• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also glad to see MHA is getting another season.

Also, the anime might be garbage, but those delicious Berserk Musou images...

6f543ed7419fb373ae50af3063f7e1601466687309_full.jpg

STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS!!!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bring Berserk to Toonami so then we can get a review of this new game.

Also yay to S2 of MHA being confirmed.

Hunter X Hunter 01

That sure was a lot of extra material.

While there is merit to fast pacing when you have to wait week to week for episodes, when all is said and done it bugs when series can't get complete adaptations. For as annoying as fillers and the pacing can be, at least the Narutos and One Pieces of the world will give you 100% of the sources story.

(My plan is to eventually catch up and be watching the two adaptations side by side for more comparisons).

*sees a Sonic movie is in production*

Will they finally bring back the character who will save this franchise?
Silver02.png

The people demand it!

GIVE HIM A GUN TOO!

Thats...been known for awhile Hellwarden, 2 years actually. funny it still isn't that well known yet.

I was hoping for some new game info. today but seems they are intent on saving the big reveal for the party next month. just give me some Generations 2 and I'll be happy.

Seems that 8PM Kai is gone now.

How so? was anything said?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hunter X Hunter 01

That sure was a lot of extra material.

While there is merit to fast pacing when you have to wait week to week for episodes, when all is said and done it bugs when series can't get complete adaptations. For as annoying as fillers and the pacing can be, at least the Narutos and One Pieces of the world will give you 100% of the sources story.

(My plan is to eventually catch up and be watching the two adaptations side by side for more comparisons).

The original had a lot of filler as well. The new one definitely truncated the first episode, but not by a lot and it kept all the important stuff in there.

The original had a lot of filler as well.

Like the second episode!

Not bad though, it all fit well and I wouldn't assume it was out of place until I checked the manga to confirm.

I don't want to badmouth the new anime for cutting content in cases where the original anime team just did a good job making natural feeling filler that added to the story.

Raxus

The latest chapter of Bleach is called THE END.

If only it was the end.

I read that and actually laughed out loud. I was half way tempted to close it and say it actually ended right there.

Even better. My power reverses wounds directed at me. My power reverses wounds directed at me as well!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The last...four or five chapters of Bleach have been the Bleachist Bleach has ever been. Blank Space. Explanation of New Powers trumped by explanations of New Powers. This isn't even my final form.

Raxus

It is kind of crazy how good many manga have gotten while Bleach has continued to Bleach. It's tragically hilarious at this point. The series is literally summed up with the gif of two guys teleporting behind one another.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It is kind of crazy how good many manga have gotten while Bleach has continued to Bleach. It's tragically hilarious at this point. The series is literally summed up with the gif of two guys teleporting behind one another.

Seriously...
One Piece is still awesome, My Hero Academia is top-tier at the moment, Shokugeki no Soma is getting out of its funk, Hunter x Hunter is actually existing, Toriko is in its final arc and is so deep in "I don't give a fuck" mode that it's actually kind of awesome, and I don't read Gintama but I hear that's amazing.

Bleach stays true to its name and is nothing more than a stain on Jump.

Jump does have other crap though. Black Clover (Generic Shonen The Series), Samon the Summoner (though it probably improved, I don't know nor care), and that Tatsu & Batsu garbage.

bigkrev

Guys

Nisekoi

It's continued existance is a blight on Jump

Black Clover is really good though. I'm glad it got enough popularity in Japan to continue, because I was sure it would be canceled in 20 chapters when I started

Guys

Nisekoi

It's continued existance is a blight on Jump

Black Clover is really good though. I'm glad it got enough popularity in Japan to continue, because I was sure it would be canceled in 20 chapters when I started

I imagine the anime announcements will happen late this year or early next.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't recall Vivi ever doing any fighting, or at least enough to warrant being playable.

....people gonna vote Rebecca for da fanservice, based on Google search.

Vivi basically used sharp as hell discs on strings. She's about as good in a fight as Nami is pre clima-tact, maybe a bit better.

Rebecca has an interesting fighting style based on dodging.

Senor Pink is da real fanservice vote as he is HARD BOILED.

bigkrev

Hunter X Hunter 07

22MMGfO.png

That was a much more interesting way of showing backstories than just having them talk about it while they ran.

I checked the manga, and sure enough that played out the same way the newer anime did, so kudos to the team behind the previous anime for some of the best filler I've seen. Very natural stuff.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The world's kind of fucked right now isn't it?

I imagine the US Stocks will bounce back up in a couple days, but there's a lot of lasting implications.

Grexeno

Britain officially the most embarrassing Western country. They went and basically did the equivalent of electing Donald Trump.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Idol Emblem is super dope. I especially love the big chunky subtitles, big change from playing Xenoblade X awhile ago, which I still need to finish.

Man, I hope Canada doesn't become the exception to the rule of the rise of right wing parties and politics in the west. I hope you American folks make the right choice in November.

Hey, they're about to elect their equivalent Trump. So give them a minute, it can get worse.

Electing Boris Johnson at this point just gives Scotland more reason to get out of the UK.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Idol Emblem is super dope. I especially love the big chunky subtitles, big change from playing Xenoblade X awhile ago, which I still need to finish.

#FE is out in the US? What?!

Electing Boris Johnson at this point just gives Scotland more reason to get out of the UK.

Oh they're gone in a year no matter what. Northern Ireland is the one to watch. That's going to be a fun one to see unfold.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
#FE is out in the US? What?!

Friday is the usual Nintendo release day lately. Occasional Sunday launches, but yes. I've had it since midnight but fell asleep. Have the day off so I've been goofing off watching ancient wrassling and playing FFV, and when I went downstairs to make lunch I decided to check on Idol Emblem and ended up playing the prologue chapter. It's really quite a nice game so far.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Friday is the usual Nintendo release day lately. Occasional Sunday launches, but yes. I've had it since midnight but fell asleep. Have the day off so I've been goofing off watching ancient wrassling and playing FFV, and when I went downstairs to make lunch I decided to check on Idol Emblem and ended up playing the prologue chapter. It's really quite a nice game so far.

Fuck me, I had to work today. Stupid work, if I didn't have to pay for things I wouldn't bother with it.

I'll just grab it on the way home.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fuck me, I had to work today. Stupid work, if I didn't have to pay for things I wouldn't bother with it.

I'll just grab it on the way home.

Hey just do I what I do and work 16-20 hour days early in the week and take half the week off.

Regiruler

I hate idol/waifu culture and things that are very *japanese*, so I am staying away from #FE even though the art style is mostly nice and the combat looks fun.

I saw footage of a sidequest about someone with username "tikiwaifu" and I just closed the tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom