• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Is there an English version of Shonen Jump published? Or is each manga only available separately?
They used to be a print magazine. Now it's a digital subscription. It's the only legal way to read anything in English without buying individual volumes.

What's a little knife fight between friends?

It's all fun and games until...
maxresdefault.jpg

ckohler

You bet.

Although I am uncertain if other jump properties like One Punch Man and JoJo are also available.

Gon should be a therapist.

Yeah Shonen Jump is still sold in America. It's all digital now. You still get the manga like you would have in the past though. All the mangas and stuff together.

Damn. That's kinda tempting considering you get a bunch of manga in one subscription. Including One Piece?

You'd think Gon's enthusiasm and general overly-happy attitude would get kinda grating but it's super endearing. The kid is just a joy to watch. Time for more Hunter x Hunter.

LTTP but I'm all excite about One Punch Man coming to Toonami. Never seen or read about the series so super glad I'll finally get a chance on the teley.

Raxus

Truth be told
when I first saw the ending I thought there were others like Hisoka only to realize they are different reactions throughout the series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You'd think Gon's enthusiasm and general overly-happy attitude would get kinda grating but it's super endearing. The kid is just a joy to watch. Time for more Hunter x Hunter.
Seriously, especially considering how easy it is to mess up a kid character. Right aside Hatchin for one of the most tolerable kid characters in anime.

Crocodile

He wants to do it himself. From what we can tell his wife is helping him out a bit lately due to his illness, you can see her influence in some of the chapters.

Togashi famously drew with no assistants (may not be true anymore). He probably doesn't want anyone to touch his baby.

It's the same thing as GRRM and Game of Thrones.

Huh. The sense I'm getting is that this is a chronic illness that will be with him the rest of his life? I heard it was back related issues but I know much overall. Well get wrecked people who read the HxH manga I guess :(

Damn. That's kinda tempting considering you get a bunch of manga in one subscription. Including One Piece?
The series running in SJ digital are

Black Clover
Bleach
Blue Exorcist
Boruto: Naruto Next Generation
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma
Hunter × Hunter (on hiatus now lol)
My Hero Academia
Nisekoi
One Piece
One-Punch Man
Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign
Toriko
World Trigger
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

Argh. The cut, it burns!!!

There is one thing I should mention. The manga doesn't drop same day as Japan. It's like 5 days later. So as long as you don't pay attention too the spoilers from Japan, go ahead and subscribe!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Argh. The cut, it burns!!!

There is one thing I should mention. The manga doesn't drop same day as Japan. It's like 5 days later. So as long as you don't pay attention too the spoilers from Japan, go ahead and subscribe!

Except it does drop the same day as Japan.
The chapters we get on Thursday are leaks from Japanese book sellers. Meaning we get this info long before Japan should.

Crocodile

I mean people go on about "Food Wars has no action" but frankly it has more action and is better than shows that have been and are currently on Toonami so I have no beef with it.

It's all fun and games until...
maxresdefault.jpg

When you use a spoiler at least say what series its a spoiler for :p

Aw, we got a case here of the boy characters clearly voiced by actresses.

I mean blame human biology? This is going to be a voice acting thing for like every language from now until the end of time :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Huh. The sense I'm getting is that this is a chronic illness that will be with him the rest of his life? I heard it was back related issues but I know much overall. Well get wrecked people who read the HxH manga I guess :(

Honestly no one knows for sure. Part of it is Togashi hasn't taken care of himself over the years, but beyond that we don't know a whole lot.

Seda

Good to hear. I dunno too many voice directors unfortunately. Should really fix that.

Tony Oliver directed the Fate/Zero dub, also Gurren Lagann, Eureka Seven.

We'll actually hear him in a voice role soonish in Shippuden as
Minato

ckohler

But they didn't say one or two. So they broke the rules right? This is a stupid test because it's lying about the rules.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Tony Oliver was also the voice of Lupin III in various dubs.
As well as Saba on Power Rangers. Tommy's talking sword.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tony Oliver directed the Fate/Zero dub, also Gurren Lagann, Eureka Seven.

We'll actually hear him in a voice role soonish in Shippuden as
Minato
Awesome, seems like a great ADR Director.

Also lol remember when we were all "oh man, FORESHADOWING"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom