• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Let's just say Tuxedo Mask like voyeurism and Goku goes SSJ with Sailor Moon. I don't remember much else other than the animation quality being really, really bad. Recommend maybe for the laughs, but that's about it.
Why do I feel like the same company who made this made that Love Hina one I've heard about?

daveo42

Banned
iZouVzGhCNpGN.gif

tumblr_mb2u71ZEx01r7kr84o1_250.gif

Why do I feel like the same company who made this made that Love Hina one I've heard about?

It's not like they'd to change much from the source material.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, that's just BEGGING to air during April Fools. "The Eva, Gundam, Dragonball Z, & Sailor Moon crossover you always wanted!".

Man, even though I don't own a WiiU yet, I've been watchIng people play MK8. It seems like a lot of fun and it looks gorgeous. What do you guys think about it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, even though I don't own a WiiU yet, I've been watchIng people play MK8. It seems like a lot of fun and it looks gorgeous. What do you guys think about it?
First impression was OMG IT LOOKS SO GORGEOUS. The 12 racers instead of 8 is handled MUCH better this time around compared to Wii & the course selection is quite good, especially stuff like Mount Wario.

Really amazing game, only blemish is the lack luster battle mode. The rules are fine but the lazy track selection gives it no last ability. Its screaming for a sphere track that's 100% anti gravity and a few other arena based levels

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really amazing game, only blemish is the lack luster battle mode. The rules are fine but the lazy track selection gives it no last ability. Its screaming for a sphere track that's 100% anti gravity and a few other arena based levels
Seriously, the removal of arenas is really the only fault with the game. One of those motorcycle sphere cages would have been PERFECT as an arena. I wonder if they felt like they couldn't come up with decent arenas making use of the anti-gravity or something (which would be silly since they could limit it to one or two stages if they felt like they couldn't do it for any more).

daveo42

Banned
First impression was OMG IT LOOKS SO GORGEOUS. The 12 racers instead of 8 is handled MUCH better this time around compared to Wii & the course selection is quite good, especially stuff like Mount Wario.

Mount Wario and Cloud Top Cruise are currently my favorite tracks. Have yet to run online though. Would probably get crushed pretty hard.

That would be the greatest ever. My NNID is the same as my user name btw if anyone wants to add me.

Seriously, the removal of arenas is really the only fault with the game. One of those motorcycle sphere cages would have been PERFECT as an arena. I wonder if they felt like they couldn't come up with decent arenas making use of the anti-gravity or something (which would be silly since they could limit it to one or two stages if they felt like they couldn't do it for any more).

my personal theory is that they rushed to get the game out. it would explain why the battle modes are just reused tracks and the character selection is kind of terrible

my personal theory is that they rushed to get the game out. it would explain why the battle modes are just reused tracks and the character selection is kind of terrible

I don't think they rushed the game, the insane level of detail shows they're priority was on the main game. The roster really isn't that bad everyone liked it until the last two characters were golden metal peach and baby rosalina which I admit were terrible last characters to show off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think they rushed the game, the insane level of detail shows they're priority was on the main game. The roster really isn't that bad everyone liked it until the last two characters were golden metal peach and baby rosalina which I admit were terrible last characters to show off.
I don't know which one is lazier. I guess Baby Rosalina was more obvious, but metal Peach just seems like a lazier cope-out (watch next time we'll get metal Luigi).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's one of two things:

1. Research from the post DD kart games reveals no one gives a shit about battle mode anymore (not no one, of course, but not a significant portion of the audience)

2. Come to think of it this is related to 1 but it could very well be DLC.

daveo42

Banned

I think they spent most of their time on getting the tracks right they they either didn't have the time to make or re-make some of the battle tracks and include anti-grav sections that they decided it was best to use the tracks they had spent a ton of time building already.

It's one of two things:

1. Research from the post DD kart games reveals no one gives a shit about battle mode anymore (not no one, of course, but not a significant portion of the audience)

2. Come to think of it this is related to 1 but it could very well be DLC.

Battle mode was always best to change things up, especially if someone in the group always lagged behind in races for one reason or another.

LOLDSFAN

It's one of two things:

I never cared about battle mode so I'm part of the problem. >:D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wii U username is username on here as well, plus it's mentioned on my profile along with my PSN & Xbox Live usernames and 3DS friend code. Try to keep it easy to remember for both me & others by keeping it consistent.

kingkitty

I tried to watch Deadman Wonderland for the first time on Hulu. The show is way too dark, as in I can't see jack shit. What's going on in ep 4? No idea! Just darkness.

When I can at least see what's going on, it seems like an interesting show.

well i mean "rushed" as in "weren't given the amount of time to work on some of the stuff outside the main game." and i think people liked the roster because they were under the impression there would be more. there's a lot of babies, a lot of koopa kids, and two palette swaps in the final product, and i believe it's that way because each new model probably takes a lot of effort (the amount of detail we see in some of the trailers is pretty awesome). i'd imagine these characters allowed them to recycle more than if they'd brought in some more variety.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Two weeks from now is going to be crazy. E3 is just an appetizer while the start of the Job Fiesta and Bleach of course being the main course.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been frantically rearranging my schedule around for Tuesday. It might involve me running an errand for my mom and one for my sister on early Tuesday but hell or highwater I'm going to be back in my office "on vacation" for the rest of the day. The joys of being self employed and having very little business this time of year!

I don't have mario kart until tuesday of e3 :< , also while I loved battle mode, I can attest to be hard pressed to find other people who were willing to play it with me a lot, which sucks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funny thing is I played a bit of MK8's battle mode Thursday night before going to bed and it really wasn't that bad.

BLEACH IN FIVE HOURS!

FgKETgW.gif

LOLDSFAN

Every year there would always be something that would hinder my ability to catch all the E3 conferences. This year there shouldn't be any distractions so I'm really excited.

MikeMyers

Okay, that's just BEGGING to air during April Fools. "The Eva, Gundam, Dragonball Z, & Sailor Moon crossover you always wanted!".

Actually, they all share a lot of VAs.

Misato (Evangelion) = Usagi (Sailor Moon)
Shinji (Evangelion) = Haruka (Sailor Moon)
Lalah Sune (Gundam) = Luna (Sailor Moon)
Videl & Pan (DBZ) = Hotaru (Sailor Moon)
Kai Shiden (Gundam) = Piccolo (DBZ) = Hawk's Eye (Sailor Moon)
Amuro Ray (Gundam) = Yamcha (DBZ) = Tuxedo Kamen (Sailor Moon)
Kycilia Zabi (Gundam) = Lunch & Arale (DBZ) = Esmeraude (Sailor Moon)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You're just being cruel now ManGod.

If you wanna see some action
Gotta be the center of attraction
Make sure that they got their eyes on you
Like a face that you see on every magazine

Be the focus of attention
Be the name that everyone must mention
Come out from the shadows it's your time
'cause tonight is the night for everyone to see

It's natural
You know that this is what you got to be
It must the your destiny
Sensational
And you believe that
This is what you've waited for and
It's you back way on the door

Baby now you feel like number one
Shining bright for everyone
Living out your fantasy
The brightest star for all to see
Now you feel like number one
The brightest star that's ever been

Feel the heat that's all around you
Slashing like the next to cease around you
Everybody wants a piece of you
You're the queen of the scene living in a dream

It's natural
You know that this is what you got to do
It must be your destiny
Sensational
And you believe that

Living out your fantasy

Living out your fantasy
The brightest star that's ever been

aaGJQWc.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So what I'm getting from all this is that Man God likes Bleach for the plot

My only gifs are from that episode because I made all of these to celebrate Gucci's birthday.

I do appreciate how the man draws everyone, men and women alike! I've got a couple of buff dude gifs I can bust out!

You're not wrong though, a little plot goes a long way.

also
Don Kanonji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom