• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well now, seems Jack might actually be fighting humans. As long as the beautiful action & animation is still present, I'm there day 1.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm...

fD79lBs.png

Line_HTX

Man, I wish those sub-only imbeciles for Persona 5 get the hammer. Completely ruining the fun for dual-audio people who love BOTH audios.

In fact, I wish Demarco yell at those idiots some more.

Line_HTX

Persona 3/4 had really good english voice acting (for the most part) so not having Dual Audio doesn't sting a whole lot.

I know that, I'm just saying those dub haters are the worst. Like come on, the JP audio can come as DLC, what's wrong with them saying the game will be released here in English only for a better experience?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, so Revival Samurai Jack is going to be 10 Episodes and will indeed close out the story and is indeed going to up the violence level.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The more prevalent VA work gets in games, the less I'm hurt by a lack of dual audio. Yes, this is what people have to deal with when EVERYTHING in a game is voiced. More expensive than getting just attack lines and key story sequences, y'know?

Stuff has ballooned. My old "Fighters have minimal translation issues, and are easy to translate!" games now have as much voiced dialogue and text as old RPGs. I have to feel that some developers just 5, 10, or 15 years ago never imagined that voice work, cinematics, and dual-audio concerns would be as big as they are now...

-----

Heavier Violence Jack?

Wait, wrong thing... *ahem* Guess the Oil color finally reveals it was just heavily de-saturated red! Quite interested to see how they work this. It'd be quite weird to see an old Genndy show suddenly get swears and bloody violence VS humans. Since he mostly fought machines and left humanoids... alive before, I wonder if they'll need story reasons to justify him actually killing living beings?

Moaradin

For some reason I never considered that Samurai Jack would be more violent. Though I guess it makes sense since it's airing on Adult Swim.

Jack did fight actual humans and aliens in the show, but most of the time he just subdued them, or broke their weapons.

There was an episode where Jack clearly killed people though. In The Princess and the Bounty Hunters, Jack killed around 5 or 6 bounty hunters, most which seemed to be human.

I don't necessarily think Samurai Jack is gonna be more violent. I mean the original show was already pretty crazy. It's just that instead of "he was fighting robots all along so it's okay to hack and slash" now he'll be fighting regular foes.

Right, so Revival Samurai Jack is going to be 10 Episodes and will indeed close out the story and is indeed going to up the violence level.

I approve of this tremendously. I do hope it doesn't go over the top or even show violent scenes for the sake of it.

Cornbread78

was it the pokemon power hour trhat killed people or the waifu stuff over real people that killed people

The constant harassment of the female presenter that got everyone banned. It really was gross behavior. Not quite YouTube comment gross, but still not up to NeoGAF standards of appropriateness and it took over the conversation....

Crocodile

Well now, seems Jack might actually be fighting humans. As long as the beautiful action & animation is still present, I'm there day 1.

Even when I was a kid, the fact that EVERYTHING Jack fought was a robot, even things that didn't look or act anything like a robot, strained my suspension of disbelief. I get why they did it, even then, but still.

Source?

Only 10 episodes makes me :( but a definitive ending makes me :)

The people who watched Samurai Jack are grown up now and Samurai fiction never strays from violence. Makes sense.

Very True. Maybe this will wash out the bad taste the new Berserk anime is likely to leave in your mouth?

was it the pokemon power hour trhat killed people or the waifu stuff over real people that killed people

The latter

Raxus

The constant harassment of the female presenter that got everyone banned. It really was gross behavior. Not quite YouTube comment gross, but still not up to NeoGAF standards of appropriateness and it took over the conversation....

That and the Guardian: Diversity at E3 was a graveyard as well.

Friendly reminder that online harassment for women is very real and I am with the mods taking a hard stance against it.

Speaking of which, I hope we didn't scare off Dr. Paluenta. She was one of a handful of posters that disappeared from GAF.

Josh5890

I hate to say this but it seems like Gaf has lowered their standards of appropriateness in recent times. Gaming and OT seems to have an overwhelming share of unnecessary jerks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
man, slightly glad they're improving some stuff, but hearing the same crap about the boss battles being luck-based on having the right weapon sucks so muHOLY CRAP RHYTHM HEAVEN MEGAMIX IS OUT NOW BUYING RIGHT NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom