• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"#Toonami fans- an all new Pre-Flight is up at 6:30! http://twitch.tv/adultswim . We talk our fav post apocalyptic movies, Mamoru Hosoda, & more!"

Mamoru Hosoda movie marathon confirmed, we can finally watch Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Wolf Children, and The Boy & The Beast.

Didnt metroid primerib say he was going to the panel?

Any chance you could periscope it if you get into it and have the internet powers to do it?

I know Toonami Faithful is going to have a stream in some capacity.

One of the guys from the Show Rundown is going to Periscope it as well.

Line_HTX

I barely remember Wolf's Rain at this point.

I'm happy I bought this show.

Wolf's Rain is a journey-type show that deserves the Toonami treatment.

"We found... a kind... of paradise, in the flowers bloom~"

And of course Cheza's song that puts everyone into a happy deep sleep.

All I remember of Wolf's Rain is:
* Vague details of the first episode.
* Vague details of the last episode.
* The fact that it had four recap episodes. I think the [as] showing skipped them, though.

Just came over the wire that Aniplex of America got Kiznaiver AND Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

I totally expected this to happen the minute it came out that Funi couldn't renew the rights :|

Hopefully they'll be able to put the last few episodes up online, because for some reason Funi didn't.

This also means I can't ever buy the DVD now.

I logically shouldn't be bitter about Aniplex taking the rights back, and putting out their own release, probably at a much higher price.

But I kinda am.

Crocodile

I think you're missing a zero in that number.

$0.300?

s7nmHKb.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Seems I have the worst luck.
I bought Lego Dimensions, it was on sale at a pretty decent price (compared to normal)
I play for a bit, and then one of the minifigs just stops working. Rather, the tag that's attached to the minifig.
Had to call WB and thankfully they'll replace it. But damn, barely an hour in and shit stops working. Not a good outlook WB.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I logically shouldn't be bitter about Aniplex taking the rights back, and putting out their own release, probably at a much higher price.

But I kinda am.

It is easy to be bitter when the series is now going to cost a second mortgage to own.

Raxus

With the exception of the Witcher 3 (which they distributed), I am quickly learning to stay away from WB releases.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess the question is would AoA redub FMA:B? Can they sell their set with the funimation dub? Will they do a sub only set?
I honestly can't see them spending the time & money to redub that series, considering it's a bit long & there's a ton of characters to deal with.

Did they redub Baccano? That was another series that was originally owned by Funimation.

Edit: I see FMA Brotherhood on Aniplex's site & they link to Netflix as to how to watch it. So perhaps it will keep the dub.

Crocodile

Is it the lighting or is she rather old for a cosplayer?

Off topic but I just started Red Steel 2 and this is fucking gorgeous and stylish for a wii game.

Cosplaying knows no age limit!

She really went ahead and did it.

Ben Moore of Easy Allies now (somewhat) knows of our existence.

Also, no streams at the AX panal?

Of ToonamiGaf specifically or NeoGaf in general? The later isn't anything new.

Of coures Kubo's is mostly negative space.

Dude, dont hate on Kubo's drawing. It's super badass. Toriyama's lost a few steps apparently. Doesn't even look like his work. Would pretty much kill to have a few of those. Black Lagoon, Detective Conan, Bobobo, FMA, Ranma, Naruto, Bleach etc. Can't seem to find Food Wars-san and Togashi. I wonder if Togashi is so bad right now that he can't even draw a single picture. Poor dude.

I guess the question is would AoA redub FMA:B? Can they sell their set with the funimation dub? Will they do a sub only set?

In general, 'rescues' don't get redubbed unless the dub was partial or heavily edited.

I think they probably can use the Funi dub, but I'm not sure. This is technically a different situation from Gurren Laggan, which was a Bandai Ent. rescue, but that dub was done with Bang Zoom Studios, which Aniplex works with pretty frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom