• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Okay, so World's Finest is a DC Universe fansite or news site or whatever. They apparently were given info about Batman from 'representatives'.

Looks like this is what was 'provided'

A release schedule:
Saturday, July 5th, 2014 at 2:00am (ET/PT) on Adult Swim

Saturday, July 12th, 2014 at 2:00am (ET/PT) on Adult Swim

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 at 2:00am (ET/PT) on Adult Swim

Saturday, July 26th, 2014 at 1:30am (ET/PT) on Adult Swim

and a general description
BEWARE THE BATMAN
Saturdays at 2:00 a.m. (ET, PT)
A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogue gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans.

The 1:30 airing seems out of place. Looks like worldsfinestonline asked if that was an error but no response yet.

However, I don't see this on TV guide or other schedule sites. hmm

Soulflarz

Banned
So do people (Not us) actually enjoy the show or is this like sonic 06 and any profits for it are because we all love to laugh at how bad it is

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So do people (Not us) actually enjoy the show or is this like sonic 06 and any profits for it are because we all love to laugh at how bad it is

Does it really matter? The show is pretty much cancelled. It's not like they can save it.

daveo42

Banned
The 130am news makes no sense since they would need to ether expand the block and start at 11pm or push a show down (most likely One Piece). At this point I don't see either happening.

"The slick CG-animated series"

...for once slick is a terrible term

"All characters lack definition" is what they are saying right?

LOLDSFAN

So according to this

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...-details-for-beware-the-batman-on-adult-swim/

Beware the batman is moving to 2am moving up a whole hour

:|

iVvAjQzbEbkV2.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Okay, so World's Finest is a DC Universe fansite or news site or whatever. They apparently were given info about Batman from 'representatives'.

Looks like this is what was 'provided'

A release schedule:

and a general description

The 1:30 airing seems out of place. Looks like worldsfinestonline asked if that was an error but no response yet.

However, I don't see this on TV guide or other schedule sites. hmm

Oh man I am going to die if it gets moved up that far.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Thankfully, there will only be a handful of Black Lagoon episodes left when this happens.

Gorillaz

yea......

Staying up till 3 for lagoon? I barely could at 230. Group watch just got harder to catch, friends. Like what BatDan said at least it's the big 6 episodes instead of an entire season.

daveo42

Banned
Sounds like the first rumored lineup might be closer to the truth with the BtB <-> BL switch. Still disappointing, but that means I'll be more likely to get home in time to watch it if I go out.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of The Vampire Twins arc for this, I really do feel they put a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and they departed from watching the series and I don't blame them.

I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of The Vampire Twins arc for this, I really do feel they put a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and they departed from watching the series and I don't blame them.

I don't think that's what happened, since this move was probably planned before BtB premiered.

Gorillaz

Shard the ratings have been shit for awhile, before this twin arc, it's just the simple fact that the show isn't for everyone and it reflects in ratings

for them to move it to 3 at the last arc of the season shows me that they realize that the fanbase that watches toonami probably won't show up to watch it. Like how GitS was on after most of the shonen stuff and served as a good cooldown for the night. BL is now that cooldown show.

Seda

I don't think that's what happened, since this move was probably planned before BtB premiered.

Maybe not that early, but this previous two Black Lagoon episodes are probably way too recent to have been a major factor in this specifically. It's probably a combination of a) Batman getting about as good and sometimes better ratings than Black Lagoon from the get-go, and b) that's around the time 'unaired' episodes will begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom