• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I feel like I had heard of "that" before but thankfully I never had the displeasure of watching it O_O

Ewwwww

The shaving ads are pretty funny

Also if Nintendo doesn't release some character/battle mode DLC in the upcoming months, they are leaving money on the table :/

are you people being ironic with the Bleach countdown stuff?

I can't tell anymore.

That's what I'm telling myself for my own sanity :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Did the countdown start ironically?

Possibly.

Do I actually miss Bleach when it doesn't air?

Actually...yes! It's the show I most wanted to watch and talk about during the four weeks of movies in December.

Has posting about it all week actually hyped me for Bleach?

I think it has!

LOLDSFAN

So what I'm getting from all this is that Man God likes Bleach for the plot

tLd8lcy.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kuka Shiba, my hero.

I wonder what happens if I put that name into a bing search.

Not some Random anti google response nor some Microsoft shilling but Bing is the way to go whenever you have anything lewd to search for

EDIT: lots of dogs. Let's put in her full name and...oh my.

Jintor

Rukia and Orihime discussing their plot and backstory I see

If that art is official, Rukia is fucking tiny. Like four feet high or something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rukia and Orihime discussing their plot and backstory I see

If that art is official, Rukia is fucking tiny. Like four feet high or something.

Rukia is tiny in official art, there's quite a few times they are on screen at the same time. Orihime is pretty big and so are a lot of the female Soul Reapers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always like how Tatski shows up in Bleach girl artwork despite the fact she doesn't appear for like 150 episodes in a row

Tatsuki's creeper friend is basically the shiny pokémon of the series.

Gucci beat me to it. She almost never appears even in mortal world filler.

I always thought it was just that Ichigo was tall.

Ichigo is Really, really tall. Basketball player tall....well, Japanese highschool basketball player Tall. Chad being a foreigner is giganto tall.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After the timeskip Ichigo is 5'11".

Rukia must be around 4-4'2" and Chad must be around 6'2"-6'4".

Edit: Rukia is listed as 4'8.5"...I don't believe it. She's 4'2" at most.

i kinda get the impression the Soul Society arc maybe came sooner than was originally planned

I didn't feel that way at all, Uriyu showing up and summoning the hoard of hollows to challenge Ichigo is what causes the Soul Society to locate Rukia which is what starts the whole arc. In the manga that was like chapter 40 pretty well past the series being at any risk of cancellation. AFAIK the only part of the series that was influenced by the editors was the Arracar war, the Arracar were apparently really popular in Japan so they wanted him to extend it and make it bigger which of course caused it to end up being TOO big.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I didn't feel that way at all, Uriyu showing up and summoning the hoard of hollows to challenge Ichigo is what causes the Soul Society to locate Rukia which is what starts the whole arc. In the manga that was like chapter 40 pretty well past the series being at any risk of cancellation. AFAIK the only part of the series that was influenced by the editors was the Arracar war, the Arracar were apparently really popular in Japan so they wanted him to extend it and make it bigger which of course caused it to end up being TOO big.

The general impression is that Bleach was starting to flounder early on and a push to a big conflict with lots of splashy fights and such pushed the series from a more street level affair to this big grand adventure.

Basically YYH syndrome only this happened even faster. Fans have a ton of sway in Jump before works really take off. When you get to Big 3 or DBZ level the only pressure you'll get is the inclusion of certain marketable characters and even more likely a ton of force applied to get you to keep drawing no matter what.

Levyne

Banned
This thread has gone Bleach mad.

Hopefully a good set of episodes for my birthday weekend. I probably won't be able to participate for the next two weeks unless I figure out the timezone and AS has a stream.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They're probably going to play the latest episode of the Boondocks in a bit.
Warning, it is painful.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You guys are all joking and counting down to Bleach while Attack on Titan is about to get real as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom