of what we learn in a later arc. (reread the relevant chapters from the Aizen battle).

Yeah, that's all fine I suppose

How quick and easily Aizen went down after a decade of build. They both do their build up thing...but Ichigo is just as fast in the end!

I guess it just seemed that Aizen had another trick or two up his sleeve that he didn't bother to use as mentioned above.

Oh yeah, I totally agree that the final battle with Aizen was very underwhelming. I mean, you've been chasing after this guy since Soul Society and instead of an epic battle we get Ichigo hopping into the hyperbolic time chamber and then whooping Aizen's ass in 10 minutes? It was fun to see Aizen's smug butt get absolutely wrecked but on the other hand, you can't have the main villain of the series for 200+ episodes go out so easily.

We didn't even get to see his bankai either. The whole antagonist being undone by arrogance thing has been done to death.

The old man that claims to be Ichigo's sword spirit is actually part of Ywach the leader of the quincy which Ichigo inherited from his mother a half breed quincy. Hollow Ichigo is the real form of his sword spirit and his true soul reaper powers. When they merge together and Ichigo is able to over come that power, he for a moment is able to wield the combined power of a soul reaper and a quincy which is why he becomes pretty uber at that section (think sayian and human blood).

MCXC might need to correct me on a few minor details but that is the gist of what we learn in a later arc. (reread the relevant chapters from the Aizen battle).

*BLEACH MANGA SPOILERS*

This is correct. The huge twist is that Hollow Ichigo, who we see whenever he goes into his inner-self to train, is actually his Zanpaktou and tries to protect Ichigo from Zangetsu who is a part of Ywach.

MikeMyers

Yeah I didn't like the final Aizen battle either. It kind of felt like a stomp match and ironically people do complain about Bleach pacing but I felt a big bad battle should have been longer than that.

Conversely, in Shippuden,
Orochimaru's defeat felt too anti-climatic as well. He was like the main villain for about 3 arcs, and he goes out like a chump.

Oh yeah, I totally agree that the final battle with Aizen was very underwhelming. I mean, you've been chasing after this guy since Soul Society and instead of an epic battle we get Ichigo hoppinh into the hyperbolic time chamber and then whooping Aizen's ass in 10 minutes? It was fun to see Aizen's smug butt get absolutely wrecked but on the other hand, you can't have the main villain of the series for 200+ episodes go out so easily.

We didn't even get to see his bankai either. The whole antagonist being undone by arrogance thing has been done to death.

I really don't have a problem with Aizen being outdone by arrogance and not being able to control the full power of the hogyoku, I just wish the final battle was longer. Perhaps Ichigo should have shown up earlier, fought with him a bit "not even my final form" fight more, perhaps Aizen bankai assuming (manga speculation)
Kubo deliberately didn't show it to save it for the blood war arc if he truly does bring back Aizen
and then have it end the way it did.

Really the finale of the fight was fine, it just needed a bit more of an epic scope. Ichigo does in deed fight Aizen before both power up, but by the time we get back to them fighting waaaaaaaay too much stuff has happened and it makes the two fights feel completely separate as opposed to one major battle. The manga tries to make it seem like one massive battle calling all the chapters decide one though twenty something but it doesn't eliminate the feeling that the final battle between Ichigo and Aizen is interrupted by too many other events.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I didn't like the final Aizen battle either. It kind of felt like a stomp match and ironically people do complain about Bleach pacing but I felt a big bad battle should have been longer than that.

Conversely, in Shippuden,
Orochimaru's defeat felt too anti-climatic as well. He was like the main villain for about 3 arcs, and he goes out like a chump.

I forgot about that, so yeah, there is one example of an anticlimactic Naruto fight.

I still say Kubo should have had Gin's BETRAYALTON stick and actually have him kill Aizen and take over the duty of final boss making Gin's whole reason for allying with Aizen just to manipulate him to see if the Hogyoku was safe to insert into his own body. Feel that would have fit better then having it be "I was always planning to back stab you because you're evil and I felt the best way to stop you was to get close to you".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Some of the incestuous overtones from Hansel and Gretel might get edited.

Some? Well there's also that scene
with Rock on the boat
, the one with
Balalaika at the fountain
and the
ending of the arc
. I can't imagine any of those make it through without edits.

Some? Well there's also that scene
with Rock on the boat
, the one with
Balalaika at the fountain
and the
ending of the arc
. I can't imagine any of those make it through without edits.

I might have to re-watch this arc to see which scenes will have the highest chances of being cut and edited.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So in other words, prepare some reaction gifs?

Lagoon's still blank for this Saturday :/

Either that episode needed some serious edits or Williams Street didn't get tapes yet.

Or both.
Just checked my Dish & it says episode 13 and has the title of the episode with a description of the episode, though rather vague.

tumblr_n74gqc2ND01skxq1do1_500.jpg

tumblr_n74guw8a3X1skxq1do1_500.jpg

tumblr_n74glbyMQO1skxq1do1_500.jpg

This Soul Eater fan art tho...
qMtuBDb.gif

Done re-watching the first arc in Second Barrage.

Surprisingly, there's not much that would need to be edited by Adult Swim's standards, but holy fuck ....
Episode 15.... that shit still hits hard.

Crocodile

The problem with Bleach is that like 85+% of the fights are "My dick is bigger than yours" "Nah-uh MY dick it bigger than yours" continue ad infitium :/ It's boring as hell way more often than not.

Levyne

Banned
The problem with Bleach is that like 85+% of the fights are "My dick is bigger than yours" "Nah-uh MY dick it bigger than yours" continue ad infitium :/ It's boring as hell way more often than not.

This is a surprisingly good way to put it >_>. At least during all those fights above the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom