• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

WVW69jVcL3sxBsEtyY

LATER

Toonami Mirage Sessions, I take it?

This is the main menu or something? I don't have a system, so I'm not playing.

:V

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's the pause menu. All the characters are laying in a beautiful flower field while the middle circle has the usual RPG options (system, party, items, etc.).

WVW69jVa7hMZj-SFbl

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, just a screencap I found on Miiverse. But what's neat is the more characters you meet/party members you get, the more characters get added to the menu.

The presentation in this game is great, makes me want Persona 5 even more.

Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 1 - Departure × and × Friends
12:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 2 - Test × of × Tests
12:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 3 - Rivals × in × Survival
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 4 - Hope × and × Ambition
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 5 - Hisoka × is × Sneaky
2:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 6 - A × Surprising × Challenge
2:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 7 - Showdown × On × The Airship

Later.

Toonami |Jul16| MARATHON x MARATHON

I can't sleep. Help.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. No thoughts this week, I feel like I don't have much to say...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You just were shocked by the origin of the curse mark and its storied past that totally deserves 2 parts to cover.

What is wrong with Studio Pierrot?
I mean, the anime is somehow still going even though the manga ended nearly two years ago.

Moaradin

Studio Pierrot mastered the art of stretching shit out. You almost have to give them credit.

The current filler in the Japanese airing isn't even bad but they put it right in the middle of a fight...

We need a Naruto Kai, seriously.

This is all just bullshit padding to buy time and I feel bad for Viz for having to even dub it then WE gotta slog threw it when that comes up.

Line_HTX

Someone mentioned that Shippuden keeps going on and on because they are doing extremely well in the ratings even though the manga already ended?

It feels like the Big Two in general, but more Naruto specifically, are simply trapped in an endless viewership cycle where they can't speed it up or just end it because they keep getting all the viewers.

Someone mentioned that Shippuden keeps going on and on because they are doing extremely well in the ratings even though the manga already ended?

It feels like the Big Two in general, but more Naruto specifically, are simply trapped in an endless viewership cycle where they can't speed it up or just end it because they keep getting all the viewers.

My personal theory is they're dragging Naruto out as long as they can until they have enough material to launch the Boruto anime to replace it.

Mizerman

Pretty much, yeah. As long as they get enough ratings, that money train never ends.

It doesn't, though. Shippuden rarely ever appears in the top 10 animation rankings while One Piece and Dragon Ball Super are always in the top 10.
Whatever the reason, ratings are definitely not the reason they keep Shippuden running.

It doesn't, though. Shippuden rarely ever appears in the top 10 animation rankings while One Piece and Dragon Ball Super are always in the top 10.
Whatever the reason, ratings are definitely not the reason they keep Shippuden running.

Just cause it's not in the top 10 doesn't mean it isn't making a killing for them. Remember ratings are a complicated beast especially for another country.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's time for a good old "Give Man God a new Avatar for the rest of the Month" game.

Only rule is it that it must conform to the normal size/content of NeoGAF avatars, i.e. it can't get me banned/have me lose my avatar privileges.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope to be done with ZTD by then but I think I need to drive my mom to my brother's house that day, which is a six hour round trip.

So I'm going to finally plunge into the 999/ Virtue's Last Reward series. Already ordered a copy of 999 and will likely get VLR from the flash sale. Does the Vita have the save glitch like the 3ds version?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm going to finally plunge into the 999/ Virtue's Last Reward series. Already ordered a copy of 999 and will likely get VLR from the flash store. Does the Vita have the save glitch like the 3ds version?

Nope.

Each version has its pros and cons:

Vita:

+ While the game isn't a looker by any means it does look slightly better on Vita.
+ No Save Glitch! Though this could be seen as a con by weirdos who like the tension involved. It's also slightly less crash prone though years of stability updates have actually made the 3DS version less crash prone.

-Controls suck on this version. It's clearly tuned for the 3DS. Some of the puzzles are downright painful to do on the Vita and while you might know the solution wrangling the controls will be the true fight.
-No bottom screen for memo overlays. This is big. I suggest playing the Vita version near a piece of paper+pen or have your phone out or whatever, you're gonna need to write shit down and have it on hand.

3DS:

+ Controls, while not perfect, are much better in this version.
+ Memo overlay is a godsend.

- Save Glitch. Don't save in puzzle rooms. In the digital version they patched out the ability to save in the room that usually triggers the glitch, but just to be safe don't save in any of them.
- Doesn't look quite as nice as the Vita version.
- Usually slightly more expensive than the Vita version.

I've played them both and I just slightly prefer the 3DS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I honestly preferred Vita because wider screen, slightly better graphics (though in ZTD's case, much more noticeable), and (for some reason), you had three colors to deal with for your memo, so it was kind of helpful to color-code your notes. Where as 3DS only had one, & this was based on the fact I played the demo for each version.

.........plus Vita has trophies, if you care about that sort of thing.

Hoping Amazon gets my copy on time, still "estimating" when it'll ship & I'm hoping they'll be able to deal with the replacement watch situation (which props to Aksys for handling it well, especially with the promise of a "bonus")

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I honestly preferred Vita because wider screen, slightly better graphics (though in ZTD's case, much more noticeable), and (for some reason), you had three colors to deal with for your memo, so it was kind of helpful to color-code your notes. Where as 3DS only had one, & this was based on the fact I played the demo for each version.

.........plus Vita has trophies, if you care about that sort of thing.

Hoping Amazon gets my copy on time, still "estimating" when it'll ship & I'm hoping they'll be able to deal with the replacement watch situation (which props to Aksys for handling it well, especially with the promise of a "bonus")

VLR is literally the only Platinum trophy I have on any game because it is inevitable to get it if you want to actually beat the game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still more than me which is a solid 0.

In any case, I think I'll go for the 3ds version of VLR since the controls don't suck in that version. I will say that having to pass on the Flash sale for it does kinda suck though.

VLR was also in two consecutive 3DS sales, though neither was quite as low as this flash sale price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom