• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Idol emblem runs the razor's edge between being too animu and just enough animu. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
Best part is they put a Neogaf member in the game:

WVW69jVVXNA8QtVqBC

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, of all people it's Tien who mans up to try to prevent Cell from reaching his perfect form, Tekkadan begin to plan out their new mission to ferry Kudelia from Mars to Earth, Leorio is ready to step into the ring but there's one problem: Kurapika's battle hasn't ended yet, Mugen and Jin have their hands full with Kagetoki Kariya but somebody is going to have to come to Fuu's aid, Sasuke's shitty team travels to the hideout of his next recruit, the massive Oars awakens anew as a zombie...a zombie with Luffy's personality, and Shinichi takes it upon himself to stop Hideo Shimada's rampage.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 75 - Power Unknown! Android 16 Breaks His Silence!
11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 76 - Tien's Desperate Attack! Save Your Friends, Goku!
12:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 4 - The Price of Life
12:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 10 - Trick × to × the Trick
1:00 - Samurai Champloo - 25 - Evanescent Encounter (Part 2)
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 117 - Jugo of the North Hideout
2:00 - One Piece - 351 - Awakening After 500 Years!! Oars Opens His Eyes!!
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 10 - What Mad Universe

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I love how Meta isn't even trying to hide his disdain for Shippuden at this point. I do not blame you. Even back in canon, it's garbage.

Do we have updated end dates? I know there's a marathon next week.

Grexeno

Do we have updated end dates? I know there's a marathon next week.
Samurai Champloo: July 9
Parasyte –the maxim-: October 8
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: November 26
Dragon Ball Z Kai: December 3, (not including Buu Arc), February 3, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Hunter X Hunter: February 23, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BatDan

Samurai Champloo: July 9
Parasyte –the maxim-: October 8
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: November 26
Dragon Ball Z Kai: December 3, (not including Buu Arc), February 3, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Hunter X Hunter: February 23, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you.
I'd update the Naruto and One Piece sections to fit with current events. Not spoiler-y but small jokes.
Usually around the amount of filler that Pierrot is still dumping into Shippuden even though the manga ended nearly TWO YEARS AGO

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How's the gameplay? I'm writing and editing all day today and haven't had time to play it. It looks like it straddles that line well, but I haven't seen much of the gameplay.

It's very slick. Kinda like Strange Journey's battle system mixed with SMT IV. No press turn, instead the basic idea is that if you use a skill that the enemy is weak to any party member with a matching skill of that type will join in and gang up on the monster and it builds from there.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's very slick. Kinda like Strange Journey's battle system mixed with SMT IV. No press turn, instead the basic idea is that if you use a skill that the enemy is weak to any party member with a matching skill of that type will join in and gang up on the monster and it builds from there.

That sounds interesting, I'll grab it when I get back from Barcade tonight.

So basically I have to get to episode 3 of Hunter x Hunter by next Saturday to prepare for the marathon, and I need to watch the hell out of Parasyte to get up to episode 9 by the following week?

So basically I have to get to episode 3 of Hunter x Hunter by next Saturday to prepare for the marathon, and I need to watch the hell out of Parasyte to get up to episode 9 by the following week?

Wait, isn't the HxH marathon starting at the first episode?

Also, on an unrelated note, Kiznaiver is pretty good.

It's pretty good guys.

Seda

Well, normally marathons are the seven trailing episodes, which for HxH would be 4-10. However, the schedule does say 1-7 for that night.

edit: The promo from PreFlight (which we'll see tonight) says first seven. So yeah, a little different I guess.

Also, on an unrelated note, Kiznaiver is pretty good.

It's pretty good guys.

I guess it is the first 7! Good news for me. Also love your avatar, I am currently on episode 5 of Space Dandy.

And since someone posted a screen of Tokyo Mirage Sessions, we just ran to Gamestop to buy it before it closed. I don't know if I am going to start right away since I have a ton of games I need to finish (Witcher, Platinum for R&C, TWEWY being the ones I am actually attempting to beat) but I am excited.

Regiruler

last week was the first time I actually thought "this is completely awful" for Shippuden

I am usually the last person to go down but fuck that excuse for a character

sword guy is mostly cool but during the sword retrieval ep they really didn't need to say it's full name every time. The show needs some selective localization cropping.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
last week was the first time I actually thought "this is completely awful" for Shippuden

I am usually the last person to go down but fuck that excuse for a character

I am oddly down for what Naruto is dropping. It's bad in a way that's been keeping me up without the use of stimulants.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kiznaiver was a good show that didn't get enough episodes to fully flesh out everything and failed to full reconcile the old ideas with the change in direction. Still, it stuck the landing which is more then I can say for other anime that are Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

Kiznaiver was a good show that didn't get enough episodes to fully flesh out everything and failed to full reconcile the old ideas with the change in direction. Still, it stuck the landing which is more then I can say for other anime that are Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress .

Kabaneri has gone full stupid.

There is not one smart character in Kabaneri.

BatDan

Oh goody, my cable signal went out. 15 minutes before Toonami.
Hopefully it comes back soon...

EDIT: And it's back. Good.

Moaradin

Kabaneri did get pretty dumb. Can't say I'm that disappointed though, since discount AoT was what I was expecting before it aired. At least it had those good first couple episodes.

Karin may be one of the worst female characters in existence but her look does it for me. :< I'm so ashamed. I'm nothing but a filthy animal giving in to his baser instincts. Forgive me, GAF, for I am weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom