• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Yea that whole back and forth conversation in animegaf was mentioned in a few other community threads as well.

The whole lewd jokes has to have a line.
I considered that line crossed when you mention 12 year old camel toe

Yeah...I saw that in the advertisement thread. I am really hoping that whole bit was a really bad joke.

I feel like there's some context missing when ever AnimeGaf gets bought up, but I don't want to know.

If there isn't, then...*shudders* I understand that there are people out there who are into that and I agree 100% with Duckroll on it that it just doesn't belong here. Also...had no clue Animesuki was still around. I haven't been there in ages.

BTW Korra ToonamiGaf fans(are there any left :p) Book 3 is about to start

Here's hope this season doesn't suck.

So Legend of Korra was actually really good tonight.

Go figure.

You're being baited :p
I've not watched any of Korra FWIW

Also why is it that I can never find my stupid micro sd to sd card (or micro sd to usb converter) when I actually need to use the stupid thing -.-

Tenumi

Banned
I watched season 1 of Korra and liked it... until the season finale. That sucked the life from it, to me. Won't even consider the show now.

Kind of went a bit over board on my list of things for the plane flight, I know my PSP/3DS/DS/PC/Iphone can't all survive the stupidly long flight across country so I plan to rotate out as things die... but I still have quiet a few things to play on each, a lot of these are games I've played a lot and need to finish

3DS: Shovel Knight, Kid Icarus Uprising, Bravely Default, Picross e3, pokemon Y, and other random things I probably won't even play

DS: Tales of the Tempest (gag), Ace Attorney 2 Investigations

PSP: Final Fantasy Type 0, Tactics Ogre LUCT, Breath of Fire 3/4

Iphone: Final Fantasy 5 Fiesta, Final Fantasy Dimensions

Laptop: Fate/Stay Night VN, Gun x Sword anime, Casshern Sins anime

Books: Game of Thrones, Inferno

Yeah a bit stupid over board, but I remember my last trip to Hawaii my DS died and I was left with nothing to do for HOURS and I wanted to kill myself. Sometimes I miss the old days of double a batteries

I tapped out somewhere in the middle of season 2, will finish it eventually.
I made it to the end of season 2 surprisingly. It was those two Avatar origin episodes that keep me going.
The ending was dumb as hell though.
I will be catching season 3 when its over. I don't really care anymore.

You'll be in Alaska, man. Go swimming and get eaten by a whale or whatever people do there.

I have no intention of doing this IN Alaska LOL gonna be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too busy for that kind of stuff, the flight is 7-8 hours not counting the lay overs which I don't know currently how long they are. Plus we're driving tomorrow from CT to DC to drop off my brother which is another couple of hours. Double that on the return trip and I have plenty of time I need to kill lol. Plus one of the days my family is planning a trip to Canada and of course my passport is in Florida with my dad and I wasn't able to get it in time so I'm SOL that day :[

LOLDSFAN

Yea that whole back and forth conversation in animegaf was mentioned in a few other community threads as well.

The whole lewd jokes has to have a line.
I considered that line crossed when you mention 12 year old camel toe

Yeah it can be tough sometimes when it comes to adults, but if it's a kid then that's kind of yeah... Might want to keep that to yourself.

Reminds me of the whole Black Lagoon thing we're going through and how sick that is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have no intention of doing this IN Alaska LOL gonna be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too busy for that kind of stuff, the flight is 7-8 hours not counting the lay overs which I don't know currently how long they are. Plus we're driving tomorrow from CT to DC to drop off my brother which is another couple of hours. Double that on the return trip and I have plenty of time I need to kill lol. Plus one of the days my family is planning a trip to Canada and of course my passport is in Florida with my dad and I wasn't able to get it in time so I'm SOL that day :[

Pretty sure flights that long have power outlets.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just want to mention that I probably won't be able to attend the August 23rd Toonami. I'm moving that day. Of course, I can catch everything over the next few days after, but still, I'm probably going to miss it.

Levyne

Banned
My trans-atlantic flight didn't have outlets.
LLShC.gif
. Seems very airline dependent and even then, which plane you happen to get.

Pretty sure flights that long have power outlets.

None that I've ever been on, I think it's airline dependent like having screens in the back of every head rest or free drinks/food on a flight

Is your name Jonah Bass? Cause that might actually happen. I'd actually try and go whale watching if it a possibility. Whales are pretty awesome.

Nope, but if I did end up swallowed by a whale I'll make sure to watch out for pirates who are attempting to take over the kingdom

My trans-atlantic flight didn't have outlets.
LLShC.gif
. Seems very airline dependent and even then, which plane you happen to get.

Yep, and I have no idea what airline we're taking or where I'm sitting, I just know it was free for me

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Y'all gonna skip korra because it "sucks" but intentionally watch btb and shippuden every week

but that's none of my business
ibkWIP9ZQKGnsE.png

daveo42

Banned
Look out for a talking dog

Look out for a man with a lot of time on his hands in a very convincing rubber suit, a projector, hidden compartments, and possibility of gaining tons of money from some scheme. There may also be meddling kids and famous guest stars.

I really really hate Korra, but I really really want to play that Platinum game, but I really really hate entering in the middle of stories without context of what the overarching plot is. I'm conflicted.

Korra Book 3 is off to a pretty good start.
Look out for a man with a lot of time on his hands in a very convincing rubber suit, a projector, hidden compartments, and possibility of gaining tons of money from some scheme. There may also be meddling kids and famous guest stars.
And Hex Girls

bigkrev

I highly recommend Scooby Foo Wrestlemania Mystery if you have a couple of Beers in you and enjoy seeing The Miz get buried by everyone.

daveo42

Banned
But finding out who the guy under the mask is was one of the best things about Scooby Doo. At least for me.

That was the whole draw for the show for me as well. Goofy hijinks and the crazy, insane setups used to pull on of these wacky schemes off was all part of the fun. Not saying that the setup needed changed or reinvisioned every now and again, but that's the heart of the show.

The drop into the occult and supernatural were just ways to make it seem more edgy or to appeal to the aging audience. I think the best actual throw back to the classic show outside of the new one was the 'kids' version. I mean, how can you not like the obvious red herring joke thrown in? Besides, the new show had to throw in the romance angle. Not every show needs one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Scooby-Doo and the Witch's was the first Direct to video of Scooby-Doo movie that I saw. Hooray for kindergarten

I swear to god they kept using the Hex Girls too, I just can't remember where.

However, Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island was the shit.

That was so good dude, I still love that movie. All the Scooby-Doo movies from that time period were just great.

I never understood why they dropped "the monsters are REAL" angle after like 3 or so movies. Scooby Doo is at its BEST when it has actual supernatural elements to it.

It was a great change of pace from the show, where everything was just faked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom