• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

If you're going to be that strict then everyone is a failure besides Goku then.

Well, no one else was put in the role of "Okay I'll make them the main characters, fans aren't buying into it? Eh, bring back Goku"

But okay, everyone got what they wanted in the end.

Except Vegeta, because GT, Battle of Gods, and the new Kanzenben ending show hat he still wants to surpass Goku and is failing at it/ That kind of bugs me, he was meant to be over it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well, no one else was put in the role of "Okay I'll make them the main characters, fans aren't buying into it? Eh, bring back Goku"

But okay, everyone got what they wanted in the end.

Except Vegeta, because GT, Battle of Gods, and the new Kanzenben ending show hat he still wants to surpass Goku and is failing at it

I know, it's great!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It was nice to see how many appreciated Sheimmel Goku (and even JP VA!) as solid father-figures. I think most DBZ uber-fans see that Goku is one of the best Shonen dads around, because he believes in his son enough to let him fight, but yet can be really caring and kind when the situation calls for it. He seems much better tempered than the usual "disappeared when my child needed me, died hoping he'd be a great man!" type most shonen throw at you.

I always though Chichi was a refreshing change of pace from most anime moms. They're usually just window dressing, who defer much of their power to their husbands, in that classic "wait until your father gets home!" manner. Yet they kinda depend on the heavy love sons have for their mothers to fill in for lack of action, when the husband is not around.

But Chichi fought against the Saiyan blood born bloodlust with just as savage a desire to see her son become a scholar. I feel like it's pretty fitting, really. No normal, dialed-back, reserved Japanese mother would be able to stand up to a son who could punch a planet out of existence.

I actually wish more battle manga's had warrior mothers. Growing shonen fans should be able to appreciate a character their age that still has the potential to be an awesome hero.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
GOOD NEWS: Death Note is back on Netflix.

BETTER NEWS: This time DUB Note is included. One of the very best Ocean Dubs (behind Black Lagoon but ahead of Inuyasha) Watch it! It'll make Attack on Titan even funnier if you've never seen Death Note before.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Netflix has been making a slow but steady push to get ultra popular anime back on the service after taking a few years off.

In the past few months they have added Madoka, Kill la Kill, Death Note (now with DUB Note), Blue Exorcist.

Hughes is an okay dad, but we all know who the best anime father is.

1352524608693.jpg

amizade.gif

Oh, the wind carries my name

from Sniper Island far away.

When I take aim, it is straight and true,

lu lu la la lu.

Whether you're a man or a mouse:

Lock on!

I will put your heart in my sights,

LOCK ON!

No one knows what secrets hide

behind this mask and my cape.

Lu lu lu lu lu la la!

There is no escape!

(sniper king sniper pa pa)

Sniper King aims true!

tumblr_m9q94qkHzv1rcf543o6_500.gif

Gorillaz

I'm actually surprised Netflix has been pushing hard for popular anime that's coming out "fresh". At least subbed ones. AoT and KLK got up their quick as hell.

ckohler

Gifcam or something else?

Also, a nice script to make webms too, if people want. But requires the video file.

I have a Mac so I use Quicktime to screen capture and then use GifBrewery to make the GIF. It's the only good GIF app I've found. The rest are garbage.

I could use a better WebM generator. The best I've found is EasyHTML5Video.

Levyne

Banned
I have a Mac so I use Quicktime to screen capture and then use GifBrewery to make the GIF. It's the only good GIF app I've found. The rest are garbage.

Ah that's clever. Now that shadow play has desktop capture I could use that. Neato. Edit: Oh, gifbrewery is Mac only :<

Still surprised no one has mad a webm of that "I'm still here and you're still a bitch" from the boondocks commercial. Thats such perfect webm material

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ah that's clever. Now that shadow play has desktop capture I could use that. Neato. Edit: Oh, gifbrewery is Mac only :<

gifbrewery being mac only would be a big deal if the windows only gifcam wasn't a thousand times better.

Linux people though, well, they knew what they were getting into.

Raxus

Well, considering Usopp's lies/stories have a tendency to become true, I wouldn't be surprised.

Not really a spoiler but I wanna be cautious:
Recent chapters have cemented Usopp as my second favorite Straw Hat.

Quite a night for Toonami last night. I think every episode had some value. Even BtB circled from bad to so bad it's good.

AoT
Skipping this one until we reach the next major twist and then I will discuss it in length then.

Bleach
Gucci thinks I am hating on the series when what I watch is enjoyable it is just hard to shake how close this is to JoJo and Chapter Black. It doesn't help JoJo is airing side by side as this arc plays out.

JoJo

Menacing Toilet

Shippuden

Geometrywarscover.jpg

Space Dandy
Arguably my favorite episode. Clone Wars episode and Zombie episode both share this high spot. Next weeks episode is pretty good too.

One Piece

Lu lu lala lu. This episode zipped by. We are getting ready for the fights in the mini arc and there are some epic moments ahead. I hope everyone enjoys the ride.

Blue Exorcist

Ugh. I got whiplash from Rin's friends heelturn. Kind of ruined the episode for me. Look forward to reading the manga from this point on though.

Black Lagoon
Kind of weird to have a set up episode where the BL company sit on their ass most of the episode. I am ranking this lower simply because if the teases are any indication then the next few episodes are going to be cemented in the #1 spot

Beware the Bitchman
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The animation, "I need Batman" "I need more time", the breakup. A beautiful trainwreck of an episode.

Samurai Jack
Not bad but kind of 'eh' for a Jack episode. I liked the flashback to his parents but the episode really led nowhere and the action was decent throughout. I know the show can do much much much better though.

Clone Wars
I hope I am not alone in the sentiment that this show is getting really good. Looking forward to the season finale and beyond.

Rankings (New content only! Sorry Space Dandy)
One Piece>Black Lagoon> Clone Wars>Bleach>AoT>Samurai Jack>BtB>Blue Exorcist>Slowpudden

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll have to remember that site for games like Danganronpa that're rather easy to spoiler due to related videos.

Bleach
Gucci thinks I am hating on the series when what I watch is enjoyable it is just hard to shake how close this is to JoJo and Chapter Black. It doesn't help JoJo is airing side by side as this arc plays out.
Uh, what? When did I ever say that you are a Bleach hater? Not sure why you're making up things man. If you think my impressions post from earlier today where I said Bleach has been enjoyable this arc despite what the haters say was directed at you, you're sorely mistaken.

Edit: To comment on the second part of your post, I also see the Chapter Black similarities but as the arc goes on you'll see that there are clear differences. Although I thought it was common knowledge Bleach is heavily influenced by Yu Yu Hakusho, it has been since the start. You could even say they're the same show only one has likeable characters and proper pacing.

Raxus

Uh, what? When did I ever say that you are a Bleach hater? Not sure why you're making up things man. If you think my impressions post from earlier today where I said Bleach has been enjoyable this arc despite what the haters say was directed at you, you're sorely mistaken.

Edit: To comment on the second part of your post, I also see the Chapter Black similarities but as the arc goes on you'll see that there are clear differences. Although I thought it was common knowledge Bleach is heavily influenced by Yu Yu Hakusho, it has been since the start. You could even say they're the same show only one has likeable characters and proper pacing.

I didn't mean to put words on your mouth. I was commenting on a statement you made earlier in the thread about being too hard on the Bleach arc (which I agree with) but I wanted to shed light on where the negative mojo is going. Overall it is moving at a decent pace and as I mentioned earlier, dropping the soul society helps a ton since you have a much more intimate cast to focus on.

Seda

I think Bleach has been okay with the new arc - smaller cast, slightly more comedic tone at times.

I mean, if one wanted to 'reboot' Bleach after Arrancar Arc, (by reboot here I mean setting up the next narrative segment, not a true reboot from the beginning), this is general how I would go about it. Back to the main cast, add a few new characters to get things rolling, etc.

However, the most recent episode with the timer junk and Chad's attempt to emote about PRIDE got pretty stupid though.

Kubo has done such a poor job explaining exactly how Fullbring works. Even when he does make a half-assed attempt to show the viewer, like how he did with general Bradley last night, it ends up being highly convulted and confusing. Seriously, does anyone know how the hell his power works? I've seen this arc before and read the wiki but still can't explain it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kubo has done such a poor job explaining exactly how Fullbring works. Even when he does make a half-assed attempt to show the viewer, like how he did with general Bradley last night, it ends up being highly convulted and confusing. Seriously, does anyone know how the hell his power works? I've seen this arc before and read the wiki but still can't explain it.

No one really understands it. The explanation may as well just be wibley-wobley timey-wimey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom