• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
He can be both. :X

tumblr_lv8u3zqFBB1qix5n3o1_500.gif

LOLDSFAN

TOONAMI Q&A, SUNDAY JUNE 29 @11A
Send us your Q’s, we’ll give you an A.

Bring JoJo to Toonami.
Bring Black Lagoon back to 2:30.
Bring JoJo to Toonami.
Bring JoJo to Toonami.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Haha, I was out for a bit, came home, and noticed my 3DS tagged Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. His message was "Fist of the Nose Hair" and he had a multitude of Puzzle Swap pieces (only one more pink left until they release the next puzzle).

Whatever happened to Yoshio Sawai (creator of Bo-bobo) *checks* Oh, he's doing a Bo-bobo spin-off starring Don Patch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Black Lagoon will only be at its new time for a very short time as there won't be a ton left of the series when it moves.

Moaradin

The show already has nudity. They could just censor it like they've done. Violence won't ever be a problem for Adult Swim. The main problem is run time. The Roberta's Blood Trail OVA has longer episodes. They are all 30-35 minutes in length.

BatDan

I don't know what's in Roberta's Blood Trail, but I guarantee that it's nowhere near as bad as the average episode of Superjail. Seriously, if anyone ever says something is "too violent" for Toonami, just show them Superjail.

Gorillaz

That superjail show looked fucking crazy in previews...I'm sitting on the couch like
"....who the fuck is authorizing this shit and thinks it's an actual good idea"

I forgot the OVA for BL does run longer then normal episodes. like 35ish on average. I don't know how they would do the commercials for that unless they try to make it an hour and just fluster commercials in the show every 10ish mins.

ckohler

From what I've gathered online:

On US TV, violence is okay but nudity is forbidden.
On UK TV, nudity is okay but violence is forbidden.

Levyne

Banned
Watched AoT 6-8. Finally starting to get all the names and faces paired up. Time for Black Lagoon. I'll probably watch the Bleach episodes too.

Seda

Got a PM about --> http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=118522781 only w.r.t. ToonamiGAF as it has come up in here semi-recently.

I'm not totally accustomed with AnimeGAF (just too much I'm unfamiliar with to make participating worthwhile) but I doubt this issue is nearly as big of a problem here as it sounds like it was there. Basically everything Duckroll says is a site-wide policy and should be adhered to. Please keep comments outright sexual in nature out entirely (this doesn't happen here often, thankfully). Other, less-severe, innuendo comments can afford to be toned back as well (on the level of 'that's what she said' or basically anything that could be or is punctuated with an unclephilface). This isn't really a consistent problem but appears from time to time.

That's all I have to say. More often than not this thread is good so *thumbs up*.

Gorillaz

Yea that whole back and forth conversation in animegaf was mentioned in a few other community threads as well.

The whole lewd jokes has to have a line.
I considered that line crossed when you mention 12 year old camel toe

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Now if somebody could do something about the World Cup thread, seriously, that shit crosses the line way too often.

Bros, I finally saw Godzilla.
I almost thought it was a disappointment....up until
DAT ATOMIC BREATH.
Then it became amazing.

Now that I know there's a sequel in development, the way the movie was done made sense. They were re-establishing Godzilla back into the mainstream American audience.

BTW Korra ToonamiGaf fans(are there any left :p) Book 3 is about to start

Nick is determined to run Avatar into the ground, and I have no sympathy at all.

Gorillaz

Mike and Bryan ran it into the ground already. Nick was dumb to start it off as a 1 and done tho, and then order more seasons literally after 2 episodes aired. Either go all the way or not.

Got a PM about --> http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=118522781 only w.r.t. ToonamiGAF as it has come up in here semi-recently.

I'm not totally accustomed with AnimeGAF (just too much I'm unfamiliar with to make participating worthwhile) but I doubt this issue is nearly as big of a problem here as it sounds like it was there. Basically everything Duckroll says is a site-wide policy and should be adhered to. Please keep comments outright sexual in nature out entirely (this doesn't happen here often, thankfully). Other, less-severe, innuendo comments can afford to be toned back as well (on the level of 'that's what she said' or basically anything that could be or is punctuated with an unclephilface). This isn't really a consistent problem but appears from time to time.

That's all I have to say. More often than not this thread is good so *thumbs up*.

Thanks for responding to this, I have and will continue to tone back on the unclephil.jpg because I always meant for it to be done in fun and not as something to make others uncomfortable or drive the conversation in an overly lewd manner

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yea that whole back and forth conversation in animegaf was mentioned in a few other community threads as well.

The whole lewd jokes has to have a line.
I considered that line crossed when you mention 12 year old camel toe

That is WAY too goddamn far. I don't think we've ever gone that far, or would ever even go that far but we should still be careful.

Why would anyone even think something like that would be ok? Why would the creators even do something like that?

BatDan

Duckroll's post also mentioned "waifu wars". Maybe now the manga thread can finally be readable!

That is WAY too goddamn far. I don't think we've ever gone that far, or would ever even go that far but we should still be careful.

Why would anyone even think something like that would be ok? Why would the creators even do something like that?

i think whenever underage kids get brought up we just make a bunch of watchlist jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom