• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they didn't say one or two. So they broke the rules right? This is a stupid test because it's lying about the rules.
The whole Hunter exam is mental. It mostly centers on physical fitness exams and martial arts mastery. Hunters, as we now know, can choose to specialize in cooking or medicine or any sort of other things. None of the people that want to do things like that have a need for fighting prowess.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still debating if I want to bother with seeing this 2 days before release.

............................but do I REALLY......?

Raxus

Erika Harlacher (Voice of Kurapika) cosplayed as him on the Anime Expo floor.

CmYOhgDVUAQloSm.jpg

Not bad.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The whole Hunter exam is mental. It mostly centers on physical fitness exams and martial arts mastery. Hunters, as we now know, can choose to specialize in cooking or medicine or any sort of other things. None of the people that want to do things like that have a need for fighting prowess.
They aren't just cooks and doctors. They are cooks and doctors who get thrown into super dangerous situations.

Also the benefits of being a Hunter are worth it even for cooks and doctors

I feel like this exam is really dangerous for the examiners too. If Hisoka had to pass through this I'm pretty sure he would have killed that guy.

Raxus

I feel like this exam is really dangerous for the examiners too. If Hisoka had to pass through this I'm pretty sure he would have killed that guy.

I just default assume Hisoka just passed every exam we don't see by killing someone.

Just how he rolls.

Nice little detail changing the voice of the monsters slightly.

ckohler

She said the only answer you're allowed to say is 1 or 2 and that anything else you say will be considered incorrect.

She said, and I quote, "Your answer must be either the number one or two. Any answer that is not the number one of two will be deemed incorrect."

They didn't say one or two. Boom, that's an automatic "incorrect".

I get that it's a trick question but if you state up front you're only allowed two options, and then allow for a third, that's just lying about the rules beforehand. That's all I'm saying.

And yes, they are clearly lying through their teeth (like they did about the busses) but once I found out that the rules are sometimes bullshit, I would have a hard time considering anything they say on any tests going forward to actually be true. It's kinda bullshit to even have rules at all if they just lie about them.

I couldn't tell them apart in the Japan version but it was super easy in the English version. Makes me wonder if they purposely changed that for us. Time for another episode of Hunter x Hunter.

They aren't just cooks and doctors. They are cooks and doctors who get thrown into super dangerous situations.

Also the benefits of being a Hunter are worth it even for cooks and doctors

Not necessarily though. A person could become a Hunter and stick themselves in a library for the rest of their days. Hunters have no quotas for getting into stupid situations. But Hunters are allowed to resources that normal people could never have. Imagine if that computer nerd from the exam later had passed and he had all the wealth that comes with being a Hunter. Dude makes super amazing computer software that could change the world. But unfortunately for us, super geniuses don't know MMA. Too bad, world.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Well, I could explain this but it involves spoilers.

Regiruler

They're implying that you need to answer 1 or 2 but they didn't technically lie. They never said you actually have to answer anything.

RagnarokX

To be fair, these tests are preliminary tests to determine the worthiness of candidates to take the exam. These guides would probably be able to determine some candidates like Hisoka are worthy just by looking at them and sensing their auras. If Hisoka went through the exciting quiz he probably would have walked straight to the secret door and openned it himself.

ckohler

They're implying that you need to answer 1 or 2 but they didn't technically lie. They never said you actually have to answer anything.

"Your answer must be either the number one or two." Doesn't seem like she was implying anything. That sounds like a rule. "Must". Maybe it's just a bad translation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, i've read all of Hunter x Hunter. Twice. It still doesnt make sense.

You gotta be able to use nen to really pass the exam though, and you've usually got to be in decent shape to do that. Outside of like three examples, everyone we've seen use nen has been tough as nails.

Raxus

I dunno why Leorio is even slightly surprised they disguised the exam site.

I wonder how many poor saps wind up in the hunter exam expecting a steak combo.

Regiruler

I dunno why Leorio is even slightly surprised they disguised the exam site.

I wonder how many poor saps wind up in the hunter exam expecting a steak combo.

Aren't they starved by this point? They haven't eaten by this point.

It's even worse where we are in the actual run.

RagnarokX

"Your answer must be either the number one or two." Doesn't seem like she was implying anything. That sounds like a rule. "Must". Maybe it's just a bad translation.

It was a test of character. There were actually 3 choices of something you had to give up. You could choose to give up your son, give up your daughter, or give up your qualification. The correct answer was to choose the unstated third option of being disqualified and trying to save both people. Real life doesn't play by rules.

Raxus

Gon should be a deadbeat dad hunter.

Going from anime to anime knocking sense into so many shounen protag dads.

Okay no more of this. I'm not paying attention to the show. Let's take this to PMs, B-Dubs.

You gotta be able to use nen to really pass the exam though, and you've usually got to be in decent shape to do that. Outside of like three examples, everyone we've seen use nen has been tough as nails.

That's what I'm saying! Nen is absolutely useless and just another form of physical fitness that is not needed for doing some of the things Hunters want to do. Just look at Leorio. The dude has been pretty much MIA for entire arcs. My boy Leorio learned Nen and then went to medical school. Dude probably hadn't used Nen in forever until he hit Ging. You could make the argument that Nen aptitude is a sign of true genius and those who are destined to do great things in life will naturally gravitate to the world of Hunters, like the opening narration says, but that's not necessarily true. Some geniuses are just plain old geniuses who still have a hint of nen within them.

Super spoilers do not click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom