• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I actually beat it. I don't hate it like most members on the forums, but I totally understand the dislike for the game. Especially the boss battles & "hope you have the right item or else you get to have an extremely tedious battle"

Crocodile

Real talk? I loved Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door but I never got around to playing Super Paper Mario or Sticker Star - I was too busy during those times. I wanted to pick them up the later but I heard SO MUCH HATE about it that I just avoided it. I don't even know really what Sticker Star did so wrong but man is the hate real. Not like I don't have other games to play, work to do, etc. though

As an aside, I'm super hype for Bloodstained <3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Super Paper Mario was just really "meh" aside from when YOU WENT TO HELL OH GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC.

also oh man, the internet wasn't kidding about this final level/boss in Kirby Planet Robobot.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Bloodstained looks pretty legit. The animation so far is perfectly Alucard in 3D.

It's a bit unfair because I loved the PSP Castlevania Bloodlines Remake, and this totally looks like that but better, and more original. When you watch someone perfectly hop-slash-hop-slash down a hallway, nailing the kills at a rhythm that feels perfectly melodic, you know you're in a properly-build modern SOTN-ish game. Feels good to watch, more fun to do it yourself.

Ay8GaOL.gif

...Are we sure Aonuma isn't a pyromaniac?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Man Gawd: Actually, yeah, I might. Brother got the Humble Bundle and ones from Ninty, so I think he has a spare...

Line_HTX

SAB CA, have you seen the 50 minute KOF 14 special? Whoever subbed it, I have to give props to them summarizing the chitchat in a nice, small, and to the point bubble without feeling lost, even when there are no subs there, ROFL

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
Not a problem at all! I'm glad to be able to help!

SAB CA, have you seen the 50 minute KOF 14 special? Whoever subbed it, I have to give props to them summarizing the chitchat in a nice, small, and to the point bubble without feeling lost, even when there are no subs there, ROFL

I watched it on my tablet when it first came out (ignoring the rest of E3 while it was on, ha). Actually, we know who subbed it! The notes were taken by the player Dune, and the sub was supervised and checked over by The Professor on Madman's Café. He said he wishes he could have done a full sub, but he only had notes to work from, and he thinks Dune would have died if they made him do more, lol.

Beyond that, he says he thinks it's awesome to see SNK actually thinking about people outside Asia with stuff like that. Really love the community being so involved, and SNK reaching out to them for assistance. Makes one feel all warm and fuzzy and stuff.

BBboy20

My mom is afraid I'm going to get robbed or stabbed in San Francisco. I'd imagine the odds are increased if I was in Oakland but...well, at the very least, I'm not walking through the Tenderloin.

I already have The Last Guardian pre-ordered, but I'm trying really hard not to resubscribe to Amazon Prime just to buy the collector's edition. I'm going to probably cave in in the next day or two if it's not sold out.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Today's Bleach was the most bleachiest bleach to ever bleach.

Truly a new record time for making a new power up irrelevant. Amazing stuff. He actually reached into the future and erased the chapter and a half he would have spent trying to make it look cool before the villain no sold it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That scene is going to be hilarious in the (eventual) anime. Especially if it's just as lazy as it was portrayed in the manga. I actually had to go back and make sure they didn't accidentally repeat the page, but no it was that bad.

God damn it Kubo, just end it and retire.

I laughed at
the two page spread for Ichigo's bankai, followed immediately by a copypasted version of that two page spread except with the sword broken

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's low on Jump's table of contents, which generally means it gets low ratings, but I believe the volume collections still sell decently well.

Even volumes sales are going down.

In the first half of 2016, Bleach ranked in 22nd place at 1,129,676. That's less than World Trigger at 1,254,621.
For context, One Piece (which is always a blockbuster seller) sold 6,470,105. This all the first half of the year.

I'll be surprised if Bleach makes it past 2017, given that sales for Bleach are dropping across the board. It wouldn't unexpected for Jump to tell Kubo to wrap it up.

Even volumes sales are going down.

In the first half of 2016, Bleach ranked in 22nd place at 1,129,676. That's less than World Trigger at 1,254,621.
For context, One Piece (which is always a blockbuster seller) sold 6,470,105. This all the first half of the year.

To be fair Bleach has no ongoing anime to World Triggers one that went on for a year and a half and probably only stopped due to lack of canon content to adapt. The fact Bleach still does that well probably permits it to stay around as long as Kubo wants it to. Of course with the news Nisekoi apparently isn't ending soon who knows maybe SJ is scared and letting series like Bleach and Nisekoi overstay their welcome while they try and find more new series to fill their spots.

Raxus

I find it hard to get mad at Bleach when so many other series are so good right now.

Although one series just boarded a boat which is never a good sign.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That scene is going to be hilarious in the (eventual) anime. Especially if it's just as lazy as it was portrayed in the manga. I actually had to go back and make sure they didn't accidentally repeat the page, but no it was that bad.

God damn it Kubo, just end it and retire.

I did the exact same thing. :D

So we may actually be getting a new blue exorcist anime hopefully this new one covers all the canon stuff since Blue Exorcist has gotten progressively better in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom