• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSDJ0_sbXzM6Tg

zlCfzSDKSOsnBmz6sE
zlCfzSDKdmod-cAUjL

zlCfzSDKqlol2CuX9t
zlCfzSDK7J4PhJcnSL

zlCfzSDLb6cSK-3nxB
zlCfzSDLwngaHoiKaN

zlCfzSDMNlA4hIKWof

zlCfzSDMt3ASFVhMXj
zlCfzSDNAHwvJHdUcd

zlCfzSDNQAYb9qAxpb
zlCfzSDNjiYBJrC2w9

zlCfzSDNxpcoPxEEAa
zlCfzSDOAIY2N-Go3C

zlCfzSDOUBo3R8i_Ax
zlCfzSDOlJQuqfxoID

LATER.

SykoTech

Okay so, last night's Attack on Titan. Pretty damn obvious that's Eren. And I don't really like this twist at all if so. The theme of humans overcoming possible odds to defeat titans seems to be cheapened by giving the protag the powers of the monsters. I'll keep watching as it's still early, but I really hope the military/human angle doesn't get overshadowed in favor of seeing monsters flailing about.

On the plus side, Mikasa's been pretty awesome for the past couple of episodes. Kinda wish the series had been about her rather of boy-who-fails-as-a-soldier-and-gets-titan-superpowers-to-be-useful-instead.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Goooood morning everyone. Crazy night.

Attack on Titan
This is the point where the tone of the series shifts a bit. I won't say how (yet) but it should be fairly noticeable.
I will say, the Rogue Titan appearing was both awesome in the manga and anime.

Bleach
Ichigo's Bizarre Adventure. This is clearly the work of an enemy Stand! Or possibly Rohan Kishibe
Seriously, the Fullbring are so much like Stands it's not even funny.

Shippuden
... This was one of the worst episodes of any animated cartoon I have ever seen in my life. The animation was absolutely hideous, I am stunned that Pierrot allowed that to air. Were quality standards dead back in 2007?
Not to mention NOTHING HAPPENED AGAIN. Good lord.

One Piece
Oh the wind carries my name, from Sniper Island far away...
If you fell asleep before this, shame on you.
Oh and we saw Nami get an upgrade to her weapon, as well one of the "top-tier of weird" characters in One Piece (which says a lot).

Blue Exorcist
A weird mixing of canon and filler. The training scene was in the manga (including the part where he burns off their clothes), but everything else wasn't. Yeah.... My interest is dropping so fast.

Black Lagoon
I do not like creepy twins. It doesn't help that I've been watching Gaoranger, and Episode 9 featured a pair of them (thankfully they were just GaoBear and GaoPolar assuming human form). Still... I don't like creepy twins.

Beware the Batman
EVERYONE IS STUPID! EVERYONE DOESN'T CARE WHEN YOU THROW OUT YOUR BRAIN! EVERYONE IS STUPID! WHO WROTE THIS SHIT?
I like Metamorpho in the comics and the other animated series, but this was just bad. He was more like the Hulk here...
And it seems the theme of that episode was "bitches can't be trusted".

I still want Adult Swim to air Space Dandy 10 on July 8th multiple times. Ultimate troll.

Okay so, last night's Attack on Titan. Pretty damn obvious that's Eren. And I don't really like this twist at all if so. The theme of humans overcoming possible odds to defeat titans seems to be cheapened by giving the protag the powers of the monsters. I'll keep watching as it's still early, but I really hope the military/human angle doesn't get overshadowed in favor of seeing monsters flailing about.

On the plus side, Mikasa's been pretty awesome for the past couple of episodes. Kinda wish the series had been about her rather of boy-who-fails-as-a-soldier-and-gets-titan-superpowers-to-be-useful-instead.

Those of us who are farther ahead do have more to say on this, but I do generally agree that this is the point where a lot of the excitement for titan crashes for a bit before slowly picking up as more of the worlds mysteries become apparent.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahaha, love the reference to Akiba's Trip in the sketch dump.

Blue Exorcist
A weird mixing of canon and filler. The training scene was in the manga (including the part where he burns off their clothes), but everything else wasn't. Yeah.... My interest is dropping so fast.
I must look this up in order to see if your facts are indeed true....not to mention it would help to know which chapter contains the scene in question.

Sketch dump is amazing as always sab lol I don't mind the minimal approach due to you being tired I'm surprised you stayed up all night. Props to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom