• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Space Dandy and Persona 4 The Golden anime should be good. Terror in Resonance has potential to be great. I'll check out Sailor Moon Crystal and Tokyo Ghoul.

And I'll probably watch SAO II -_-

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hunter x Hunter Episode 135

tumblr_inline_mj9o6hbLc61qz4rgp.gif

So...beautiful.

I told you guys, I told you the ending was perfect.

Moaradin

I thought the Chimera Ant arc was the best long before it ended. It's such a god tier arc. So many great moments. Can't wait to watch today's episode later tonight.

Crocodile

I don't think I've seen Dr. Palutena post in here in a while and I know she's one of the more prolific posters. She ok or is it just a GAF break?

Raxus

Its gonna be grea-*gets shot*

*Hides smoking gun*

I might hate watch the first few episodes and see if he gets 1 or 2 new waifus and wait for the dub to laugh with everyone else. I hope we get another Rudolph the red nose reindeer moment by episode 3.

Yorknew City is superior in my opinion

That arc didn't have a really satisfactory resolution, it felt more like it just stopped then resolved. Oh arc spoilers
chrollo had his powers sealed, kurapika doesn't finish his revenge nor does he find all the eyes of his people... Okay time for greed island

Chimera Ant arc felt more cohesive and had a way better theme tying it together

LOLDSFAN

July 5th.

11:30p - Space Dandy 12 - Long Open (Attack on Titan returns July 12)
12:00a - Space Dandy 13 - Short Open (Bleach returns July 12)
12:30a - Space Dandy 14 - PREMIERE - Long Open
01:00a - Naruto Shippuden
01:30a - One Piece
02:00a - Blue Exorcist
02:30a - Black Lagoon
03:00a - Beware the Batman
03:30a - Uncut Naruto
04:00a - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
04:30a - Samurai Jack
05:00a - Star Wars: The Clone Wars
05:30a - Sym-Bionic Titan

Seda

so fucking old :p

he was answering a question

-

EDIT: Er, for those unaware, a while back they announced that the Space Dandy Season 2 premiere will be accompanied by the last two episodes of the first season, which is the schedule LOLDSFAN wrote.

That does mean we'll see episode 12 this week and next week though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I was thinking about Black Lagoon.

Is the dude in the Hawaiian shirt even a character anymore?

It feels like ages since he was relevant to anything.

Seda

So I was thinking about Black Lagoon.

Is the dude in the Hawaiian shirt even a character anymore?

It feels like ages since he was relevant to anything.

His role in the show seems to basically be just an extra voice for the occasional line when Lagoon Company is together. But otherwise, right, he hasn't really done much of anything.

Yeah and a possible reason they're doing it is so AoT and Bleach can end on the same day right?

You imply that Toonami /could/ have just replaced Bleach with #13 to follow with #14 at the normal time, but they decided to replace AoT with #12 as well, even if aired the previous week, to maintain Bleach and AoT's common end date? It's possible. They could have just skipped #13 too.

Gorillaz

Ehh Benny has his moments.

Funny enough he does have a nice hand in something coming up lol.

edit: since he doesn't like to rock the boat much, yea he's mainly a voice in certain things.

bigkrev

*looks at Summer 2014 anime chart* Man, nothing outside of Persona 4 Golden Animation & Space Dandy (which we're already getting on Toonami) that looks interesting. Guess I'll find an anime or two that I missed out on previously. Think Ping Pong is free on Funimation's YouTube. Might watch that.

....or maybe I'll re-rent Azumanga Daioh from the library & rewatch it for the 3rd year in a row like I've done the previous summers.

I'm going to keep watching HQ and HxH, give the 3(!) BL shows a month to impress me, and maybe pick something else at random, which would make this the most I'm watching in a season in a long time.

Ponn

Banned
Random question, does everyone here buy anime regularly or just watch them? Every time i go to buy anime, just like regular movies as well, I remember I have streaming service and toonami to watch anime regularly with and it kinda seems like a waste of money to buy anything. Between Crunchy Roll and Toonami I have a regular stream of anime weekly.

Seda

Random question, does everyone here buy anime regularly or just watch them? Every time i go to buy anime, just like regular movies as well, I remember I have streaming service and toonami to watch anime regularly with and it kinda seems like a waste of money to buy anything. Between Crunchy Roll and Toonami I have a regular stream of anime weekly.

I've only purchased the FMAB blu rays as I'm a fan of the series. But even then I've never watched them. Was thinking about getting Black Lagoon when it finishes airing but I dunno, it would just gather dust as well.

789shadow

Banned
The only anime I currently own are the One Piece Collections, Strong World, and Summer Wars. Although I feel like buying any JoJo Blu-Rays

I haven't purchased anime since I was in high school ~8 years ago, I generally just catch what I want to watch on tv, netflix, or other services.
This. I only watch when I find something interesting on Netflix or when it comes on Toonami. I never rewatch any TV show so buying physical copies is useless to me.

I....actually dont buy anime. The only anime thing have in my house is a DVD of the 2001 Cyborg 009 anime I bought at H-E-B because I thought it was fucking cool they had a DVD like that in 2013. Most of the anime I've ever watched were from AS, Toonami and now online streaming sites like Crunchyroll.

I usually just buy anime movies on Blu Ray, since most prices for anime series on Blu Ray is ludicrous to say the least and I find movies to be the most improved during the up-rez conversion. Watching Akira on Blu Ray is simply sublime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I very rarely buy anything on DVD/Blu-Ray period unless it's insanely cheap. I'm one of those people that watches a show or movie & is pretty much content unless it's those rare exceptions where I can't wait for a rerun to air or I can't watch on something like Crunchyroll or Funimation's site or on TV. It also doesn't help I don't really have the excess money to buy a ton of anime.

Raxus

Yeah I've never bought any anime before.

Like others have said once I watch it once, that's pretty much it.

I assume there will be a collection for Water 7 and Enies Lobby. If so I will probably purchase that. I am seriously debating getting Black Lagoon complete with the OVA's. The rest tends to be overpriced as fuuuuuck. I hope JoJo is reasonably priced...and uncensored...

Why can't more companies follow Funimation DVD pricing? Fucking weeaboos.

Only series I've bothered to re-watch are Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Yu Yu Hakusho, Pokemon Johto League, and Sword Art Online. If I've seen it once, that's usually enough for me.

I usually only watch things once, and use TV to get my fix and save money.

The exceptions being that I own one movie on Bluray that I rewatch on occasion, and intend to buy all of JoJo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom